Hasbro introduces a transsexual superhero

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
http://savingourfuture.com/2013/05/hasb ... superhero/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The main character is a 12-year-old boy named Guy who gets powers from a magic ring. It all sounds pretty standard, except that Guy’s superpower is to turn into a girl. Uttering the phrase “You go, girl,”
Sometimes I'm glad we don't get cable....
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
If it makes you guys feel better, this sounds painfully close to a filipina superhero, Zsazsa Zaturnnah.

Now, ccgr, I want to credit you with an objective title as opposed to the one given for the cited article. You don't have to agree or like the new development, but calling it an indoctrination would not be accurate. I suppose, of course, one can call it indoctrination if this includes teaching kids that transexuals are people two and shouldn't be treated like freaks. Or maybe it's too empower women. I don't know.

While it's gender bending, it's not clear if it concerns itself with sexuality. And you know, there is still much fun to be had with gender bending. I laughed my fill at Bugs Bunny singing as an opera singer, wooing Elmer Fudd, not to mention Mrs. Doubtfire and other movies.

I'm trying not to jump to any conclusions, but the whole premise seems overwrought and what gags they can pull from it, I'm not sure will remain fresh throughout the episodes. Maybe it will, I don't know. But from what I seen that wasn't a conservative blog or syndicate reeling at the idea, it really doesn't seem a whole lot more than gender gags. I guess there is some on breaking down the male archetype, which is something I find tiresome.

Anyhow, here's the intro:
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
I found it to be more humorous than offensive, but then again, I actually watched Looney Toons as a kid. Bugs seemed totally fine with kissing men and everybody was fine with that.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
But he did it for the lulz.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
It's honestly something I don't want our son to watch. It's bad enough he has two sisters and no brothers but I don't him him thinking he has to wear a dress to be powerful. :\ I'm happy that he pretends to be Mario or Epic Mickey walking around with a paint brush :D
IBJamon
Site Admin
Site Admin
I just watched the intro. Kind of disturbing. At times they call him a girl, and at other times a boy. Pretty strange. At least in Ranma 1/2 (which immediately came to mind) the male hero becomes an actual girl. And they are honest about the obvious sexual tension that brings. This is perhaps a westernized version of that (with obvious political agenda, instead of just absurd laughs).

What a crazy world we live in.

IBJamon
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
anytime we think the gays will take over the world, I remember the bisexuality of ancient Greece and say "oh, this perceived harbinger of the apocalypse isn't the end of the world." At least our kids don't pleasure their older tutors in payment for training to become warriors.

THAT'S a crazy world.
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
delve
"You go, girl"? I suppose that's one way to attempt a cultural coup.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I feel it should only ever be said if accompanied by a series of sassy black woman snaps. A Z pattern is ideal.

But, I should ask a follow up question, is it better or worse than "Grrrrlll power!"
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

delve
At least it's spllllld correctly.
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
IBJamon wrote:Ranma 1/2 (which immediately came to mind)
Hey, me too.

I dunno, I'd have to know about the show to comment. And I have little interest in finding out, since I don't have kids in that demographic... or at all. I don't even know if it's trying to make a political statement, although it wouldn't surprise me if it was.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."