Ask the Mormon

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Definitely!
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Still feels to "fancy" for me. >_> I did try out a rather large sable brush yesterday though, and made the decision to purchase one (I borrowed it from my mom's art kit).

Do you varnish, or clear coat your minis?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Clearcoat, with a matte finish.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
How do you feel about Widget-based UI (I understand JSF follows this, as well as GWT, JavaFX, etc) vs tag-based layouts (Such as JSP and ColdFusion)?

I've been using the widget system at work, and it's a lot easier to get stuff going, but harder to style. Vaadin 6, in particular, makes it really hard to apply new CSS themes. If it were JSP, it would be a relatively simple matter.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
JSP is evil, vile, and great for causing hair loss and stomach cramps.

JSP is yesterday's technology. Easier to style perhaps, but not so much that the ease of styling overcomes the complexities of programming with it. Maybe if you're using Struts JSPs are viable, but even then JSF is far cleaner and better at separation of concerns (MVC).

I just finished working with a project where they were using Struts, but STILL had 90% of their JSP pages coded in Java. This is HORRIBLE practice. They're already using a framework that provides an MVC structure, and they completely short-circuited it. JSF forces the developer to at least keep the view separated.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
There's something to be said about power 12 AOE attacks?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Oh yes... so very, very yes...

What has that?
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
One of the Black 13th. It's a magic attack, so I'm not sure if it's particularly wonderful. But still. It's a boom. <3

Radishes?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
POW 12 is pretty brutal. On average it'll do a 19 for damage which is better than most infantry armor and can easily damage most light Warjacks.

Radishes... nah.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Interesting...Problem is, I think anyone who has played against them is going to try and kill them before I can do anything with them. Punctuated with my inexperience means instant death, likely. XD But lucky shots happen.

When you build something that turns on when you flip the switch off, and off when you turn it on, it's time to go to bed?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Might be worthwhile to look at your buffing options to see what you can do to make those heavy hitting units either faster (get up in your opponent's face ASAP) or increase their survivability by improving their armor or DEF.

And yeah, that's a pretty clear sign that sleep is needed...
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Emwok
CCGR addict
Cilantro?
Spoiler:

cjv
Jam?
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
ArcticFox wrote:Might be worthwhile to look at your buffing options to see what you can do to make those heavy hitting units either faster (get up in your opponent's face ASAP) or increase their survivability by improving their armor or DEF.

And yeah, that's a pretty clear sign that sleep is needed...
Hmmm...well, Striker has blur (+3 defense against ranged and magic attacks) and arcane shield (+3 armor), and the b13 also has Snipe as an ability (though I can't fire the magic attack under snipe). I'm leaning towards blur, since if I have them in melee, I think I deserve to lose them. :P

Privateer Press' play day?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Emwok wrote:Cilantro?
You know, I'm not even entirely sure what that IS even though I've certainly eaten it many, many, times.
cjv wrote:Jam?
Strawberry.... all day long.
Chozon1 wrote: Hmmm...well, Striker has blur (+3 defense against ranged and magic attacks) and arcane shield (+3 armor), and the b13 also has Snipe as an ability (though I can't fire the magic attack under snipe). I'm leaning towards blur, since if I have them in melee, I think I deserve to lose them. :P

Privateer Press' play day?
True... also, be very comfortable with the LOS rules and use stuff to block other stuff. Meat shields can be highly useful.

I get the impression the play day is focused heavily toward the RPG, but that might just be my perception. Not really interested in that.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens