My Father

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Hey guys, I know I don't use this sub-forum very much, but I thought I should make a post just the same.

Around Thanksgiving, my dad wasn't feeling so great. We all just assumed it was something like a food allergy, or some sort of seasonal illness, or even work-related stress.

Well, last Tuesday (the 29th), he went in for a CT scan, and some anomalous growths were seen in his kidneys. The doctors believed it to be cancer. This Tuesday, he went in form some tests, and the doctors are fairly certain it is some form of Kidney cancer, but need to perform a biopsy to figure out how to treat it. The biopsy is scheduled for next Tuesday (What is it with Tuesdays? lol). The results of the biopsy will either mean near-immediate surgery, or chemotherapy and then surgery.

So yeah, any prayers you can send up would be appreciated. I'm still not sure how to process all of this...
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Hang in there, bro. We're with you.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Will be praying for you!
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
praying, please keep us updated
WisteriaWillows
Noob
Noob
Dear Deep,

I have personally known two people with kidney cancer. The first is my father. One tumor, about the size of a golf ball. My parents researched it on their own and due to a generalized decrease in kidney function, they did not want for him to lose the whole kidney. The fourth consult finally agreed to remove only the tumor, and not the whole kidney. It went well, but the doctor did not get clean margins. (The goal is to take a little healthy tissue all the way around so you know that the whole tumor was taken out.)

Years later, Daddy had symptoms again. Those little bits that were left had grown and this time they really could NOT do surgery. So an out of town doctor ... VERY specialized ... came in and used a long needle and an ultrasound or CT or something to see what he was doing. He injected radioactive poison into the center of the tumor and then they waited to see if it worked. The poison ate out the tumor and Daddy got well.

A couple of years later, they had to do it again. Daddy got well again.

Now, my father is 83. I am under the impression that he is no longer a candidate for that sort of intervention. But ... the tumor is not such a threat anymore.

Bottom Line: It doesn't have to be perfect to have a happy ending.

The other person with kidney cancer had that kidney removed and he got well. Big surgery, great result. He's about 50 now, and doing great!

But this was supposed to be about YOU and YOUR DAD, not people I know. So, you, Deep, pray. Pray with your heart and then trust God to have a plan that is for the best. Maybe there's someone who needs this threat in order to fully submit to God. Maybe seeing your family genuinely trust God in a bad situation will bring them to Christ. Maybe God is allowing this to happen so He can miraculously heal your father, and then be praised for it.
Know that God has this in hand, and the scary parts are not the important parts.

I will be praying for you and your family.

Wist
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I appreciate you all. Especially the hopeful words, Wist.

I have a slight update.

Biopsy yesterday happened, now we have to wait 3-5 business days for results. However just now, my dad had to go to the ER because of a higher-than-should-happen fever. No word as of right now, will try to update when I learn more (however there is a snowstorm brewing where I work, meaning that the next few hours are going to be chaos). I imagine this is just an infection and can be treated with antibiotics, but we shall see...
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Update: He his spending the night at the hospital, the doctors aren't entirely sure what's wrong with him. Snowstorm also proved to be just as bad as I had feared, but I did make it home.

Continued prayers would be awesome.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Will do!
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Glad you're safe. Praying for your family.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sorry for not giving an update, it's been a hectic week with traveling and seeing friends and all.

The biopsy results came back. It's kidney cancer. They're going to perform surgery on January 3rd, to remove one of his kidneys and some lymph nodes. Then we just have to play the waiting game and see what happens...
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sorry to hear that. I'll continue to keep your family in my prayers.
TheMightyMcGrew
Noob
Noob
Sending prayers buddy[emoji22]

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
It would be better to stand against the world as it is judged by God, than to stand with the world who is trying to judge God. - Unknown
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
An update!

He underwent surgery yesterday morning. They removed one of his kidneys and some lymph nodes. No complications from the surgery so far, and now he just has to rest for several weeks. He won't be discharged from the hospital until this weekend (I think), but he's apparently feeling better already. Thanks for the prayers so far, and keep him in your prayers as we don't really know what will happen from here on out.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Thanks for the update. Will continue to keep your family in my prayers.
Woiv
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Not likely
I'll continuously keep praying for you, cancer is never easy :oops:.

God Bless,
Cole
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

o CCGR forum moderator.