Last Game You Beat

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
I beat The Book on Unwritten Tales 2 on the PS3 (Platinumed it, too). A pretty solid, fairly funny puzzle adventure game, the kind where you combine inventory in weird ways to solve puzzles. I'm not sure what was up with all the pentagrams in the Magic School, though-- the magic used tends to be more of the Disney type of magic, those symbols were kinda creepy and out-of-place in the game.
Last updated March 13th
BryanOnAPC
Noob
Noob
I honestly don't think I have ever beaten a game. Maybe I should put that on my bucket list :wink:
RighteousViking
Noob
Noob
You don't beat games. The difficulty just increases until you die!
BryanOnAPC
Noob
Noob
RighteousViking wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:45 am You don't beat games. The difficulty just increases until you die!

Honestly, I was kinda thinking that. Like, don't most games now-a-days never end. But even if i ever completed all the quest or missions in a game, i'd probably just go back and do it again to get better at it. Set my own personal speed goals or make videos to help people discovering the game.
RighteousViking
Noob
Noob
BryanOnAPC wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:19 pm
RighteousViking wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:45 am You don't beat games. The difficulty just increases until you die!

Honestly, I was kinda thinking that. Like, don't most games now-a-days never end. But even if i ever completed all the quest or missions in a game, i'd probably just go back and do it again to get better at it. Set my own personal speed goals or make videos to help people discovering the game.
Whether you're setting your own goals or facing a never ending series of challenges, games should never end! I'm still playing Skyrim after 8 years, Age of Empires after 20ish and Minecraft after about 7 or 8. When I see my friends saying that bragging that they've beaten a game in less than a week I just think they wasted $60.
MyNinjaPenguin
Noob
Noob
Detroit: Become Human. I wasn't a fan of all the profanity, but it was a fascinating experience.
sunsplace
Noob
Noob
I try to beat the people in skywars on some server but I can't ...
CuteRainbowElsa
Noob
Noob
Flee the facility Roblox
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
I beat LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham on the PS3 a couple of days ago. REALLY fun game, as long as you love the fairly repetitive, easy, collect-a-thon LEGO formula (which I definitely do). Funny story, dozens of hours of content, lots of characters. I particularly like the Lantern worlds, which are miniaturized so you can see the curve of the planet and follow it, so it kinda messes with your sense of gravity a bit. The only real issue I have is some of the celebrity cameos are really bizarre. I get Adam West, but Conan O' Brien? Kevin Smith? Does the target audience of LEGO games even know who those guys are!?! (I hope not.)
Last updated March 13th
ThoseFromHeaven
Noob
Noob
I destroyed Monster Hunter World with what I think is now a maxed account XD
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
I recently beat Sacred 3 on the PS3, a game I got free on PS Plus a while ago. It's a pretty decent hack-and-slash, though the art and dialogue are rather disparate-- the art says "take me super seriously", while the dialogue says "this is basically a comedy". Kinda weird.
Last updated March 13th
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
I just beat Uncharted 4: A Thief's End on the PS4. It's a pretty solid shooter/platform game with a pretty good story and a really sweet ending and amazing graphics. It'd be a wholehearted recommendation if it wasn't for the VERY prevalent taking of the Lord's name in vain. (This is a T-rated game, not M, and although it was present in previous Uncharted games, not nearly to this extent.) Sometimes during intense sequences I wondered if the writers knew any other words to express surprise or pain, it kinda grinded on me a bit.
Last updated March 13th
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
A few weeks ago I beat Jimmy Johnson's Anything With An Engine on the PS3, a Mario-Kart like racing game but with some unique twists, like having to earn "fan votes" to unlock certain weapons and having to go into a pit stop to repair your car before your health gets too low. A pretty solid racing game.
Last updated March 13th
kat2288
Noob
Noob
The last game I beat was mario kart, if that counts lol. I have gold in everything and have unlocked all characters. :)
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
It took a while (~40 hours), but I recently beat Risen 3: Titan Lords on the PS3, a game I got for free from PS Plus a few years ago. It's basically a poor man's Oblivion-- lazy writing and combat that takes a bit to get used to despite it being simplistic, and the graphics are horrible for a PS3 game, but despite that and a few minor bugs I enjoyed it overall as I love open-world games like this. Coulda done without the f-bombs, but they thankfully weren't that common.
Last updated March 13th