Assitance Request on Background Images

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
FamilyFriendlyGaming
I need your help. I need your assistance. I need your ideas.

We have been trying a variety of different background images for the reviews section of the Family Friendly Gaming e-magazine. Nothing we have tried yet is a good fit. So I thought I would come to the Christ Centered Gamer community for ideas on what we could use as a background images on our review pages in the e-magazine. What do you think would make a good background for what the pics and words will be on top of?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
here are some I've used on recent power point presentations: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/199 ... rpoint.zip

hope they help
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. :o
Personally, I prefer text to be on a column box that's over the background image, with the column color/s complementing the current background image. The column box could also look sharp if slightly transparent, but it depends on the background image. Even a column with a light pattern could look nice, but only as long as the text is nice and clear.

I could see if I can look up some examples if you want.
(The CCGR forum theme is a pretty good example of solid columns that complement the back ground.)
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
FamilyFriendlyGaming
Thanks. :)

Tried a graph paper background and that did not look good. Moved to a purple gradient that moves toward almost white. Will check out what ya'll have there. :) Always looking to upgrade.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
I made some examples of the solid columns (or row) box layout I was talking about.
This doesn't really help with the search for background images, but it can make a lot of backgrounds look a lot cleaner.

These example images would be around the span of two pages side by side. (well, before I slightly resized them in order to display them here.)
Also keep in mind I didn't really take the time to perfectly align everything, just wanted to make a basic example.
Spoiler:
Column style, with background image.

Box is a row with the small images and text aligned by columns, with background image.

Column style with pattern background.

Box is a row with the images and text aligned by columns, with patterned background.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
FamilyFriendlyGaming
Very cool. Like it, thanks. :)