Behold, the body of Adonis and the brain of a squirrel.

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
Oy caramba! That amount of snow in the south is crippling to the whole society.

Favourite place to vacation in the U.S. aside from your house?
This is my signature
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Deepfreeze32 wrote: It's really not fun. Can confirm.

So if you could pick any part of the US to live based solely on weather (let's ignore issues like jobs, politics, proximity to family, etc and just assume everything works out in your favor), where would you pick? I know you often complain about Mississippi summers (And if they're anything like Texas summers, I completely understand), so I thought I'd pick your brain.
I complain about Mississippi summer's like your friends complain about your smelly socks. It's a kind of wink/nudge love-you-anyway-bro kind of thing. XD Not that I wouldn't mind less humidity...I could skip showering if I slathered myself in soap and stood outside for twenty minutes. -_-

As such, I don't know how to answer that question. I'm a 'the grass isn't greener on the other side' kind of guy. As much as I'm a positive person, I always look for the downside of locales. XD I know what I'm facing in MS. If I went to Alaska or Hawaii, I wouldn't even kind of weather patterns to look out for. And I imagine tropical summers are worse than MS.

Much as I love snow, I don't want to move north because I don't know how to deal with snow and ice that lasts more than a few days.

Conversely, much as I want to visit the desert, I don't want to live there because I would die. Fat people that are always hot and have skin whiter than chalk have no business in the desert. We start to smell like bacon a day in.

I love mountains and forests, but those aren't weather phenomena.

Is there a place that has relatively temperate weather, say...around 60-70 degrees, regular rain and fair winds? I would choose that. A constant state of spring and fall, as those are my favorite seasons.
RedPlums wrote: Oy caramba! That amount of snow in the south is crippling to the whole society.

Favourite place to vacation in the U.S. aside from your house?
The Smoky Mountains. ^_^ I have not been to many places in the US, but I have seen the ocean and the plains, and a little of the desert. And I have yet to find a place as beautiful as the smokies chaining through TN. I have not visited since the fires, but it's almost a dream world. Thick, endless forests, countless tiny rivers and streams, mountains towering to the sky and rock as old as time itself. There's something magical about it. Even Gatlinberg, despite being clearly a tourist city, actually has a living river running through the middle of it and vaguely Germanic architecture to a lot of its buildings, so it doesn't feel like someplace in the middle of the south (even though it's right next to such towns as Pigeon Forge and Sevierville. :P ).

You can fish for trout in the streams or lakes, or swim/canoe/tube in the frigid water, then retreat to the city for a warm meal and boatloads of cheesy shopping (last I went, which was a decade or so ago, there were like...fifteen gun/knife shops, and countless tourist traps. XD) and tourist attractions (there's a theater and an aquarium, and uncountable money draining things like go carts or bungee jumps in the surrounding area). Then spend the next day hiking through magical forests on trails by water or cliff, and find views that will take your breath away (and/or empty your bladder. I'm very frightened by heights).

Literally, my favorite vacation I can remember is when I and my entire family spent two weeks in a cabin in the Smokies. There was a hot tub, and donuts, and I learned to break dance. <3
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
The Pacific Northwest is kinda like what you described: It's been in the mid-30's to upper 40's this winter, but snow is a very rare phenomena that causes everything to shut down. The only downside, of course, is that it rains all Spring/Fall/Winter long. If you consider that a downside, I mostly really like the rain. XD

When you just can't get into a game, like, at all? You hear great things about it, but nothing is sucking you in. It's just not fun.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Well, obviously it was a successful trip if you learned to break dance!

Which are more fun, rivers or lakes?
This is my signature
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Deepfreeze32 wrote: The Pacific Northwest is kinda like what you described: It's been in the mid-30's to upper 40's this winter, but snow is a very rare phenomena that causes everything to shut down. The only downside, of course, is that it rains all Spring/Fall/Winter long. If you consider that a downside, I mostly really like the rain. XD

When you just can't get into a game, like, at all? You hear great things about it, but nothing is sucking you in. It's just not fun.
I like rain more than sun, truly. And those don't sound like bad temps. I like my winters a bit cooler, but that's probably because it's going to be in the 60's tomorrow. -_-

That situation is also known as "Chozon vs. the Resident Evil series". I've bought like...three of them. Never finished any of them. O_o

And Gears of War. While I enjoyed the campaign (if not the horrific violence) I don't think I played any of the online multiplayer, which I was sternly informed was the main reason to purchase the game.

And most grand strategy games, like Total War. I am totally hyped for the first few hours, then the hype burns off and I'm left with nothing.

Oh man. The Forza series too. I hear about those all the time, and I've never been able to get into them.

It's a frustrating experience, because...I know the game has to be good in some way. I feel like I'm missing something.
RedPlums wrote: Well, obviously it was a successful trip if you learned to break dance!

Which are more fun, rivers or lakes?
Rivers. Shallow ones. Of a high elevation, not directly connected to the sea (or at least not close to the estuary). I'm more than a little afraid of water (and its denizens), so I'm more comfortable in clear and shallow water than the black, murky abyss of most lakes. You know what those depths conceal? No. Because no one does. :O That's potentially hundreds of feet of watery blackness to conceal all manner of terrifying creatures. There are lakes in the northern regions that have freaking eels in them. To say nothing of Lampreys.

I mean, I once saw a fish swim beneath my boat in a lake that had the silhouette of a shark. O_o I realize it had to have been a catfish of some sort, but come on. That's just not safe to swim in.

Plus, I like cold, moving water. :D It soothes.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yeah, I feel you on Resident Evil. For me, it was mostly hearing the hype of Resident Evil 4, and then actually playing it and realizing I hate the controls something fierce. The first three Resident Evil games managed to make it kind of work because you had a better situational camera to counteract the controls, but using that AWFUL control scheme in combination with a chase cam just...eugh. Worst third-person game I've ever played, if I'm being honest.

Breath of the Wild has been that for me. It just does not click with me. I keep trying to see why people think this is a 10/10 game, but it's just..not clicking? Like, the game just feels so empty to me. There's no real sense of purpose to the world as far as I can see. Maybe that works for some people, but even if I liked the gameplay, the performance alone makes it not a 10/10 for me. The game has some serious performance drops when the weather acts up, or there's too much on screen. In terms of solid Switch versions of Nintendo franchises, Mario Odyssey is lightyears better than Breath of the Wild in my opinion. Mario is tightly refined, super stable, and overall has the Nintendo polish I've come to expect. Breath of the Wild feels more like a normal AAA game in terms of just-ok polish and the HORRIBLE voice acting, and frankly that's not what I've come to expect from Nintendo. I'm probably going to sell it because the game has just left me that disappointed.

Here's a song for you!

Thoughts?
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Interesting answer! I am content with it.

Would you ever hike up a volcano?
This is my signature
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Deepfreeze32 wrote:Breath of the Wild has been that for me. It just does not click with me. I keep trying to see why people think this is a 10/10 game, but it's just..not clicking? Like, the game just feels so empty to me. There's no real sense of purpose to the world as far as I can see. Maybe that works for some people, but even if I liked the gameplay, the performance alone makes it not a 10/10 for me. The game has some serious performance drops when the weather acts up, or there's too much on screen. In terms of solid Switch versions of Nintendo franchises, Mario Odyssey is lightyears better than Breath of the Wild in my opinion. Mario is tightly refined, super stable, and overall has the Nintendo polish I've come to expect. Breath of the Wild feels more like a normal AAA game in terms of just-ok polish and the HORRIBLE voice acting, and frankly that's not what I've come to expect from Nintendo. I'm probably going to sell it because the game has just left me that disappointed.

Here's a song for you!

Thoughts?
Aside from reviewers pooping themselves over its sheer glory, I've heard/feel like to the normal individual, BoTW is hit or miss. Ninty just went completely off the Zelda rails with it. I'm kind of afraid to play it, honestly. XD Since I'm not getting a Switch for awhile, I'm hoping by letting the Zelda hype die down I'll be able to enjoy it when I finally get my hands on it.

I'm sorry you're disappointed though.

The music was good. Melancholic without being emo. No complaints.
RedPlums wrote: Interesting answer! I am content with it.

Would you ever hike up a volcano?
Sure. ^_^ I enjoy a good hike, and am a fan of lava. :D It actually sounds like great fun, even if the lava is seen only from a distance. There's always obsidian.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I can definitely see the hit/miss thing, and I wish I had known more about it before getting into it.

So Monster Hunter World comes out today. You in?
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Pie?
This is my signature
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Deepfreeze32 wrote: I can definitely see the hit/miss thing, and I wish I had known more about it before getting into it.

So Monster Hunter World comes out today. You in?
Sadly no. -_- Due to a series of unfortunate events (and several birthdays) I am unsurprisingly singing my old 'lacking the fundage' song.

Is sad times, but not the worst. XD

You'll have to let me know if the glory holds up to the beta.
RedPlums wrote:Pie?
I'll pass, most days. Cake is 2005869845% better. Unless the pie is made with a graham cracker crust, and is more akin to a pudding.

But then...that's not really pie. It's a pie shaped custard-like dessert.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Frozen custard or gelato or ice cream?
This is my signature
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bummer, it's a ton of fun. XD

Buying clothes online?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
RedPlums wrote:Frozen custard or gelato or ice cream?
I don't know, actually. I've only ever had the frozen variants of each, not freshly made ones. I like them all...I'd kinda be tempted to say ice cream, just because if you get a really nice ice cream...it's the best thing you can ever eat. <3

Plus, you didn't mention Fro-Yo. I love me some fro-yo. <3
Deepfreeze32 wrote: Bummer, it's a ton of fun. XD

Buying clothes online?
Salt that wound, Deep. Salt that wound. :P

I'm fine with buying clothes on line. I prefer it actually. Mind, I don't really ever want my clothes to fit, so when I'm in doubt about the size, I just get a size larger. XD So the inherent risk of buying mis-sized clothing is almost removed in my case. Plus, the interwebs has a vast catalog of clothing that I can't even kind of get nearby. Certainly not for the price.

I mean...if I want a unicorn shirt, I have to go to like...one or two local stores, and hope they have them in Super-fatty size. Online, I can find like a hundred with only a modicum of effort. And that's not counting all the various gaming/nerd clothing.

The internet is the best thing to happen to clothes shopping since weaving machines were invented.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I guess my problem is I don't like overly-large clothing, so I'm pickier about sizing. XD

Incompetent management is the worst?