If you ask I will answer the best I can

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Luxen
Noob
Noob
If people want to know some things, I may answer some thing. I may not answer everything, but I should answer most things! :lol:
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
What is the inspiration behind your username?
Luxen
Noob
Noob
I'll break this down as best I can from the names I was to becoming who I am now.

I used to go by Cloud Strife and once and a while Squall - Final Fantasy 7 & 8. (that is where the in-game Strife195 came from) That got restricted to the day of defeat server and counter strike server I played with my dad when I was a teenager. I soon realized when I started playing other games how common people use Cloud or Squall (who would have guessed).

I went by Steeny for a number of years. I used to be the top couple of searches on Google when Steeny came up. I used this from 2005-2012 (it was a random name generated by Star Wars Galaxies).

I had many life changing experiences and decided I needed a name change to reflect the changes in who I was. This included coming to a stronger relationship with Christ, getting married, and my experiences with law-enforcement.

I wanted a name with an X in it. I used to play with a group of brothers who were all Christians named the X brothers, 6 real-life brothers who play video games together. They were a part of my story coming to Christ. As one of the honorary members, I like to put an X in my names when I play to signify our longtime friendship (since 2006 or 2007). Backtracking to League of Legends now, I played that when it was in Beta. When the character Lux came out, I played as her a lot. I really liked the name as well, but I wanted to add something a bit of my own with it and I didn't want a female's name. So, having an X in the name and after playing as other names as well (sometimes I play as Baxter, but I've used that some over the last several years as well) I decided I liked the way Lux + en sounded, and went with it. Sometimes I throw an X on the end. The downside is that Luxen is a more common name than Steeny was or some of the other character names I have used, but overall it fits me well enough.

For twitter/twitch - Luxensbg - it stands for Luxen saved by Christ. (Luxen and LuxenX were taken)

I hope that answers it.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Luxen wrote: I hope that answers it.
Great story! It does!

So you like Final Fantasy, Counter Strike, SWG and League of Legends... sounds like a well-rounded appetite for games! Do you have any particular favorites? Or at least a favorite genre of game?
Luxen
Noob
Noob
Sstavix wrote:
Great story! It does!

So you like Final Fantasy, Counter Strike, SWG and League of Legends... sounds like a well-rounded appetite for games! Do you have any particular favorites? Or at least a favorite genre of game?
I honestly enjoy many game types. The things that make games for me tend to be the people I play with. I enjoy some single player games but I often can get lonely when I play them. I have played a lot over the years. Sometimes too much, so I keep a closer eye on it now.

If I had to base it off of my favorite, I can say it was the original Starcraft or Star Wars Galaxies. I played that when the demo was released in 1997 until Starcraft 2 came out in 2010. I still will launch starcraft up from time to time just to play it, but I've been less into RTS games the past year or so. Star Wars Galaxies took over the slot that I played more in 2005 and played it on and off until the year it closed. I have played Pre-CU, CU, and NGE. I like them all differently. I loved the ability to craft based on resource stats and make items that were better than others because of the work you put into it.

For favorite Genre or style, that is a lot harder to say for sure. I Have played MMOs of all sorts of kinds, RTS games, Simulators, MOBAs, Survival and so on. I have played the most of MMOs, but I think it was more playing with other people or groups I was a part of that played those games. Right now I can't decide which I like most of any of the game types. I think it depends on my mood at that time, the people I'm playing with, and how well done the gameplay is. And even when I like a game, I'll play for a while then change to something else.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
How did you find us and any regrets for doing so? ;)
MizzSuz
Noob
Noob
ccgr wrote:How did you find us and any regrets for doing so? ;)
I searched for "christian minecraft servers" and ccgr popped up! After reviewing the website I realized I had to play! I've been on the server for a week or two now and I love it!!! It is such a blessing to be able to play in a wholesome environment and not have to worry about profanity, etc. Thank you ccgr!!! :wink:
Luxen
Noob
Noob
ccgr wrote:How did you find us and any regrets for doing so? ;)
I was Looking for Christ Centered Communities. I was going to start Saved By Christ Gaming a year or two ago. I even went as far as building the Website with CSS and HTML for a class project when I did a web design class. I started the facebook group and some other things The problem is I didn't know many Christ followers who played games like I did. A lot of that has to do with the change that has happened over the last several years to now. I knew I'd need more help and time to put into it, and so I looked for a place for Christ Followers to play. I found you all before, but at that time my wife was not too enthusiastic about me playing games. There were more important things going on and I decided to wait. I started playing games here and there but really wasn't as much into things for a while.

I started playing some minecraft here and there a couple of weeks ago. I had decided that I would look and see if there was a site where being a Follower of Christ could be a part of who I am and not be something that annoyed everyone (although I'm sure some people still may be annoyed that I follow Christ :-p). I found the community again and saw there was a minecraft server and that people played other games too. So I decided that this time I'd give it a shot here. My wife was very encouraged how encouraged I was at finding the community. I often tell her stories even though she isn't much into gaming or technology like I am.

Do I regret it? No, I don't have any regrets. I like the fact that there are gaming reviews based on more than what the secular world has. I like that people are welcome here whether they believe in Christ or not. So many communities are filled with content I neither want to deal with nor need to, I have dealt with enough. If anything, I would have come sooner.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Awesome, glad you found us (again) :)

Favorite book of the Bible?
Luxen
Noob
Noob
ccgr wrote:Awesome, glad you found us (again) :)

Favorite book of the Bible?
There are two books that stand out at different times. When Times have been the toughest, the book of Joshua was very encouraging to me. When I was first coming to Christ, the book of James taught me a lot.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Lux is also Latin for "light". Awesome name. She was one of my favorite heroes in LoL, though I tended to get killed frequently. :D

Have you ever considered building a skyscraper?
Luxen
Noob
Noob
Chozon1 wrote:Lux is also Latin for "light". Awesome name. She was one of my favorite heroes in LoL, though I tended to get killed frequently. :D

Have you ever considered building a skyscraper?
That just makes it that much better that I chose that name. I liked playing with her and I was okay with her, but I didn't like the attitude people started getting that playing a support character meant not killing any creeps. Many consider her a support (I like playing her mid) I don't like that style of play, it may be viable, but I really prefer being able to kill miinions. In ARAMS I feel I played her the best because people didn't try to restrict my playstyle with her.

I will answer you 2 ways with that Chozen.

In game - I have considered it. I have built a keep in Minecraft Beta with towers on the edges. I would want to use something other than stone or wood though to make it a challenge. I have helped others build their base up pretty high, but we've never called it a skyscraper.

In Real Life - That is beyond my abilities or what I'm made to do! It would be cool, but I don't see myself doing that!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I usually played her as support. But one of the main reason I quit playing that was the terrible community. O_o If I dared play in any way that was not "the right way" I got fussed at. XD

Mangosteen?
Eagle Eyes
VIP Member
VIP Member
What's your favorite flower?
:D
Never judge a book by it's cover
and don't underestimate them either.
Luxen
Noob
Noob
Chozon1 wrote:I usually played her as support. But one of the main reason I quit playing that was the terrible community. O_o If I dared play in any way that was not "the right way" I got fussed at. XD

Mangosteen?
I know. It feels like every game there is at least 1 troll on your team, if not more. People seem to have the attitude that they need to win EVERY match. If you are outplayed and they lose its because "you" held the team down. People like to talk smack and tell you how much better they are and so on. I've enjoyed playing ARAMs because people tend to be less troll like because they're not playing their best champs each time.

Peach Mangosteen. I used to get Snapple Peach Mangosteen drinks when I worked at a grocery store 8 years ago or so. Good stuff.
Eagle Eyes wrote:What's your favorite flower?
:D
My favorite flowers are Tulips. I quite enjoy them when they bloom.