Undertale...?

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ZanySauce
Gamer
Gamer
I have been playing lots of Undertale as of late, but it seems that most people here not played it or even heard of it. Can someone please prove me wrong? :3
AKA ZanyAmoeba :mrgreen:

Ask Amoeba is now officially defunct. Sorry :(

Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 NLT
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Are you human?: Yes!
*Raises hand*
I have played it, and got the best ending. (Which also involved getting one of the normal endings since I was doing it all on my first go. XD )
Ccgr also played it for the review, though other than her, I am not sure who else has played it.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Seeker
Noob
Noob
I didn't finish it. I just wasn't getting into it. Maybe I should give it another shot.

It keeps coming up for me via its music. Whenever I hear a new catchy video game song on Spotify now, I assume it's some variation of an Undertale song. I'm not often wrong.
Jaredk105
I have not played it, but I listened to some of the ost last night and the game has good music. I think I will learn to play some of the songs on my keyboard. Have any favorites? I believe this will be the the first time I learn songs from a game I have not played.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
My favorite five would have to be...
-Bergentrückung + ASGORE
-Spider Dance
-Undertale
-Fallen Down (Reprise)
-Hope and Dreams + SAVE the World

Jaredk105
JOJ650s wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:50 am My favorite five would have to be...
-Bergentrückung + ASGORE
-Spider Dance
-Undertale
-Fallen Down (Reprise)
Thank you for the suggestions! Looks like I'll be doing Fallen Down (Reprise). I was already pretty sure I wanted to do Fallen Down, but I must have overlooked the reprise, which is longer. I can't wait to start learning it. :D
Jaredk105
Jaredk105 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:13 am
JOJ650s wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:50 am My favorite five would have to be...
-Bergentrückung + ASGORE
-Spider Dance
-Undertale
-Fallen Down (Reprise)
Thank you for the suggestions! Looks like I'll be doing Fallen Down (Reprise). I was already pretty sure I wanted to do Fallen Down, but I must have overlooked the reprise, which is longer. I can't wait to start learning it. :D
I thought I would give an update on this for anyone who is interested. I have been extremely excited to start learning this song, and I finally began this evening. I may have bitten off more than I can chew, but I must learn this song. I fired up my keyboard, and immediately noticed that either the song is horribly out of key, or my keyboard is. I had to re-tune my keyboard to accommodate this. Other than that, there are the usual concerns whenever I learn new songs: some notes are too far apart to be played with only two hands, some notes are difficult to hear, and some things are simply difficult to play. Whatever the case, I will do the best I can.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Ah yeah far notes are still something I am getting used to with some songs I am learning.
Odd that it's sounding out of tune; Do you have sheet music or are you going by ear?

Jaredk105
JOJ650s wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:57 pm Ah yeah far notes are still something I am getting used to with some songs I am learning.
Odd that it's sounding out of tune; Do you have sheet music or are you going by ear?
I like to learn songs by ear. I listened to a couple other songs and they are in tune, so the song itself must be out of tune. Do you play the piano or keyboard as well? If so, what songs have you learned, and how do you learn them?
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Jaredk105 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:54 am I like to learn songs by ear. I listened to a couple other songs and they are in tune, so the song itself must be out of tune. Do you play the piano or keyboard as well? If so, what songs have you learned, and how do you learn them?
Wow, now I see what you mean about the tuning, that's very interesting.
Yup, I play the piano, though I certainly still have a lot to learn. I still can't really play well with both hands at once. (I should really focus on that...) I have learned at least the main melody of a few songs from games like Legend of Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Kirby, Professor Layton, some animations, etc. I actually haven't gotten to Undertale songs yet surprisingly. :o

When learning songs I normally look for good sheet music first,
though there are plenty of songs that haven't been transcribed yet,
so with those I try to learn them by ear. (which is something I really should practice more.)

Jaredk105
JOJ650s wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:44 am
Jaredk105 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:54 am I like to learn songs by ear. I listened to a couple other songs and they are in tune, so the song itself must be out of tune. Do you play the piano or keyboard as well? If so, what songs have you learned, and how do you learn them?
Wow, now I see what you mean about the tuning, that's very interesting.
Yup, I play the piano, though I certainly still have a lot to learn. I still can't really play well with both hands at once. (I should really focus on that...) I have learned at least the main melody of a few songs from games like Legend of Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Kirby, Professor Layton, some animations, etc. I actually haven't gotten to Undertale songs yet surprisingly. :o

When learning songs I normally look for good sheet music first,
though there are plenty of songs that haven't been transcribed yet,
so with those I try to learn them by ear. (which is something I really should practice more.)
Playing with both hands is definitely tricky, especially when learning new songs. I can usually get it if I practice daily though.

I have learned songs such as the Underwater Theme from Super Mario Bros. 3, Gumball Crash from Rad Racer 2, a couple songs from Dragon Warrior, a couple songs from Blaster Master, etc. I also have a lot of unfinished songs.
davo_ray
Noob
Noob
I've played it. And I love the Metal Crusher song so much, I made this remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cH3EYiKkyc
Rachel1701
Noob
Noob
I love Undertale! Flowey totally tricked me! Ha ha. I didn't know cute flowers could be blood thristy and evil.