The best Racer out of: Grid AutoSport, Forza, or GranTurismo

Pedal to the metal. See ya at the finish line.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Minecrafty
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
I've really wanted to get into a racer like the three mentioned above, so I REALLY would like some advice on which to buy. I don't have an Xbox1 or PS4 but I still would like to know since I'm sure I can get it for my current setups. So please tell me your thoughts on the racers or of any you think I should get that aren't listed.
So (insert meaning of life and REALLY important stuffs here) and that's what I'm all about!

Life is about the Journey!
Wildebear
I played one of the earlier Grids, it didn't really impress me that much. I enjoyed Need for Speed Shift slightly more.

As for Forza vs Gran Turismo...it depends.

I have Gran Turismo 5; my roommate has Forza 3.

GT5 has a greater variety of cars(compared to the later Forzas as well), but some car lack interiors. The interiors are just plain black for lesser known vehicles. GT5's car sounds also sound more "arcadish". You'd drive an A class car and it would sound similar to a C class car. I'm not sure if this is a thing in Forza, but you have to do a lot of licenses in GT5, which gets tiresome because they're basically just normal challenges that don't really indicate whether you have actual racing skills.

Forza has rewind! If you crash, oversteer/understeer you can rewind and do a section again. As far as I've seen in demos and reviews, Forza also has greater car customization than GT5. GT5 basically lets you change colors(you also have to buy "special" colors with real money), but Forza lets you put customizable logos and banners on your car.

As for actual gameplay GT5 is much more of an arcade game compared to Forza 3 and 4. In Forza 3 and 4 damage is a serious element. If you crash, your car's performance decreases, the damage is clearly visible and can be felt. GT plays like bumper cars. You'll see damage in forms of scratches or slight displacement, but it won't really decrease your car's performance. I really don't know about Forza Horizon and onward, but GT feels a lot easier compared to Forza. It requires less knowledge of technical aspects of vehicles and vehicle physics. In Forza 3 and 4 it's advisable to do calibration to faster vehicles as it's normally harder to break and steer at the same time.

This is just my personal opinion, but I would go for an Xbox and Forza next(If I wanted a racing game). GT has stayed in its original class as an arcade game, but Forza is mechanically and technically progressing.
“Conquer yourself rather than the world.”
― René Descartes
Minecrafty
Noob
Noob
Thanks for the input. I was hoping to get this game 2 player as well so I could race friends. As of now the only racing game I have is Test Drive 5 for the Ps1, which shows a lot about how little I know.
So (insert meaning of life and REALLY important stuffs here) and that's what I'm all about!

Life is about the Journey!
DaveyWavey
Noob
Noob
One of the best racers I know is good ol' Gran Turismo 1 on PS1 :D That just never gets old. I absolutely love the handling of the cars on it... very realistic. and the soundtrack on the game is perfect. "Get away from me is all she says.. you're like a social disease", while Im hooning around the track as precisely as I can. The R11 stage was my favourite. Really fun game.
FamilyFriendlyGaming
I really like the Forza Horizon games. Both 1 and 2 can be found on the Xbox 360. I played 1 on the Xbox 360, and the Xbox One version of 2. It is a giant open world where you find races and compete. You need different cars for different kinds of races. So in game money is spent on purchasing and upgrading cars. In Forza Horizon 1 you race bosses for long distances for their vehicle. I love winning vehicles from those bosses. There are tons of hidden things like barn finds (special hidden cars), signs to be busted that improve your money collecting, experience, etc.

There is also blur on the PS3, Xbox 360. Split Second is another racer on the PS3, Xbox 360. I liked Split Second for the area changing events when you built up a bar.

If you are into motorcycles there are plenty of MotoGP games on the PS3, Xbox 360. Also numerous F1 Formula racing games on those systems.

Grid Autosport is Codemasters so its generally tougher than other racing games. I liked Gran Turismo better personally. For me Forza Horizon is the most engaging racing title. I just love the open world and driving around. Plus it has a storyline to it.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Jay loves the Forza games, they're the only thing he plays on the 360/XBone