Go ask the lizard-guy something....

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Magical powers? Uh, I dunno...

Throwing pies at clowns?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
I would think you would need to throw something harder or deadlier to make them go away.
evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Wow okay. Yeah clowns can be bad...

Throwing butter out the window?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
evered wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:23 pm Wow okay. Yeah clowns can be bad...

Throwing butter out the window?
Hmm... at clowns standing outside the window? I suppose that could work....

But if you're referring to Princess Buttercup, my kittycat we rescued from the side of the road (who we sometimes refer to as "Butter,") then no. She doesn't like being outside.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Sstavix wrote: Interesting choice of materials. If this is for some sort of cosplay, then go for it!

If you're looking to make actual armor out of used 2-liter bottles, I recommend finding a more durable material. Like Kevlar.
Not if the weapons being used against me are soda. It's so harsh for the teeth, it's arguably a chemical weapon.

But...my plans are for 'Ween 17. I'ma go for like a wastelander/scrap junkie warrior. Need to get started. Lot's of spray paint, lot's of foam...lots and lots of cutting plastic. Not looking forward to that.
Sstavix wrote: Eww! You shouldn't eat moldy Jell-O!

But I have a feeling that you're referring to shapes that you can put Jell-O in to shape it. I came across a recipe last night that used Spaghetti-Os and unflavored gelatin to make a ring, then served with Vienna sausages in the middle. I wasn't sure if I should be disgusted or amazed....
I am very, very afraid. O_o

Scandinavian food?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:15 am Scandinavian food?
I expressed my fondness for the Swedish Chef earlier in the thread. ;)

That being said, I do have to hesitate about the same region that brought us lutefisk....
Starfire11
If a trees falls down in the forest, and nobody hears it, does it make a sound?

Have fun with that one :lol:
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Starfire11 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:08 pm If a trees falls down in the forest, and nobody hears it, does it make a sound?

Easy. I already have an answer for that one. ;)

When a tree falls in the forest, it displaces air molecules that vibrate at a particular frequency. Typically, when these vibrating air molecules strike a creature, their ears are designed to translate those vibrations into "sound."

So it all depends upon what your definition of "sound" is. Is it in the act of vibrating the air molecules? Or does sound not actually exist until it is translated by a creature's auditory system? Frankly, I would lean towards the latter, which means no, it does not make a sound. Unless something is present to translate the vibrations into "sound," then sound does not exist.
Starfire11
Sstavix wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:17 pm
Starfire11 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:08 pm If a trees falls down in the forest, and nobody hears it, does it make a sound?

Easy. I already have an answer for that one. ;)

When a tree falls in the forest, it displaces air molecules that vibrate at a particular frequency. Typically, when these vibrating air molecules strike a creature, their ears are designed to translate those vibrations into "sound."

So it all depends upon what your definition of "sound" is. Is it in the act of vibrating the air molecules? Or does sound not actually exist until it is translated by a creature's auditory system? Frankly, I would lean towards the latter, which means no, it does not make a sound. Unless something is present to translate the vibrations into "sound," then sound does not exist.
:shock: Your training is complete.

I knew it was a matter of what your definition of sound is, but not the whole science part! *slow clap*.

This is fun! Here's another:

If everything is possible (let's assume it is for this moment), then is it possible for something to be impossible?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Starfire11 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:59 pm
:shock: Your training is complete.
I didn't even know I was training for something! No wonder I feel so tired....
Starfire11 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:59 pm
If everything is possible (let's assume it is for this moment), then is it possible for something to be impossible?
The way you have that sentence worded would call for speculation. But because we're having fun, let's take out your parenthetical remark and look at logical fallacies!

Because hey, let's admit it - those are fun because when you try to validate "truth" statements, anything can become possible!

Let's look at the first part of your if/then statement. "If everything is possible...." We already know that this statement in itself is false, because you and I can likely think of many impossible things. If you need an example, here's one - a hummingbird will lay an ostrich egg and live.

All right, once we're done feeling sorry for our poor hummingbird (ouch), we can take a look at the "then" portion of the statement. "then is it possible for something to be impossible?" We can't determine the veracity of this statement in any conclusive fashion because the "if" portion of the statement is false. So as far as we can tell, if everything is possible, then the "then" portion of the statement could indeed be true. Therefore, the statement is true. "If everything is possible, then it is possible for something to be impossible!"

Note that, on the basis of logic, this statement is true. That does not mean that the statement is correct. Those are two different things entirely. ;)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
You know, it took me decades to figure out that the whole tree/forest question was actually philosophical waffling about existentialism and stuff. Until that point, I assumed it was just an example of a stupid question. XD It is...but still.

We are more likely to resort to force when we have already assumed that force will be needed?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:49 am You know, it took me decades to figure out that the whole tree/forest question was actually philosophical waffling about existentialism and stuff.
And here I answer it with SCIENCE! :lol:
Chozon1 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:49 am We are more likely to resort to force when we have already assumed that force will be needed?
May the Force be with you... always. ;)

Actually, if we're talking about "peace" negotiations, sometimes the only language one party will speak is force. The only way to get one side to sit down at the table - or at lease crawl back under their rocks - is to demonstrate enough force to prove that you can easily defeat them without batting an eye. It's why I approved Trump's bombing of ISIS in Afghanistan a few months ago. Not too many terrorists were killed in that explosion, but it destroyed a cave complex and sent a clear message - after eight years of Obama, there's a new sheriff in town, and the U.S. is going to stop messing around. ISIS hasn't done too much since that time, and nothing on U.S. soil....
Starfire11
Ok, IronBit came up with:

The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

Does this really have an answer/conclusion?

Enjoy! :)

Here's what I think
Spoiler:
Once you sort through it all, the first and second sentences are false.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I remain...hesitant. The thing is, when you assume will be needed, violence will always be an option. And when it becomes the easiest option, it will become the go to. And I wonder how it would be if violence was shelved completely.

IE: When I am fixing a car, and there's a sticky bolt, I assume I'm going to have to break it eventually. So in lieu of WD-40, heat/cold, whatevs, I may just go ahead and break it. Even if it's going to cause problems later.

Panna Cotta?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Starfire11 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:22 pm Ok, IronBit came up with:

The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

Does this really have an answer/conclusion?
Depends on whether or not the computer blows up. ;)

I'm also interested in how you draw your conclusion.
Chozon1 wrote: I remain...hesitant. The thing is, when you assume will be needed, violence will always be an option. And when it becomes the easiest option, it will become the go to. And I wonder how it would be if violence was shelved completely.

IE: When I am fixing a car, and there's a sticky bolt, I assume I'm going to have to break it eventually. So in lieu of WD-40, heat/cold, whatevs, I may just go ahead and break it. Even if it's going to cause problems later.
Now see, that's a different scenario. In this case, violence will cause more problems down the road. It may be the easiest solution, but it isn't the best solution, when other solutions are available. Usually violence should be the last option on the table, when all other options have been exhausted. It's just a matter of patience and persistence.
Chozon1 wrote: Panna Cotta?
I had to look this one up - I thought it would be related to terra cotta somehow! :lol: I can't say that I've ever tried this, but if it's anything like flan, I may not be impressed.