Transgender issues as a Christian

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Celeste
Noob
Noob
Hey there everyone,

As a new member here I thought I'd introduce myself and lay out what's brought me here.

I've been a believer of Christ since I was a young child, and strangely enough I also identify as transgender (born as Male, but prefer to identify as Female).

Across my life I admit that even beside being Transgender, my life has still been filled with sin, masturbation probably being my worst offense. I also used to go by the pseudonym "Celeste Amaterasu". I figured that God and Jesus probably would not appreciate me using a Shinto deity as part of how I choose to represent myself online, so have just shortened it to Celeste for now, and am taking strides to change my username wherever in online games, or starting a new account where I can't.

For the first time in a while I participated in a Church sermon as well. Overlake Christian Church is a pretty large church, and they host a livestream of their sermon that's open for me to watch. I hope to actually be able to attend at some point as well.

Last year I moved up to the Redmond area of Washington and don't have the ability to be around family as much as I used to. I was actually able to being hormone replacement therapy to deal with the depression from my gender dysphoria, and it was actually very helpful for the last year of my life, but feeling the guilt recently has caused me to stop taking my suppliments, and my next appointment with my doctor is this Wednesday. I hate to say that stopping this treatment has been very painful and has left me feeling a lot of depression over the last week.

Sadly many of my friends that I hang around with on Steam and even my friends from my hometown seem to be into fornication as well. (Seems to be a sin not many can pull away from.

So finding this site, I hope to surround myself with a lot more fellow followers and try to become a better follower of Jesus, and maybe find a few fellow gamers out there that I can enjoy playing with to take my mind off the pain I'm going through.

Thank you for listening to my rant,
Celeste
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
welcome celeste! Feel free to hit me up on Steam, I'm gwenavirre I'll be praying for you!
TheAlexTDB
Minecraft Server Admin
Heyllo Celeste, Glad to see you here! I'm not too active but I still love talking to people. I'm TheAlexTDB on steam, or my URL is http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198065149400/

I'll be praying for you too, stay strong!
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

WLRSaint85
Noob
Noob
It takes a lot of courage to post what you have my friend. You are taking the right step by sharing here with fellow Christians. I'm new to this site and I'm hoping to find friends to play with as well. I hope to play with you some time and you will be in my prayers. May the Lord bless you and keep you.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Definitely good to have you here and want to encourage you to stick around. What you're going through ain't easy and I can't imagine that it 'll get much easier, but you made a good move finding a place where you can be surrounded by people who will be cheering for you and want to help you stay on the good path.

Since everybody else is sharing their steam names I'll do the same. unixknight
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Emwok
CCGR addict
Hey, my Steam name is TheEpicBurrito if you want to add me. I'll be praying for you.
Spoiler:

amyjo88
Minecraft Server Admin
Glad to have you here!
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Hey, I'm not a Christian anymore so what I'm saying is certainly not the biblical perspective.
And if you want to write off what I'm saying as from the devil, that's your prerogative.

But, what you said about dealing with guilt and depression hit home with me. I had a lot of that in my teen years and, I'll be honest, the standard church talk really did nothing but compound it. It was the hardest time of my life.
Sometimes, you might have to go against the mainstream flow of the church. What you believe about God is for you. And let's be honest, the church often talks much more strongly about issues like transgender and masturbation than the bible ever has.

Just, reconsider getting back on your supplements. It clearly helped with your your depression. I don't think you identify as a female just willy-nilly, and breaking your self-identity is not something everybody survives. Guilt and depression can lay someone far lower than adversity ever can.

If you believe God created you, be true to yourself. Depression is almost surely the sign you're moving in the wrong direction.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim