So what system will you get?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
So everything except for what exactly the Sega Spectrum thingie is (it's supposed to be revealed tomorrow) has been revealed. The Xbox One revealed and killed, PS4 revealed and dominated, and the Wii U also has exclusive titles coming out as well.

So what are you getting? PS4, Xbox One, or Wii U?
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Already own a Wii U..haven't used it much. :\ I think a PS4 is in our future, looking forward to utilizing our VItas some more :)
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
PS4 most likely, though I have thought of getting a Wii U and a 3DS.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Maybe the XBox One. I heard it plays TV.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
ArchAngel wrote:Maybe the XBox One. I heard it plays TV.

....you REALLY haven't seen this yet?

― Criss Jami
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Oh, shoot. I keep forgetting those sarcasm tags.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
PC

<_<

>_>
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Drewsov
CCGR addict
I honestly don't know yet. The Xbox One is looking worse and worse, though I really do think we need to see how publishers handle things on that end. Sony is giving publishers the same ability that Microsoft is, they just haven't put an infrastructure around it. That doesn't really say good things for either company.

What it looks like is winning out for me is the pricing. Sony's console will be amazingly more affordable for me, compared to the 360.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
delve
Orodrist wrote:PC
Yes.

Though perhaps in a few years I'll see which one is cheap and worthwhile. I did finally get a Wii about 2 years ago after all.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
None of the above.

I may consider a PS4 in the future, but well after launch day (likely when we start receiving rumors about the PS5 :wink: ). Until then, I'm quite content to stick with computer gaming and maybe - MAYBE - finally finishing some of the games I have for my Wii.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
In all seriousness, I'm not getting any. I'm far happier on my PC, which is already more powerful than any of them.

If I was to choose between them, the PS4 is looking like the prime choice, especially considering that they dropped the cell architecture. Oh, and being cheaper and less restrictive.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Wii U has the new Super smash Bros. But the PS4 has all those cool games. I guess I will get the PS4.

― Criss Jami
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
I doubt I'll run out and buy any next gen system on launch day, but out of the three PS4 for sure. I may get a Wii U in a couple years, depending on the library at the time.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
LAVA89
Putting aside PC (since, the question *is* about those 3 systems). And its not like the PC's existence is new. Its always been an alternative to the consoles.

I'm probably going with Wii U.

If its like the last generation, most of the Xbox games I feel like getting will be able to be played on the PC and I already have a 360 controller. And there weren't many PS3 games that really caught my eye. So the Wii will probably that system again that has games that I want and aren't already on a superior system.

All of this DRM stuff has ruled out the Xbox for me and I still don't trust the PS4. So the Wii U wins in that regard.

Plus, I'm a pretty big fan of platformers. And by far, the Wii U will have more of those. Though I am curious about how Knack will turn out and if Sony wants to make more platformers.

And oh yeah, Sonic: Lost World. Which has sold the Wii U more for me than Mario 3D World or Nintendoland ever has. Not just because I'm a Sonic fan, but because for once it looks like Sega is putting extra effort into their game while Nintendo keeps trying to play things safe (Nintendoland = bunch of mini-games with Mario's face on it, Mario 3D World = Mario 3D Land with multiplayer and a catsuit...this is seriously intended to be the successor to Mario Galaxy??).

Not that my opinion holds too much weight, its far too early before I even think of getting a new system considering pricing, early launch system glitches and limited game libraries.
FamilyFriendlyGaming
Already have a Wii U, 3DS, and Vita. Will get both the Xbox One and PS4. How quickly depends on Microsoft, Sony, and how many games we get in for review. We had quite a few games waiting on the Wii U's arrival last year which encouraged us to purchase one since Nintendo flaked on sending us one. :)