Don't Starve

For all those action games like Mario, Mega Man, Zelda, God of War, and stuff.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Not really sure what category this falls under, but my sister and I just started playing this (you get two keys with a single purchase).

me gusta. Anyone else play? And if you have to ask what it is, your time would be better spent googling it.

Also. A tree just came to life and killed me o_o
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
I can't google it if I don't know what it is.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should've been more specific." -Lily Tomlin
GarthVader
VIP Member
VIP Member
It's a game. And the title is ... *Reads title of thread* "Don't Starve"

So yeah. ;)
Legionnaire
Noob
Noob
Randomly Generated New Worlds:
Want a new map? No problem! At any time you can generate a new living and breathing world that hates you and wants you to die.
Read that line on the game's website, and I almost bought the game right then and there. It's always more fun when the game generally hates you. :D
"For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth comes knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
haha yeah, the title says it all.

I'm mostly kidding about the googling thing--I generally end up announcing that at some point in the thread so I just came right out with it :P

In all seriousness, it's about a man named Wilson (or one of the other characters you unlock) who gets taken by a demon to another realm in which he must, well, survive. The game really does want to kill you, too :P You have to be careful to maintain your supply of food as well as wood for your fire. You can unlock more tools via the different "Science Machines."

The game's artwork is pretty cool as well. It feels like... I dunno, Tim Burton :P very very Tim Burton.

If you want to see gameplay, here's a video (and a shameless plug of Ethoslab, because he's awesome):

My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Looks more like Tom Hanks to me. Movie wise, anyways. Or Tom Cruise.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
DeadManReedeemed wrote:Looks more like Tom Hanks to me. Movie wise, anyways. Or Tom Cruise.
I'm pretty sure Soup was talking about in a visionary/artistic-director sort of way.
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Pheonix wrote:
DeadManReedeemed wrote:Looks more like Tom Hanks to me. Movie wise, anyways. Or Tom Cruise.
I'm pretty sure Soup was talking about in a visionary/artistic-director sort of way.
the bags under the eyes are a dead giveaway :P
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Wait, if the main character's name is Wilson, is he like a volleyball? Or does he spend the entire game looking over a fence and talking to his next door neighbor?
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
Drewsov wrote:Wait, if the main character's name is Wilson, is he like a volleyball? Or does he spend the entire game looking over a fence and talking to his next door neighbor?
I'm not sure I quite understand your reference. Would you care to explain it to me?

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should've been more specific." -Lily Tomlin
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Oh, the first reference is about a movie of a guy who gets stranded on an island,
and the only thing keeping him company is a volleyball he named Wilson.
I am not sure where the second reference is from.

Anyways, as for the other reason why I bumped this is because I am now playing the game. :mrgreen:

After several deaths, I finally am on day 22 on default mode,
and it's snowing... and Wilson is getting cold... and I am without a fluffy hat.
This is going to get crazy.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Dear sweet monkey fudge...what is wrong with the world when people don't catch a "Home Improvement" reference? O_o
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Hmm... I guess I wouldn't know.
I never seen Home Improvement.
(Which may have been a fatal mistake. XD )
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
Chozon1 wrote:Dear sweet monkey fudge...what is wrong with the world when people don't catch a "Home Improvement" reference? O_o
Too many things, Chozon, too many things.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Drewsov wrote:Wait, if the main character's name is Wilson, is he like a volleyball? Or does he spend the entire game looking over a fence and talking to his next door neighbor?
squeezing his apples XD