Server Bugs, Issues, Glitches? Let us know here!

All Minecraft posts go here
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Hmm I'll have to try updating multiverse. We need this resolved before resetting the resource world or no one will be able to access it.
manicmarauder
Noob
Noob
====[ Multiverse World List ]====
world
world_the_end
elyon
PlotWorld
world_nether
EndMine
MiningInc
ASkyBlock_nether
NetherMine
I thought I'd re-do some tests tonight to verify what we saw before was still broken. In short, it is. Portal creation appears to be disabled across multiple worlds.

I didn't know several of those existed, much less were a part of Prism. Before heading off tonight I tried creating portals here:

world - Quoted error: "Portal creation disabled!"
world_nether - Quoted error: "Portal creation disabled!"
MiningInc - Quoted error: "Portal creation disabled!"
NetherMine - Quoted error: "Portal creation disabled!"

*IF* the listed ASkyBlock_nether is attached to the regular /skyblock I see people playing, then I don't have access to test this since I haven't played it ... or more specifically I haven't gotten far enough along to even be able to test it.

I had no idea before reading this that elyon or PlotWorld even existed, what they are, or how to get there, so as you might guess those went untested.

Existing portals have continued to function with no issues that I am aware of.

Hope this helps.
manicmarauder
Noob
Noob
I read back and don't see these issues being mentioned since the upgrade so I thought I'd make the post here as this appears to be the proper place.

1) The spawners are no longer silk touchable. In addition, regardless of what the spawner says when it's in your inventory when placed it's back to the minecraft default of becoming a pig spawner when being placed.

2) The shops plugin is apparently broken. It has the chests locked and says I don't have permission to open them (other peoples shops so that *should* be true) but the signs on the chests all appear to act as normal dead signs and don't even give permission errors. So it appears they may have become un-linked somehow. This includes the admin shop signs, so all shops on the server are non functional at the moment. I did check and no I can't loot the admin shop chests ;).

3) The Pet Shop in the spawn building is almost devoid of life. None of the signs work and all but the wolves are MIA.

4) The elevator / lift signs aren't working. Here the signs appear to be 'dead' normal signs, as if the plugin isn't present or functional at all. This also breaks the admin shops since they use signs to get to the upper floor, so that floor is effectively cut off ... not that it matters that much due to #2 above.

5) Player spawn shops - while the Shop plugin has the actual shop chests locked, all the *other* chests are able to be opened. So if someone has a storage chest in their shop (and some people do), then another person can currently come in and open that chest and remove the contents. No I didn't remove anything, I just peeked.

5a (rumor) - I remember someone asking about the shop chests, stating they were locked. I told them the shops were broken and that's as far as the conversation went. However, while I didn't think about it at the time the possibility exists that the actual owners of the chest might not have permission to open them at the moment. Someone who actually has a shop will need to confirm or deny that issue.

6) usability issue - when sending PMs to people now the server no longer gives a local echo of what was sent or to who. All it says is 'message sent'. So if you're having a conversation, or multiple conversations, you can't go back and quickly review where exactly you had left off in the conversation. It would be really nice to get that local echo back so we can see what it was we typed ... especially when we get responses back that don't match up at all with what we *thought* we typed.

7) curseword filter - this seems to be giving a high volume of false positives. I'm not sure what adjustments need to be made, but I've seen it *** out a lot of responses from people that I know they weren't cursing. It seems to really dislike contractions like "it's". At least I can see the partial match there and where it was going, but that's not at all what was said and the ************ just mangles the entire chunk of sentence.

I'm sure most of these are just plugin issues, but I thought I'd note them here on the official thread so that the information is available.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sorry for my slow response, I was dealing with out web server being attacked by thousands of malicious bots :(

We were using ChestShop which only goes to 1.13...I have installed a dev build of ShopChest...can you let me know if that works?

I also upgraded multiverse to 4.1.0 does that change anything?
manicmarauder
Noob
Noob
At the moment I'm standing by a test nether portal frame to see if anything is different there and can verify that they still do do not work.

Nether portal creation is disabled.

In another recently found 'bug' aka permissions issue: some players (well, me), no longer have access to /tpbypass command, which is a useful pair with the /dback command.

I know it's not that important in the grand scheme of things but my elytra are sitting in a hopefully unloaded chunk waiting for me to come back and pick them up. It's saying there may be suffocation, but i'm more than happy to risk a pick to get an elytra back, I just hope they didn't waste away while I was stuck behind the safety lock.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Added a nether portal permission, here's what's in pex currently

- multiverse.netherportals.link
- multiverse.access.MiningInc
- multiverse.portal.access.MiningInc
- multiverse.access.world
- multiverse.portal.access.*
- multiverse.portal.givewand
- multiverse.portal.access.world
- multiverse.portal.create
manicmarauder
Noob
Noob
OK, I re-checked and still get the 'Portal creation disabled' response.

Looking online two other spots that supposedly can block portal creation are in Worldguard and spigot.yml, though the threads I've been reading are rather unhelpful about exactly where in those files the entry would be. They mentioned the allow-portal-anywhere: false in the spigot.yml, but from my reading of what that is *supposed* to do I have doubts.

Ah ha! - Worldguard bit is here:
Added protection from nether portals being created in protected region (enable via config nether-portal-protection).

Apparently also essentials can block nether portal creation if you have that.
Prevent
portal-creation: true

From what I've been reading the multiverse portals may be functional even with regular portals not functional, but you'd need someone with the access to test it for you. So that means you may still be able to link up your spawn portals without problems. It also mentions the functionality of multiverse nether portals is being merged with multiverse core, so if you have that module it might be worth looking at. And supposedly multiverse can block regular portals, but I haven't found the entry yet.

Hmm, here's another possibility since we have all the other portal ways to move around: is allow-nether=true still in the base server.properties file? It could be the default method is off but all the other plugins are still allowing access and preserving your dimension links so it just looks like it's on. That's kind of a stretch though.

Well, it's getting late here, so I think I'm going to call it a night.
LTB_Strax_Core
Gamer
Gamer
Nether portals are still broken
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
There's a specific multiverse plugin for nether portals and I installed it. Not sure what else needs to be done...
LTB_Strax_Core
Gamer
Gamer
Can the permissions be fixed in Prism? Apparently all the plug-in issues are do to the permissions bugged out. I'd love to try and fix it myself, if you'd be willing to allow me to.
LTB_Strax_Core
Gamer
Gamer
Can Prism be turned back online? It crashed sometime Thursday or Friday and hasn't come back online.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Odd, the console was going on like normal. I rebooted it. Hope it's working now.
LTB_Strax_Core
Gamer
Gamer
Seems to be working now! Thanks!