John Oliver talks about Televangelists

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Warnings there is some language

These people make me sick
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
I'm just amazed that Robert Tilton is still at it. I'm pretty sure he did some time in prison back in the 90's.

But on the bright side, I think he'll be more remembered for these videos than for his ministry:

(I dare you to try to watch that video without laughing.)
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
okay I laughed. It's been a while since i have seen those.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
I can't help but think this kind of stuff is one of the most severe types of schemes there are. Not only is it the dishonesty of claiming to represent God, which is bad enough, but there's also the tricking people out of their money and the false hopes they give.

And then you have people who, because they believe that sending money to a televangelist will cure their cancer, wind up dying.

all of that is bad ENOUGH, but how many people have been turned against Christianity because they see this as an example of what it is? Maybe they've been fooled themselves. Maybe they see the shenanigans and conclude that all churches to this to some extent. (Especially in the "I don't believe in organized religion" crowd.)

Serpents.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
storm
Gamer
Gamer
I don't think he is against all of us or all TV preachers, and it is good to expose the bad ones but it leaves me wandering.

Which is sadder that some do now and will still (even after seeing them for what they are) believe in them
Or the fact that we all will be judged (all of us who are Christian) by these fakes in this world ?
Face it we are judged by not only what we do BUT what people like this do.
It means we must work all the harder to let people know real Christians are not like them and the one true God will judge them one day as He will judge us all
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (NKJV)
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” Greg King