Lord of the Rings Online [LOTRO - MMORPG]

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
LizMarr
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
I jumped on this site hoping to find some playing buddies but so far I have not found mention of LOTRO. LOTRO is a pretty basic game as to premise, after that 'basic' goes out of the picture.

PVP
It is NOT human to human PVP, instead they have something they call PvMP. PvMP is a zone type fighting area which are players of a particular level against monsters of an equal level created by players. Enough said.

Tolkien
The premise is simply to explore the world that Tolkien created and do quests that related to the story and it was relative to that zone. The zones follow the writings, most commonly the trilogy, but also the hobbit and simularian. (sorry about that spelling) We have Shire, Bree, Moria, Lothlorien, Wold, and places in between.

The most common draw, besides the young folks who should get an award in pestering, it the Tolkien adventure part. As you travel about a Tolkien fan will be noting the familiar places and how they look just as was imagined. I go into parts of the play knowing that such person would have his demise in the story and sure they do. It makes me sad.

Game Play
I am the member of a kindred (guild) that is Tolkien fans. There are also kins for RPG, PvMP, Raiding, all that expected as other games. If you are looking for a less intense game with a storyline you might think of this one. Groups are called, what else, Fellowships (Fellows)

Liz Marr, aka Aleyne
LOTRO - Landroval Server (2 years)

Also past played WoW (5 year), EQII (5 year) Rift (few months this year) and Runescape and Guildwars (infrequent enough to remember)

(ps. how do I get rid of the fat guy who has been arrested for sex abuse? I see a few others waiting to pop up at me.)
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
We used to have a LOTRO guild a while ago. I'm not sure what happened to it.

(ps. how do I get rid of the fat guy who has been arrested for sex abuse? I see a few others waiting to pop up at me.)
Pardon?
LizMarr
Noob
Noob
I FOUND IT!!!!!

FIREFOX ADD-ON THAT SNUCK IN FROM SOMEONE. SORRY TO SCARE YOU.

He seems to be gone, got a couple others advertising computers and such. The offensive one was saying that you could click on the ad to find out if you have ever been reported for the crime. Weird. They seem to be pop-up advertising attached to particular words. What do they call that? Targeted marketing?

When I opened a second copy of this thread the ad was this one: [Link Removed] not sure what it will be when anyone else looks at it. Either that or I got a bug and need to have it removed. I haven't had that one before.

Please don't link to ads in your posts. Thanks - Krytae
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
Could be. I've never seen an ad like that before on this website.

It would be nice if you would introduce yourself in this thread:
http://www.christcenteredgamer.com/phpB ... Tonk1flp8E

Check out the forum rules as well:
http://www.christcenteredgamer.com/phpB ... TooMlflp8E

Since you're new to the forum, this is a good post to read for getting started:
http://www.christcenteredgamer.com/phpB ... TooZFflp8E

Welcome to the forums. :D
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
We don't have popups or text advertising here. Just a Google banner on the bottom that's pretty harmless. I'd scan your PC for malware.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
If you're using Firefox, then look into the AdBlockPlus add-on. It helps to block the majority of ads on the 'net.
blacksinow
I like to roleplay, and the annoying community of LOTRO has prevented me from enjoying it. I like playing as a rune-keeper, and becauseTolkien's kid says that they can't ever exist or shouldn't be able to in an interview, the whole roleplaying community doesn't want to believe it. This is why I actively seek a better MMORPG that isn't connected to Funcom, NC Soft, or Activision.
TheDad
Noob
Noob
What server is everyone on? I've been almost entirely on Arkenstone since I started playing LOTRO in April 2012.
All spheres of thought, be they Science or Philosophy or Religion, require a step of Faith.
blacksinow
After I learned that you are expected to take your class's official role, I left this game for something more freeform.
llNobleNinjall
Noob
Noob
I play lotro and would love to play with some of you guys. I play on windfola but I could switch over to another one if need be.