Differences in my Family & Myself

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
99cooking
Noob
Noob
I became a Christian about a little over a year ago.
I grew up in a gospel environment, yes, but (with all due respect) sometimes when you're born into something, it doesn't appeal to you as personally as it would if you had discovered it on your own. Due to this, I spent most of life questioning God rather than accepting Him, only believing either because I was told to or because it was the norm in my surrounding.

In August of 2013, I was joining the military & was away from home in Missouri. At that moment, I decided that since I'd be starting a new life on my own, I may as well find Christ for my own, ON my own. To make a long story short, I found a new Church, one that wasn't the church that I was born into, & ended up joining it in early 2015 (after abandoning Christ "for good" in 2014, on account that it was a terrible year for me since my military attempt didn't work out). On top of that, there are some of my closest family members that I haven't even told about my decision (all this time).
I get the feeling that some of my family members are either not convinced that this new Church of mine is beneficial to me or that it in itself is beneficial in the first place -- some of them, I even feel, do not like it nor my decision. To make matters worse, I still feel like the same Me. Granted, I can feel my faith more consistent than ever before, but I still feel like the same person w/ the same issues, the same flaws & the same self-esteem.

I'm shortening what would be a 4-hour, 2-page conversation. I guess that my prayer request would be to pray for me to learn what I need to do to change myself, while also learning how my changing could positively influence my family & their view on my decision.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Praying for peace and acceptance, please keep us updated!
WisteriaWillows
Noob
Noob
Pray ...

Pray the 'closet' prayer that is protected time with God. Write down your prayers with dates.

Pray without ceasing. All the time, be talking to God.

Then, get into a GOOD Bible study. Not just a video thing at church, but something with homework. Something that requires something from you. Know ... KNOW what is in the Bible. There are a few Bible studies out there, but my favorite is Bible Study Fellowship.
bsfinternational.org
Hover over "Classes" and click on the bottom button "Find a Class". There are classes all over the world.

These things have made a HUGE difference in my spiritual maturity.
I'm praying for you.

Wist :)