Pastor takes Atheism for a trial run, decides to keep subscription

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
You can check out, but you can never leave.
bwahahaha.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/12/29 ... o-go-back/

Thoughts on both him and the Christian response?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Yeah I heard about that. I'm sure many people are let down by this. Curious on how things will continue for him and his family.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Me too.

I do hope he has people around him like you guys.

When I left the faith, you guys were still loving and accepting without, I feel, compromising any of your values.
It's a shame that these spiteful people get their time in the spotlight, but how you all reacted will remain comparatively silent. So, I'll at least say it again here.
I'm certainly not immune to out-grouping biases, but you guy's conduct as probably went further than I can state to keeping my attitude of religious people complex and human. I can pretty sharp-tongued with you all, but I haven't forgotten and I won't.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Thanks for the kind words and glad you still feel welcome here.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Anyone else see those comments (in the vein of "omg heathen how could you agekl;jg;lhij4otihj;io4jh") as just a little bit defensive? To me that smacks of overcompensation for an underlying insecurity in the same way that some people drive Hummers to assert their masculinity.
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
ChickenSoup wrote:Anyone else see those comments (in the vein of "omg heathen how could you agekl;jg;lhij4otihj;io4jh") as just a little bit defensive? To me that smacks of overcompensation for an underlying insecurity in the same way that some people drive Hummers to assert their masculinity.
The thing that stood out to me about that were all the people who accused him of being gay. Like that's the only reason he stopped believing, because he wants to go out and be super gay or something. (Which just isn't true... apparently he's dating a Christian woman.)

And I want to echo what AA said... most of the folks on this site are just awesome representatives of what Christians should be. Seriously, you guys are one of the reasons I'm not one of those bitter jerk atheists. I'm so thankful to know you all. :)
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Glad to have you as a friend, gotta do pizza again sometime! :)
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
ccgr wrote:Glad to have you as a friend, gotta do pizza again sometime! :)
Yes we do. I'm just sorry I had to cancel last minute the last time I was in Chi-town.

If you guys are ever in Austin, we'll have to meet up for some BBQ or something. I had some killer BBQ from a food truck downtown a couple of weeks ago.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sounds like a plan!