Are There Any Conservative Christians Our There?

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Incognitus
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
Sstavix wrote:
Incognitus wrote: I don't think that women should preach in the church though, but be in silence and subjection to their husband. They are a little lower than their husband because they are a "weaker vessel" (no offense ladies :) ). That's what the Bible says the head of man is Christ, and His head is the Father. The head of woman is man.
As you can probably predict, I'd have to respectfully disagree with this assessment. :lol: So by your standards, I'm probably not a "conservative Christian."

One last question on this topic, though - is your conclusion based solely on your readings and interpretation of the scriptures? Or have you prayed about this, and are reassured through the Holy Spirit that this is how things are supposed to be?
Doesn't mean that you're not more conservative. You seem to have other conservative aspects about you.

My conclusion is based upon the Scriptures I've quoted. It shouldn't be based upon our feelings, but the plain word of God, and it's readings / teachings.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Incognitus wrote: My conclusion is based upon the Scriptures I've quoted. It shouldn't be based upon our feelings, but the plain word of God, and it's readings / teachings.
The fact that there are literally hundreds, perhaps thousands of separate Christian denominations, all with slightly varied interpretations of Scripture, belies that statement, brother.

Everybody believes that their own interpretation of Scripture is the correct one... but they can't all be correct, can they? Only through the testimony and promptings of the Holy Spirit can we be sure, like Sstavix said.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Woiv
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Not likely
Sstavix wrote:
Incognitus wrote: I don't think that women should preach in the church though, but be in silence and subjection to their husband. They are a little lower than their husband because they are a "weaker vessel" (no offense ladies :) ). That's what the Bible says the head of man is Christ, and His head is the Father. The head of woman is man.
As you can probably predict, I'd have to respectfully disagree with this assessment. :lol: So by your standards, I'm probably not a "conservative Christian."

One last question on this topic, though - is your conclusion based solely on your readings and interpretation of the scriptures? Or have you prayed about this, and are reassured through the Holy Spirit that this is how things are supposed to be?
I'd have to go along with Sstavix on this one. First of all, the bible does say the man is the head of the house, but....... in my opinion theres ways you can bend it to emphasize the view it holds. My only solution is to close read scripture, and take the content that Is directly from the bible and quote it into your opinion. Although there are many versions of the Bible, I'd recommend the ESV version.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

o CCGR forum moderator.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Woiv wrote: My only solution is to close read scripture, and take the content that Is directly from the bible and quote it into your opinion.
This is good advice. Verses should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be interpreted in isolation. Context is everything, and cross referencing is critical.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Incognitus wrote:
Doesn't mean that you're not more conservative. You seem to have other conservative aspects about you.
I'll take that as a compliment. :)
Incognitus wrote: My conclusion is based upon the Scriptures I've quoted. It shouldn't be based upon our feelings, but the plain word of God, and it's readings / teachings.
I'm going to have to raise a red flag on that one. The Holy Spirit often prompts us through feelings and emotions. Ignoring such direct testimony from a divine source is like trying to walk a straight line without using your eyes. Yes, it can be done, but it's a lot harder.
ArcticFox wrote:
Woiv wrote: My only solution is to close read scripture, and take the content that Is directly from the bible and quote it into your opinion.
This is good advice. Verses should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be interpreted in isolation. Context is everything, and cross referencing is critical.
Indeed. Unless you have the resources and skills to read the scriptures in their original language, keep in mind that you are reading other people's translations and other people's interpretations of the scriptures. (One good example is the Sixth Commandment, "Thou Shalt Not Kill." Although some interpret this to mean that vegetarianism is the Godly way to go, reading the Hebrew text reveals that "Thou Shalt Not Commit Murder" is a more accurate translation of that passage.)

And again, I'll emphasize that the best cross-reference is the source of all this Himself - God. Don't discount the power of prayer, and the promptings you receive. As long as you remain humble and open to the messages He has for you, you might be pleasantly surprised with where He leads you.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
I've been thinking about this thread and one thing occurs to me... Why should people covet the title of "Conservative Christian?" What difference does it make what label other people put on it? All that matters is how well we're following the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you equate adherence to His Gospel to be "conservative" then you automatically fall into the trap of vanity by assigning it to some and denying it to others... None of us are the gatekeeper who get to judge who's doing it right and who isn't.

Not long ago I wrote a post about how to apply "by their fruits shall ye know them" and it has nothing to do with being 'conservative' or 'liberal' as it applies to Christianity.

If you only want to fellowship with other Christians who are 100% in lockstep with your own approach then you're asking to be in an echo chamber, and that leads to vanity and Pharisaical thinking. That's where cults come from.

So, my brothers, keep your labels. The only label I'm interested in is "Christian*" and how well that applies to me is up to Jesus Christ alone to decide.

*Ok, so technically that label is already on me, as it's my first name :mrgreen: But you know what I mean.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Gamer4Christ
Noob
Noob
I am a conservative Christian who believes that the entire Bible is the Truth. As such, I also oppose gay marriage, abortion, evolutionary theory, Big Bang theory, Million year theory, and all things God's Word revealed as false or wrong. It's not a matter of loving or hating others. It's about calling sinful acts and lies for what they are and not condoning it. I strive to live the life that pleases Him. Sure, I don't always get it right. No one does, but I know He has enough grace and patience for me when I mess up, and His Holy Spirit gives me the strength and ability to follow in His footsteps the way He wants me to. He in His Word said so, and so it is. The Bible is the unmovable rock on which I stand. :)
Woiv
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Not likely
I'm one! :wink:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

o CCGR forum moderator.
Hcube7
Incognitus wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:31 pm I'm making this thread to look for people possibly of a like-faith, not to debate. I am a conservative Christian that opposes things like gay marriage, tattoos, vaccines and liberalism. If you're out there, please post here so we can fellowship together. :)
ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELLO FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!