Recommend a book.

TheAlexTDB
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
I would recommend reading all the series from the Chronicles of Narnia, IN ORDER! :lol:

I started the series 3 books ahead of myself, and missed a whole lot of action. Rule of thumb; always start at the beginning xD
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

soulofcaramel
Noob
Noob
I really like all Ken Foillet books and was deeply moved by Brenan Mannings book lately.
SamSlaught
Noob
Noob
If you want something fun to read, I would definitely recommend "The Hobbit" or "The Lord of the Rings Trilogy". I flew through the books and even enjoyed them more than the movies!
ajrp
Noob
Noob
I like the bible
YedidYah
Noob
Noob
Post 8
Have you read a good book that you would like to recommend?
I would like to recommend the non-fiction book:
Look What's Missing by David Daniels
Ojara
Noob
Noob
Christ Centered Gamer - therefore I presume the Bible is a common answer.
Aside from that, I would recommend ANY/ALL books by author Ted Dekker, especially the Circle Series. Great suspense books, in my honest opinion he is this ages Frank Peretti, who I will also recommend, note though, scary stuff regarding spiritual warfare, prepare yourself.
Keiken_
Noob
Noob
In terms of fiction I highly recommend The Castle in the Air. It is the sequel to Dianne Wynne Jones' Howl's Moving Castle if you're familiar with the movie and keeps the spirit of the original very well.

For nonfiction, The Way of the Christian Samurai by Paul Nowak has given me a lot of insight to my walk with the Lord and I'd recommend it to anyone who either A.) is a fan of historical Japanese culture, and/or B.) Desires to find a deeper meaning to their service to Jesus.
IndigoFern
Noob
Noob
Last summer I read a few fiction fantasy books recommended for teens. I thought Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes was interesting. Loki's Wolves and it's sequels were also good.
Thamerwaste
Noob
Noob
The Pillars of the Earth and World Without End by Ken Follett

A story about building a Cathedral in a fictional town in Medieval England. The story is about how the building of the Cathedral and the societal changes effect multiple generations of townspeople.

It is an adult book, with a lot of things that are not for kiddies.

It's all the more enjoyable if you have an interest in actual English history, as significant events are illustrated throughout the story.

It does show the clergy in some unflattering ways, but mostly with them being greedy and self-serving, so it's not anti-Christian.

Wars of the Roses Series by Conn Iggulden

Another historical fiction series that is VERY well researched and creates fictional situations for actual historical persons during the Wars of the Roses in Medieval England.

Also a mature book, but a good one.
Sparing Link
Noob
Noob
I really recommend Stand Strong by Nick Vujicic. This man is so inspirational to me, and it's about standing strong against the bullies in your life (whether they're schoolyard bullies, work bullies, or even emotional bullies!). He talks about having value regardless of what people say, and his story is so inspiring and encouraging. I recommend it to anyone, even if you don't necessarily have bullies in your life.
Marin
Noob
Noob
Ojara wrote:Christ Centered Gamer - therefore I presume the Bible is a common answer.
Aside from that, I would recommend ANY/ALL books by author Ted Dekker, especially the Circle Series. Great suspense books, in my honest opinion he is this ages Frank Peretti, who I will also recommend, note though, scary stuff regarding spiritual warfare, prepare yourself.
I enjoyed "This Present Darkness" by Frank Peretti and went through it pretty quickly. I haven't got to read anything by Ted Dekker yet but appreciate the recommendation for future reference.

Well, I love apologetics books, and just 2 that I can recommend are J. Warner Wallace's "Cold Case Christianity" and "God's Crime Scene." He has an interesting perspective as a detective and I think these are well written and interesting. The first focuses on the Gospels and the second, on the universe as created by God.

Happy reading :D
MrVertebrate
Noob
Noob
I would like to recommend "Hatchet", a book about a teenage boy trying to survive in the wilderness.
Lexpeee
Noob
Noob
I laughed at other people's answers, because they said "The Bible", which is a good answer by the way.

I don't know any good books, sorry. Not a bookwork or some sort. haha
dchsknight
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
I have a bunch of books to recommend!

Wild at Heart by John Eldridge
Christ-esteem by Don Matzat

Pirates by Micheal Crichton
Prey by Micheal Crichton
Timeline by Micheal Crichton

Moby Dick by Herman Melville
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas

And my All time favorite!
20,000 Leagues of the Sea by Jules Verne
graystripedkitten
Noob
Noob
This is more for girls/women (if you're younger check with your parents: they're all clean and have solid Christian teachings, but most are romance). Grace Livingston Hill is my favorite author. A number of her books are in public domain, but some are not, so reading them online is easy but make sure you're using a reputable source.