Would you be okay with your wife wearing leggings?

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
http://veronicapartridge.com/why-i-chos ... -leggings/

I'm a jeans girl anyways so it doesn't really apply to me...
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Her clothing is her choice, but honestly I hate them. A girl wearing leggings strikes me as having the laziness level of sweatpants (unattractive) with the added benefit (I say sarcastically) of showing everyone what your buttcrack would look like with fanciful patterns on it.

Around the house? Sure. Working out? Why not--I'd love to watch! :P

To school? ...yeeeaahhh, not real hot on the guys ogling my wife.

I'm even an ardent anti-slut-shaming person (that is, in this case don't blame a girl for guys lusting after her, among other things) but leggings... It's like they're not even trying. It's like sporting a disastrous amount of clravage when a guy looks.

ANYWAY. >_>

(can you tell I'm tired of basic white girls? :P first world college problems)
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Let's just say there was this amusing incident involving a charity construction build involving a bunch of guys on top of a wall nailing off rafter brackets and a girl down below who bent over with the sun behind her. So many thumbs were hit with hammers.

But um. I'm a showoff so I probably wouldn't care too much.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Why not? She has no problem with me in a kilt....
Rejera
Noob
Noob
First, I want to make it clear that I am speaking from a guy's perspective. I think the decision of whether to wear it or not comes down to a simple question. Does this encourage men to stumble in their faith? I can't answer that question. Each gender has the responsibility to make sure their clothing is respectful. That's why I don't walk around in my underwear at the super market. :lol: I'm not saying we all wear cloaks like in Harry Potter, the key word is "encourage" in that question. Men will stumble because of some of their own problems. There is nothing women can do about that. But wearing something that you KNOW is going to grab attention, or wearing something with the intent of trying to grab that attention (the wrong kind, by the way.) I don't believe is the right answer. Paul states in his letter to Timothy "likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire," (1st Timothy 2:9) I think this is because trying to get attention like that, will only draw the wrong kind of guys into that person's life. Like most things, this is just an 18 year old guys opinion. Take it with a grain of salt and with Bible in hand. God bless.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
IIRC leggings are mostly worn for comfort more for drawing attention
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Rejera
Noob
Noob
ChickenSoup wrote:IIRC leggings are mostly worn for comfort more for drawing attention
Just realized I was thinking of the wrong thing. Just goes to show how much I know about women's clothing. :D Yeah, true. I guess my comparison about walking around in my underwear is a little more accurate than I thought it is, considering the whole "Comfort vs Spiritual conflict" thing. I guess this is another one of those things that Paul talks about in 1st Corinthians when he says "Therefore, if food causes my brother to stumble, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause my brother to stumble." There is a balance between living in seclusion so that you won't sin (which still won't work) and not over-thinking your daily choices too much.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
If it's a question about sexiness, skirts take the cake.

And for every girl I've talked to, Leggins (and subsequently, Yoga pants) are about comfort. And they do look a far sight better than sweat pants, too. Not just "more sexy," but just better.

And far be it from me to criticize for someone "dressing lazy." It's a miracle I get my pants on at all.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Luxen
Noob
Noob
Rejera wrote:First, I want to make it clear that I am speaking from a guy's perspective. I think the decision of whether to wear it or not comes down to a simple question. Does this encourage men to stumble in their faith? I can't answer that question. Each gender has the responsibility to make sure their clothing is respectful. That's why I don't walk around in my underwear at the super market. :lol: I'm not saying we all wear cloaks like in Harry Potter, the key word is "encourage" in that question. Men will stumble because of some of their own problems. There is nothing women can do about that. But wearing something that you KNOW is going to grab attention, or wearing something with the intent of trying to grab that attention (the wrong kind, by the way.) I don't believe is the right answer. Paul states in his letter to Timothy "likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire," (1st Timothy 2:9) I think this is because trying to get attention like that, will only draw the wrong kind of guys into that person's life. Like most things, this is just an 18 year old guys opinion. Take it with a grain of salt and with Bible in hand. God bless.
I think you bring a good point and I always think back to 1 Corinthians 8:13 when it comes to this issue.

1 Corinthians 8:13.
Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother or sister to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause them to fall.

When it comes to people and dressing as a follower of Christ, I think that you should consider what you wear and how you act. Respectful clothing for both Genders is an important point. I think men and women alike can be aware of different clothing choices that can cause other followers to stumble. It is difficult for some people because of comfort issues, but that is why I think of 1 Corinthians. If you are a male of female and you know what you are wearing will attract attention in ways that cause people to sin, the Christ-like thing to do is to not wear it and cause people who struggle with that weakness.

So I think that it is Biblical to consider what you wear no matter your gender, after all, we are called to live set apart.
Brookelberrypie
Noob
Noob
I do wear leggings, but for me I'm conscious that in doing so, i could be a stumbling block to men, so I only wear them with long tops/dresses/skirts over them. Don't get me wrong, men have a responsibility to have some will power and control their thoughts, but just like i wouldn't put a glass of wine in front of an alcoholic, I don't think it's wise to wear revealing clothing. I also do this because I realize if another women wore tights and my husband oogled at her, it would bother me, and I don't want to put other women in that situation.
Saphiyah
Noob
Noob
I have a pair of capris that are formfitting, but they're not as thin as leggings...and they're soooo comfy. I'd wear them every day if I could. But I only wear them to the gym and around the house, because my fiance isn't comfortable with me wearing them in public. Out of respect for him and his feelings, I don't. I understand his concern because guys TOTALLY look at girls in leggings/yoga pants, even if the girls aren't going for attention. That's just how they are, and I'm not saying that's a bad thing! Girls and guys are just different.

So I don't have an opinion one way or another about it but, because my fiance knows EXACTLY how mens' brains work, he doesn't like the idea and I'm gonna respect his wishes!
storm
Gamer
Gamer
Don't know I am blue-jeans person rural life requires something tougher and more comfortable. Will say they seem to scream look at me in my view
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (NKJV)
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” Greg King
SSquared
My daughter just mentioned leggings the other day. I had no idea what she's talking about. So she said, "yoga pants". Uhhh...still have no clue. I think she was trying to get a reaction out of me saying she was going to buy a pair.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
SSquared
Ah. I'm pretty sure both of my daughters wear those, but they always have something long over it.