Starting a Youtube Gaming Channel.

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ImperialR
Ugh, this concept...

I have struggled at times with this. Since before I even started watching stuff like PBG, Game Theory...I wanted to be a youtube gamer.

Spent time thinking of names.

...Then thinking of ones that weren't taken.

And making sure they weren't.

Not even sure if the one I picked still is.

Even wrote my first script, but I have had an issue, I can't...Lie or say something that isn't true about anything without it being a problem with me, I can't make fun of stuff, for the same reason, and also just because of a meanness factor (even when I said something about Soloman Grundy's accent, I prayed for forgiveness for saying that) So it seems like a logistical improbability to do this channel, because of how much I've seen others joke and make fun of stuff and people in games...And I don't want to.

I'm not even asking for advice here. Just so you know.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Just be yourself
ImperialR
Well...I...May try, and see if I can do something, I have a script written for a video, I could do stuff like about Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, a certain olf Genesis/SNES game (zombies ate my neighbors)...
centaurianmudpig
Noob
Noob
Yes, be yourself. Don't try to conform to the world.

Then post frequently and don't worry about quality. I spent a lot of time on quality and had very little views that it really didn't matter. Get your fan base in then you can work on improving the quality over time.

Also, don't overthink it :)
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Good advice. I could use that.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Woiv
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Not likely
Hi,

I honestly like it when you are unique, you don't have to set the worlds standards. Just do what your going to do, and you'll be fine.

Thanks,
Woiv
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

o CCGR forum moderator.
FamilyFriendlyGaming
I am going to give my opinion and you can take it for what it is worth.

Script? We have never once used a script at FFG. We talk about issues we find important. In the beginning we practiced in front of the camera a lot. Had notes on things we wanted to say. Never a script though. It is the best way to be yourself. Some of the best comedy comes from real reactions, not scripted responses. Every single issue we have talked about in the FFG Chronicles series (36 videos and counting) are things we routinely discuss with one another. We know what we want to focus on because we are familiar and comfortable with the issue, process, etc. You need to get comfortable doing it. That takes practice.

There are so many different kinds of videos out there. You can sit or stand in front of a camera. Are you using a background? green screen? camera on a computer? Camera and tri-pod? Are you doing video capture with or without commentary? Unboxing videos? Are you doing it by yourself? Do you have video conversion software?

Be real, and genuine. That goes a long way. If you make a mistake admit it. Show you are human. Too many out there have carefully crafted images and try to look perfect. Be yourself, explain why you do certain things, and don't do others.
REcurve64
Noob
Noob
hi i am just about to start a youtube Chanel I'm going to do video commentaries. but im wondering if i should or shouldn't show my face on it? Any suggestions
ImperialR
REcurve64 wrote:hi i am just about to start a youtube Chanel I'm going to do video commentaries. but im wondering if i should or shouldn't show my face on it? Any suggestions

Start I think without showing your face. If you build a fan base then maybe you can when you feel comfortable with it.
REcurve64
Noob
Noob
ok. also im using audacity as my audio recording software. Do you have any suggestions on what video recording software i should use?
ImperialR
REcurve64 wrote:ok. also im using audacity as my audio recording software. Do you have any suggestions on what video recording software i should use?
Audacity is pretty nice, in my experience.

Depends, Ice Cream Screen capture can be gotten free for PC, a quick google search can find some nice free ones, but usually they have strings attached or limitations due to the lack of a price-tag.
Wookie_Girl
Noob
Noob
I would love any tips any one could give me. I'm new to this site so if people could help me I would be thankful. I have a microphone and want to get recording :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
skeer
Anyone ever use Open Broadcasting Software? I've used it on a few rare occasions, but I don't know if it would help people who want to get on YouTube.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Some software I would recommend are Gameshow (good for both streaming and recording), Wondershare Filmora (simple, intuitive editing software), and Adobe Premiere Pro. OBS is good (I mean, come on- it's free). But it's kinda lame in comparison. HOWEVER!!!!! It is useful for YouTubers. So if you wanna stream or record with it, then by all means do so.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Wookie_Girl
Noob
Noob
Cool :D