Minecraft Magic and christians

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
amyjo88 wrote:... ... there are certain times we ought to calmly express our discontent.
Except when Satan goes too far and we're in prayer or a rebuke of his work. I can't be calm if it goes too far. Period.
This is only because of things I have witnessed first hand that at least half of which is not worth knowing let alone telling. Plus remember, I saw 'the other side' as I worshipped Satan.
**shudder**
People everywhere are ignorant to what The Bible says about the spiritual realm. It is in fact real. What this means for us believers is having to understand that God's Word, since it never comes back void, states things like "...they have their reward." In reality, today, people are indeed nestled within and allowing to nestle with them daemons of MANY numerous sorts.
The spiritual world has been, is still but won't be long in a constant battle for dominion. Hence the discussion within this thread (and/or others) from various points of view.
Like mine.
:wink: 8) :wink:
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
RoosterOnAStick
Are you human?: Yes!
BlockHeadLewie wrote:
amyjo88 wrote:... ... there are certain times we ought to calmly express our discontent.
Except when Satan goes too far and we're in prayer or a rebuke of his work. I can't be calm if it goes too far. Period.
This is only because of things I have witnessed first hand that at least half of which is not worth knowing let alone telling. Plus remember, I saw 'the other side' as I worshipped Satan.
**shudder**
People everywhere are ignorant to what The Bible says about the spiritual realm. It is in fact real. What this means for us believers is having to understand that God's Word, since it never comes back void, states things like "...they have their reward." In reality, today, people are indeed nestled within and allowing to nestle with them daemons of MANY numerous sorts.
The spiritual world has been, is still but won't be long in a constant battle for dominion. Hence the discussion within this thread (and/or others) from various points of view.
Like mine.
I actually agree with most of this, except for one part...

I would caution against going too far in expressing discontent, even when it is against Satan. If we go too far in our fervor our emotions can go out of control and despite our efforts to rebuke Satan we fall right into his hands instead.

Trust me, I know this from experience. Demons aren't stupid. They don't conform to systematic or formulaic behaviors as we may expect of them. It is all too easy for righteous indignation to turn into uncontrolled self righteous rage.
“If the history of the 20th Century proved anything, it proved that however bad things were, human ingenuity could usually find a way to make them worse.” - Theodore Dalrymple
amyjo88
Minecraft Server Admin
RoosterOnAStick wrote:
BlockHeadLewie wrote:
**shudder**
Like mine.
I actually agree with most of this, except for one part...

I would caution against going too far in expressing discontent, even when it is against Satan. If we go too far in our fervor our emotions can go out of control and despite our efforts to rebuke Satan we fall right into his hands instead.

Trust me, I know this from experience. Demons aren't stupid. They don't conform to systematic or formulaic behaviors as we may expect of them. It is all too easy for righteous indignation to turn into uncontrolled self righteous rage.
Ok, yes there are times when our response should not be calm. But, I don't think that is very often. Maybe more often in prayer. And I think far too often we have erred on the side of "self righteous rage" which is very damaging to our credibility which is damaging to our mission.
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
RoosterOnAStick and AmyJo88 hit the nail on the head. Rather got caught up in things and truly should have mentioned this, but that's how iron sharpens iron!
Even the most well intended attempt can be swallowed up by daemonic things. (Sorta like the moment in Star Wars between Luke and the Emperor: The Emperor: "You want this, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant." Luke: "No.")
My service to Satan was over a long time ago, is over to this very day and will always be over even unto the end of time and beyond.
Also remember that revenge is The Lords. Just count it all joy!
8)
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
amyjo88 wrote: Ok, yes there are times when our response should not be calm. But, I don't think that is very often. Maybe more often in prayer. And I think far too often we have erred on the side of "self righteous rage" which is very damaging to our credibility which is damaging to our mission.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
amyjo88
Minecraft Server Admin
I'm thinking that meme is more of a joke, but since you bring it up.... Jesus did show rage at the temple, toward those abusing the temple and he also proclaimed the seven(?) woes to the teachers of the law and pharisees.

I'm talking about blowing up facebook with harry potter hate fests. That is ridiculous. Let's make sure we speak out against sin and evil in our churches before we go on rants about a magic in media.

To get somewhat back on topic, I think there are certain movies/shows/games/books/songs/etc that are clearly about/supporting the occult and Christians ought to abstain from. I also think there is some room for the Holy Spirit to convict each of us as He sees fit.

Romans 14

5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister.

So, the Holy Spirit may convict me of certain media and convict others of different media. I think it is most helpful to encourage one another to listen for the Holy Spirit's leading and be conscious of the media we consume. And if a friend ever expresses conviction about Minecraft, don't try to talk them into playing it, just play something else with them.
TheAlexTDB
Minecraft Server Admin
Well said Amy, I don't even have anything to add to that :roll:
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

ArcticFox
CCGR addict
amyjo88 wrote:I'm thinking that meme is more of a joke, but since you bring it up.... Jesus did show rage at the temple, toward those abusing the temple and he also proclaimed the seven(?) woes to the teachers of the law and pharisees.
Sort of... Mainly it was meant as a funny way to support what you said, about how sometimes it is necessary to respond with more than just calm.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
amyjo88
Minecraft Server Admin
ArcticFox wrote:
Sort of... Mainly it was meant as a funny way to support what you said, about how sometimes it is necessary to respond with more than just calm.
:mrgreen: