A small, leather-bound journal (Minecraft fiction)

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
ZappierVirus wrote:I was starting to think that you had stopped doing these!

Anyway, keep up the good work!
(( I actually have 8 more after this one, too. I've just been forgetting to post them. :lol: ))
JesusIsLord713 wrote:Great work! I have a feeling I'm gonna be mentioned in the next one. :)
((You're coming up, don't worry! :lol: ))
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Day 21:

I baked my first bread from wheat that I have grown! I had collected some seeds as I traveled to Lizard Cove, and planted them above my hut. It took a while, but I now have some wheat. Some, not much. I’ll have to experiment and figure out a better way to grow wheat, and possibly other crops. I’m wondering if I should cultivate some of the land next to the river. I think the plants will grow quicker if they are next to water.

I’ve worked on some of the pathways to where I want to place the viewing platform. I’ve also dug a latrine, and placed a sign in case any visitors need to use the facilities. It’s primitive, to be certain, but better than using the ground, or even worse, my garden. Ugh.

For the walkway, I’ve been making columns of andesite, topped by torches. I’ve heard that the extra light will help keep monsters at bay, especially at night. The walkway itself is made of cobblestone, but I’m not fond of the look, nor the oak stairs that I’ve crafted. I think I’ll have to work with the stone a bit more to make it more attractive.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Nice tip:

Whenever you have andesite, diorite, or granite and you want to use it for building, put 4 of the item in the shape of the square in your crafting table (or the crafting area in your inventory) and you will get the polished variant. It looks much nicer than the type you find while mining. :D
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!
Sstavix
CCGR addict
JesusIsLord713 wrote:Nice tip:

Whenever you have andesite, diorite, or granite and you want to use it for building, put 4 of the item in the shape of the square in your crafting table (or the crafting area in your inventory) and you will get the polished variant. It looks much nicer than the type you find while mining. :D
(( I am aware of that, and I do think it looks nicer. I typically do this while there's a batch of cobblestone cooking in the furnace next to me, waiting for the dawn to break. ))
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Also, and with all due respect everywhere, I think suggestions should remain in the "what should I do next" thread and leave this as a journal interaction only. Just keeps things neat and tidy I think, eh?
Anyways saw the cove and left a sign. I'll give my full and well deserved impression of: WOW! NICE HOMESTEAD!
And it is very fitting for a lizard, if I know anything about lizards. Well planned out and even includes the landscape.
Kudo's!
8)
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
BlockHeadLewie wrote:Well planned out and even includes the landscape.
Kudo's!
8)
(( Actually, the landscape is largely the way it appeared as generated in the game. I've been trying to largely keep the integrity of the land the same as I found it. I am going to have to change one section, though, and that's going to be my next big, ambitious project - the viewing platform. I'm envisioning a 30x30 area, raised 15-20 blocks above the sea, with a building underneath it that will serve as my house until I get my lake cabin built. Oh, and thanks for visiting! As you can tell, I have a ways to go....))
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
I visited as well with BlockHeadLewie. Very nice! I didn't leave a sign though...

1.12 is here!

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
I am going to visit again and leave a sign this time!
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Day 22:

I have been collecting stone - and have even found some coal - from the ravine next to my hut, but I’ve been concerned about the integrity of the cove. Fortunately, it seems that my thoughts have not gone unheard. I received a visitation from AmyJo who, from the appearance of her dazzling diamond armor, seems to be some sort of authority of this world. She showed me how to teleport back to the Sanctuary, and from there, use a portal to another world where the residents can use exclusively for mining and other resource gathering. I thanked her for her assistance, and was relieved that she took no offense at my reptilian appearance. This world does seem to be much more tolerant than others I have visited. Perhaps it helps that we share a common faith.

I found a nice location at the base of a cliff, surrounded by flowers, and dug a small shelter. From there, I’ve proceeded to dig downward, replacing my stone pickaxe with another whenever it wore out. Within a few minutes, I discovered some iron! My first solid metal. I look forward to smelting it so I might be able to craft some armor.

Unfortunately, I also found a nasty insect that lives within some of the stone. It attacked me, so I killed it. However, killing it seemed to have caused it to call its allies, and soon I was swarmed by the creatures. I managed to use the teleportation spell to return to the cove before I was overcome entirely. I do hope that my mine will be cleared out when I return again in a few days time.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Ah the evil silverfish. These guys will attack you as any other mob would but can also call allies (like in your case) if others are nearby. They can also go back into stone if revealed. To tell if a silverfish lives in stone punch it with your fist. If your fist is breaking the stone faster than normal, then a silverfish is in there. Also vice versa in which if you use a pickaxe on the stone and it breaks away slower than normal, then a silverfish is in there.

1.12 is here!

Sstavix
CCGR addict
(( I've only encountered them once, and now I'm almost paranoid every time I mine! ))
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
The good news is that silverfish are only found in the extreme hills (lots of mountains) biome rarely. They are also found frequently of you mine the blocks that make up a stronghold. Also in a stronghold is a silverfish spawner in the end portal room. Other than these I mentioned you can never find silverfish unless someone spawns them.

1.12 is here!

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Day 23:

I have decided to let more time pass before I return to my mine in the resource world. Instead, I’ve decided to build a dock at the edge of the bay, and have worked on an illuminated path to the dock. This involved cutting down some trees and digging a path through a steep hill - just as well, because the work I’ve put into it will keep the monsters from congregating during the night. I think they’ve plotted to keep me out of their forest, but I’ve been able to defeat the occasional zombie and skeleton that has emerged to attack so far. With my newly-forged iron armor, I find that it’s easier to resist their attacks.

I had a visitor come today - an armored man named Foxotic. With his guidance, we were able to explore my lands at night. The path looks quite remarkable with the torches in place. It made me optimistic toward the end result. He also helped in defeating some of the spiders that actually have emerged, and I now have enough string to make a fishing pole. Just what I need to test the effectiveness of my dock! I hope that Foxotic visits again when I have more of my lands developed - and that I might have the chance to visit his home and see what sorts of wonders he has created as well!
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Day 24:

I’ve planted some melon and pumpkin seeds near my river, but they still need more time to grow. So I’ve ventured back into my mine in the resource world. The silverfish - the insects that attacked me - have disappeared. I posted a warning sign where I encountered them last, then continued to dig deeper.

I managed to find a few more pockets of coal and another small vein of iron. But as I dug deeper - more than 50 blocks below the level of the sea - I have uncovered a few other interesting items. One was a large emerald that I dug out of the rock, and the other has been a large quantity of red powder. I believe this to be the substance known as “redstone.” I will have to do some research and see what can be done with this odd material.

I also have found two other types of stone - granite and diorite. I’m thinking that this can be polished and used as decorative stone for my buildings and paths. Diorite seems a bit pale for my tastes, but perhaps I can use it as an accent or something.