Nintendo Switch

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
I believe I'm posting this in the right place. If not please tell me and I can recreate it somewhere else.

I've heard for the past month or 2 that a new Nintendo console called the Nintendo NX will be coming out this year/next year. I think it's great that they are finally making a new console to replace the Wii U and 3DS. I think the graphics will look like nearly real life. I've also heard that they might make a possibility of being able to play a handheld version of the console anywhere you are (similar to the Wii U's gamepad functionality to play just on the gamepad without the need for a TV screen)

Anyway the console is very early in development so anything can change. Anyone have any thoughts about the new console? (If you have heard of it at all)
Last edited by JesusIsLord713 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
You're in the right place. :)

Yeah I been hearing a lot about the NX in the past year, Nintendo sure did file a lot of interesting patents.
Though still no telling what it will actually be like, I have a feeling they'll announce it this E3 though.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Looking forward to hearing more about it as well.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
I'll post more information about the NX as I get it.

1.12 is here!

DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Nintendo specifically said it's not meant to replace the Wii U/3DS. And how can a console replace a handheld, anyway?
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
As I've read the NX will not be a successor to the Wii line of consoles like the Wii U was basically a upgrade of the Wii. Therefore the NX will "replace" the Wii U and Wii. I've also read that the NX will have some features the Wii and Wii U had (such as motion controls) but will majorly be different than the previous 2 consoles. I hope this makes sense.

The NX will have a home console version and a handheld version. And as far as I know there is supposed to be a way to connect the 2 similar to how the gamepad connects with the Wii U, only being able to connect farther away from the home console.

1.12 is here!

Emwok
CCGR addict
I've read in a couple of places (can't remember exactly where) that the NX is going to work like a distributed computer. One NX alone won't be very powerful, so it requires the processing power of other systems that are dormant in order to process graphics in a way that could compete with the other big consoles (namely the XONE and PS4). Not sure how accurate that info is though, so don't quote me or anything. :P
Spoiler:

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
I cannot believe they already want to replace the Wii U. Regular Wii's are going to be antiques sooner or later.

Once again I feel like an outdated old timer like the Direct TV "Settlers".
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.
lokik21
I'm excited for the NX but saddened at the same time. I rather like my Wii U as it has a good library of games, I just wish it had a little more third party support.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
I think it's about time for a new console. It's been a little over 3 years since the Wii U was released and the sales are poor (around 15 million) unlike the Wii, which sold over 100 million. I really think the Wii U lived up to it's last and used the best it had! I'm really looking forward to seeing how good the NX graphics will be!

Note: I don't think there will be a lot of information about the console until the E3. If I read correctly it's about in the middle of June this year. So a lot of information should be coming to you guys in June!

1.12 is here!

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Wow I had no idea that the Wii U was so old. I thought it was a 2015 thing. With that fact I am not as surprised that the Wii U is being replaced.

Fun Facts:
Wii Sports Resort Total Sales: 34.95 million.
Wii U total sales: Around 15 Million
Wii total Sales: Around 101+ Million

Wii Sports Resort has sold over 2 times as many copies as the Wii U.
I post too much.
FamilyFriendlyGaming
I just hope Nintendo does not do away with physical copies of games like some of the rumors say. I don't want anymore download only devices. The iPhone and iPad is enough of that for me.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
I'm surprised you didn't know that Zap.

I'm used to getting the physical copies of the game (discs) and not downloading it the game. The physical copies are good for saving space (Wii U games take up like a GB or 2 of the Wii U's space when downloaded from the online store). I would prefer it they stick with the physical copies but I don't really care if they stop using discs. I might just be limited to how many games I can get.

1.12 is here!

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Yeah, I don't follow game developers at all. I only play the games. Don't expect me to know anything about that type of stuff. That is your area of expertise, not mine. :)

I would be sad if they stopped with the discs. Discs actually make you get up and move instead of sitting around all the time.
I post too much.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Update:

Looks like the new console won't be shown at the E3 this year. :( The release date has been pushed back into March 2017. Nintendo will still probably give out information about the NX as the year goes by.

1.12 is here!