Go ask the lizard-guy something....

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
ZanySauce
Gamer
Gamer
Salad without vegetables?
AKA ZanyAmoeba :mrgreen:

Ask Amoeba is now officially defunct. Sorry :(

Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 NLT
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
ZanySauce wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:48 am Salad without vegetables?
Wouldn't that simply be, at most, a small collection of bacon bits, chicken chunks, diced eggs and/or croutons?

Not sure what the point would be, actually....
ZanySauce
Gamer
Gamer
Have you ever played Kahoot? (you probably haven't. Today I just won twice in a row in my US government class and I feel exhilarated!)
AKA ZanyAmoeba :mrgreen:

Ask Amoeba is now officially defunct. Sorry :(

Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 NLT
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Sstavix wrote:Now see, that's a different scenario.
I'm not sure it is, really.

Panna Cotta is basically jell-o made with cream and flavored with vanilla. Sorta like weirdly textured ice cream.

Arguing the english language with foreign people?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ZanySauce wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:39 pm Have you ever played Kahoot? (you probably haven't. Today I just won twice in a row in my US government class and I feel exhilarated!)
I've never even heard of it. And that in itself can be a feat. How do you play it?
Chozon1 wrote:
Arguing the english language with foreign people?

If you mean trying to argue about some nuance with the rules, I can see how that can be confusing and frustrating. It seems like, for every rule the English language has, there is at least one exception. It's little wonder to me as to why it is considered a four-star language.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
And yet we tend to be very proud of it.

Walmart Layaway?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:21 am Walmart Layaway?
I've never used it, and I'm not sure what the point would be.... Maybe if you could take the item home and use it while you're paying for it. But instead you have them lock it up and you pay for it a bit at a time, and then you get it when you've paid for it completely. Why not save the money - in an interest-bearing account, if possible - and then purchase the item outright?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
The most likely answer is because the store may not have it in stock by the time you save up the money; especially for holiday rush items like video games or consoles or toys. Even computers; stores change the models and prices they have on the shelf relatively frequently. Plus, you don't have to worry about finding Timmy's talking Elmo that just became so popular in December; you put it in layaway already back in October.

Walmart will also lower an items price if the item drops price in store over the duration; I am reasonably sure they even do this with black Friday sales. So if you happen to choose a TV to put in Layaway in October for $300, and over BF it drops to $200, you only pay $200 for it. Without the lines and half-dying. :D

Basically, any time you don't have money for an item currently, but want to make sure you get it when you do. I love the system. <3

So, did you get your compy fixed? ^_^
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Sadly, no. I have a friend looking at it, and he says that it is either the power supply or the motherboard that was damaged. Given that Apple likely soldiered the two together, that pretty much scraps it. :( Fortunately, it sounds as if the hard drive may still be in decent shape, so at least I will still have all my data. (I know I backed up a bunch of it a few months ago, but I am hoping anything more recent - including a couple reviews I was working on - can still be salvaged).
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Hazards of a laptop, I think. If it's any comfort I am pretty sure that even a Windows lappy would have the power supply attached to the board. I'm sorry though.

Thor: Ragnarok?
evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Favorite webcomics?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:36 am Thor: Ragnarok?
All I've seen of it so far has been the movie poster. Amusingly enough, whenever I see the title of the movie, R.E.M.'s "It's the End of the World As We Know It" pops into my head. :lol:
evered wrote:Favorite webcomics?
If I had my old laptop, I could provide links. :( But a Google search can help you, if you're so inclined.

Most of my favorite Web comics are gamer related. The GamerCat is a great one for a laugh, but I also enjoy the Order of the Stick and Rusty and Co. I also read one called Goblins, but be warned that that one can be extremely gruesome. One comic that I loved but has sadly ended was Brawl in the Family. PvP is a classic as well, but some of the language can be a bit risque. There may be others, but without my laptop I won't be able to look them up. Those are the main ones I remember, though.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'm not sure how to feel about it. It looks like they took it from the modern marvel universe, and the least Marvel movies I saw I hated. If it weren't for Doc Strange, I probably would just not even care. But because of that I do, and so my interests is piqued.

Ween parties?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:54 am
Ween parties?
I have never been terribly fond of Halloween. It's always seemed like a glorification of evil to me, possibly due to the gruesome costumes and horror movies that come out around that time. Needless to say, I'm not fond of Halloween parties, haunted houses, or anything like that.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
That's the grody side of Halloween which needs to die in a fire. There's a fun side, about dressing up, and eating candy, and the monsters always being defeated. That's the good stuff. <3

Wasps to the face?