Music on Minecraft

DDR, Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and other musical game discussions
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
tbmetzger
Noob
Noob
if you want music there are two ways 1. Go to the options menu and turn the music on and there is even a volume for it! 2. you can make your own music with note blocks and to play different tunes you have to place the note block on different blocks for example "Glass and glowstone will give you the sound of sticks being hit together. Sand, Gravel and soul sand will give you a hi-hat. Stone-Based Blocks, a Furnace, obsidian, and netherrack will give you a bass drum. Wood-Based blocks, Fence, bookshelves, chests, and note blocks will give you a bass guitar. Air Blocks, Wool, dirt, leaves, and water will give you a piano sound" and to make these sound you have to do this "let's say you want a piano. then to get that sound you have to dig a hole one block deep then place a wool block in that hole then place a note block on top of the wool block then right click the note block and then the note block will play a piano sound!"I hope this helped! :D
Muddy56
Noob
Noob
I really love C418, he is really good at creating Minecraft in muic form.
dwarf_bunny
Noob
Noob
There are several different mods for customizable juke boxes in Minecraft but I think it would end up being easier if you just played Pandora in a tab behind minecraft so you can just play your own music. It would be cool if there were more music disk options that you can play in game.
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
JesusIsLord713 wrote:I think it would be cool if they would add more music disks to minecraft at some point.

Although I wish that if the main minecraft music was playing and you wanted to play a music disk as soon as you put it in the main minecraft music would stop so you could listen to the music disk instead of both. :D
Not too many more, but getting the total up to 20 would be nice.

I recentally found that I had turned off the Minecraft Music at some point. I turned it back on and I love it.
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
I find the main minecraft music very soothing. Though I would still like it to turn off automatically temporarily when a disc is being played so you don't get overlapping of 2 soundtracks.
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Yeah, that would be annoying.
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.
Emwok
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
There is actually a way to add your own music through the resource pack system. I don't know the exact process, but I do know that you have to convert the song to .ogg format in order for it to work. There are probably tutorials about how to do this on YouTube.
Spoiler:

xXAerowenXx
Noob
Noob
I think if you download a mod you could, or you could make this really big underground piano with the music notes in certain orders and get a minecart to roll by them to play them timingly :D
King_Hyder
Noob
Noob
That would be fun for speed mining or swimming across long oceans. Or afk music.
Jensen
Noob
Noob
I love the piano idea! That would make the game so cool. And while we are at it, let's add more instruments!
Joshua19
Noob
Noob
Just mute Minecraft and open YouTube, play whatever music you like.

That's what I do. :D
Last edited by Joshua19 on Thu May 30, 2019 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua19
Noob
Noob
Sometimes I put Minecraft volume to 0 and play stuff from YouTube.