It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Jesus!

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... p=features" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mordock24
Noob
Noob
Thats awesome! Im a hardcore superman fan and in all the sermons I have preached so far I have mentioned superman at least once :P

I was going to post this one but ill just add it!

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/06/1 ... -near-you/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalm 62:1-2
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
good link! thanks for sharing it.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Excellent references. There's one scene in the movie, referenced by the first article:
Spoiler:
Zod has arrived and is demanding that Superman be turned over to him. Clark doesn't know what to do so he goes to a church to ask a priest for advice. As he's talking, over his shoulder is a stained glass window depicting Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. He's asking almost the same questions Jesus did there... "Is there no other way?" "Am I ready for this?"

And he does what Jesus did. He surrenders for the benefit of mankind.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
From what I understand, the studio has been pushing this stuff long before the movie came out. I saw this site a few weeks ago. If nothing else, it's good marketing.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Interestingly enough, I did just say Superman ends up feeling like a deity, no?

This makes sense, though. Tying metaphors with the sacrificial character of Jesus can really bring some depth to Superman.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim