I need help! Doubts?

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
MonkeyDluffy
Noob
Noob
Recently I have been doubting God and my relationship with him how can I overcome doubts I want to keep right my relationship with God?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
MonkeyDluffy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:51 pm Recently I have been doubting God and my relationship with him how can I overcome doubts I want to keep right my relationship with God?
It's normal to feel doubts once in a while. Otherwise, faith wouldn't really mean much.

My suggestion to you is to try and stay focused on things that will reinforce your faith, and avoid things that damage it. Scripture study, prayer, and being with people of faith (whether they know of your doubts or not) are all good ways to start.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Ask fellow believers questions that are troubling you. Talk to your pastor. Talk to us, we're here to help!
J.K. Riki
I think everyone has doubts, but sometimes they can be overwhelming, so I'm sorry if you're feeling that level of doubt. I myself spent some time as an Atheist because my doubts were so overwhelming, and it was a terrible dark time in my life. I wish I had a magic cure for you, but honestly one single thing didn't pull me out of it. Talking with many people, being open to truth, and reading a lot is what helped me in that extreme-doubt time.

One thing someone said to me once (though it doesn't help a ton DURING the doubt) is that it's actually great when you experience such things, because it means you're leaving behind the smallness of what you once thought you knew about God (or what someone else told you) and now it's time to have a personal relationship with Him that you'd never get any other way. He is so much bigger and grander than the tiny box we sometimes put Him in, and doubt is a way to break the walls of that box! I see the truth in that now, but again, it doesn't really help the heartache that comes with doubt WHILE you're going through it.

Just remember He is bigger than your doubts. Truth always rises to the top, so never fear seeking truth. If God is truly God, He will be there waiting for you (and I've found that's exactly the case!).
Aross
Noob
Noob
Its kind of interesting that I came across this post as my wife and I were speaking of this earlier this morning.
We came to a conclusion after some prayer to the matter.
If courage is not the absence of fear but acting even though there is fear...
then...
Faith is not the absence of doubt but acting on His commands even though there is doubt.

Let me know if this resonates with anyone.
Reverend Michael
Noob
Noob
Having doubts is normal in life. When the Lord is talking to the Apostle Thomas, He did not say that Thomas was unworthy of being a disciple. Instead, the Lord wanted Thomas to believe in the resurrection. A lot of time, doubt is associated with the resurrection. There are many people in the world who believe that Jesus lived, and died. But the resurrection is the key. When the Gospel is preached, both Jesus' death and His raising from the dead are preached. The Apostle Paul testifies to this in the book of Acts. And in the Letter to the Hebrews, Christ's sacrifice on the cross and the significance of it are explained in greater detail.

The New Testament was written so that the world would believe that Jesus truly is the Son of God.

Remember that doubts do not have to be your enemy. God works through your doubts to bring you closer to Him. If you struggle with prayer in your life, talk to God about that, and allow yourself to be healed. Christians sometimes walk away from God when things get tough, instead of walking to Him.
DandiestBerry68
Noob
Noob
The girl in my life's been huge to my faith life. She doesn't seem to question at all, I think because it's such a central part of her life and family. I would find at least someone like this in your life until you can be that person for others.

I need to go to weekly church to maintain my faith.

Reading scripture, meditating and trying to talk to God helps. Figuring out how God speaks to you using your mind.

Pray, have others pray for you.

I have ups and downs by the month, not with doubt but just acknowledging and acting like a good Christian.

That's all I've got, maybe nothing original but its what helps me.
Blessings
-B