So has anyone managed to buy a Wii-U yet?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Hunh. :|

Interesting. I like it.

As for me, I don't think my parents are gonna want to get the deluxe set- if we DO get Wii U, that is. I think that the idea I presented to make getting a Wii U easier will be a better suggestion for them.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
They're expensive right now. And they don't seem to have a plethora of great launch titles. You have some HD ports, a Mario reboot, but that's pretty much the show. We've actually seen a fair amount of the launch titles before on other platforms.

That, and ZombiU fell flat on it's face.

The future of gaming is here, and it's not glorious. It's not even shiny.
[Insert witty afterthought here]
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
You forgot Pikmin 3. :o
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
JOJ650s wrote:You forgot Pikmin 3. :o
I did. It seems to be one of a very few number of titles that can leverage the Wii U's higher processing power, HD graphics, better online connectivity and new controller capabilities all at once.

But Arkham City is nothing new to the gaming world, neither is Assassins Creed III (well, at not exclusive at least). Those two titles pretty much have the Wii U launch on their back, next to that new Mario Bros and Pikmin 3.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
ScotchRobbins wrote:They're expensive right now. And they don't seem to have a plethora of great launch titles. You have some HD ports, a Mario reboot, but that's pretty much the show. We've actually seen a fair amount of the launch titles before on other platforms.

That, and ZombiU fell flat on it's face.

The future of gaming is here, and it's not glorious. It's not even shiny.
New Super Mario Bros. U is actually a new game. Not a reboot.

You forgot a number of exclusives. The games that are ports are there to win existing Nintendo fans some awesome games, plus they expand interface significantly using the GamePad.

So nyah. :P
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
Time to counter your Nyah.

What's the major selling factor for this console? I have $250, but I have no reason to get it. I had a Wii, which was cool until I discovered all the PS3 could do (supposedly everything).

Now I can game in HD. So what's the point?
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
ScotchRobbins wrote:
I did. It seems to be one of a very few number of titles that can leverage the Wii U's higher processing power, HD graphics, better online connectivity and new controller capabilities all at once.

But Arkham City is nothing new to the gaming world, neither is Assassins Creed III (well, at not exclusive at least). Those two titles pretty much have the Wii U launch on their back, next to that new Mario Bros and Pikmin 3.

You forgot Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing: Transformed, too.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
ScotchRobbins wrote: It's not even shiny.
Naaaah

<_<
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
DeadManReedeemed wrote:
ScotchRobbins wrote:

You forgot Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing: Transformed, too.
not sure anyone else was thinking of that one :P
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Drewsov
CCGR addict
ScotchRobbins wrote:Time to counter your Nyah.

What's the major selling factor for this console? I have $250, but I have no reason to get it. I had a Wii, which was cool until I discovered all the PS3 could do (supposedly everything).

Now I can game in HD. So what's the point?
You're talking about the console's "killer app". Not gonna lie, I don't think there is one at the moment. But that doesn't mean that there won't be, and it certainly doesn't mean that the new Mario is a "reboot".

Dude, I worked a video game store alone at both the Wii and PS3 launches. I can tell you firsthand that neither of those consoles had something massively desirable at launch, but that they soon got that. Everyone who isn't a diehard fan, or who is smart about tech, knows that the best solution for a new game console is to wait until the launch lineup solidifies, and until the system is proven. This is why certain consoles or handheld systems never made it, like the 3DO or the N-Gage or the WonderSwan. But did those systems have great games? The WonderSwan certainly did. The Dreamcast did. And the Wii U absolutely will.

Anyway, according to interviews, Reggie Fils-Aime says that we should buy the Wii U because of social network integration. I... don't need more of that, personally.

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
Drewsov wrote:Anyway, according to interviews, Reggie Fils-Aime says that we should buy the Wii U because of social network integration. I... don't need more of that, personally.
That's like buying a car for the air conditioner inside it.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
So I returned the basic at Target since none of my friends wanted it. Picked up the Deluxe at best buy, couldn't believe they had a good amount on the shelf at 7PM. Downloading the 5GB updates now, expect a review soon!
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
My mom somehow got a hold of one. I'm not sure how...
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Cheryl, either you or Jay should pick up and play through ZombiU.

I'm hearing it's the unsung "amazing game" of the early launch lineup.

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
It looks pretty amazing. I have an unsettling feeling that ZombieU is going to be the Wii U's Red Steel. Hopefully not though. :D

Oddly, I haven't asked for or attempted to get a Wii U. When the Wii came out I camped for it. College has sort of broken my life, I 'spose. I'm planning on getting one, but not this year. Perhaps next Christmas, or if I can afford it throughout the year.

Lack of killer app aside, I love the idea of the tech.