Your favorite city sim

Pedal to the metal. See ya at the finish line.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Wildebear
Are you human?: Yes!
Okay, I've been playing City Sims for over 3 years now and I must say that 70% of them are a bit hard to enjoy at first, to be honest, using cheats made playing the somewhat dull games a bit more fun.

So a lot of people back Sim City 4 as one of the best sims(totally agree), but it came out 7/8 years ago! What is happening?
Yes, city sims are still being released, but none of them gives that satisfaction of SC4. Oh the joy of running bankrupt in SC4 was so great. You get angry and depressed...and after a while, you go back and try again(just like sims). Not to mention the Sim you could control with a good amount of vehicles you could choose from. Rush hour also added the transportation system which was a great addition.

Today you have games like Cities in Motion and Cities XL. Though they offer good game play, they just get boring too fast. I don't know if you guys would agree, but a remake of SC4 would be awesome. The classic sims just feel a lot more interesting. I would add better graphics and easier game play for casual gamers. Add small concepts from Cities XL and Cities in motions to create a bigger scale...and there you have it, a balanced remake of SC4. I would also add a multiplayer concept where people can build cities which join to create a region or nation.(would be great)

So I'm just asking, what is your favorite city sim or if you could, what would you have created?
“Conquer yourself rather than the world.”
― René Descartes
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I played Cities in Motion, I thought it was okay. There was never enough money to do what I wanted to I hacked my gold. :) Never played SimCity games so I can't compare.
Wildebear
ccgr wrote:I played Cities in Motion, I thought it was okay. There was never enough money to do what I wanted to I hacked my gold. :) Never played SimCity games so I can't compare.
I use Cheat Engine now and then. 8)
While Cities XL has cheats available in the game menu!
But a lot of city building games' sandbox mode makes everything very easier and boring.
I don't really like cheating, but it's just games, I get them for enjoyment(FPS, RTS) or learning basics(Sims) or history(GSG).
“Conquer yourself rather than the world.”
― René Descartes
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I only cheat in single player games..It helps me get through them faster so I can review them faster. I would never cheat on a multiplayer game.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I played the original Sim city on the SNES for hours.
SSquared
Hey cool! I like tycoon/sim games but they don't seem to be that popular anymore. I actually really like Roller Coaster Tycoon and Zoo Tycoon, but those aren't city sims. I have Sim City Deluxe for the iPod touch, but haven't gotten all that into it yet.

My favorite city building game right now is "Virtual City HD" on the iPad from G5 Entertainment. It's surprisingly more in-depth than I expected. It's not quite as involved as Sim City, but has a good amount of depth and is very satisfying as a portable game. It is also available for Windows and Mac.
ohnolookout
VIP Member
VIP Member
Discovered I had Sim City 2000 installed and within 5 minutes, I was hooked again. haha

Made a mistake and took out a bond at the wrong time (which is any time, really) and now I'm down to 2k dollars. Lowering taxes and expanding, so hopefully when I raise taxes again I'll get my money back.
Si ergo Filius vos liberaverit vere liberi eritis
Syksy
I agree with Sim City 4 being one of the best. It's really a shame there's no remake.

One thing I'd suggest taking a look at is Transport Tycoon Deluxe. Although not a city sim, it comes very close. It's about building roads, railways, airports and harbors and transporting stuff. The cities develop spontaneously based on how well they're connected, sponsored etc. The game came out 1995 and I played it as a kid really a lot. There's nowadays a project called Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe (OpenTTD), which should be open-source free version of TTD available for most platforms. I even have it on my UNIX-based Nokia phone :) below is an example screenshot.

You can find me from the CCGR Steam-group, feel free to add me as a friend!
jester747
Forum Moderator
THE SCREEN HAS BEEN SLAIN
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.
blacksinow
I really liked Sim City 4.... I really did... but honestly, my heart by far has to go to Sim City 3000 because the music was simply amazing. What really got me against Sim City 4 was the expansion, I didn't really like it all that much and considered it to be nothing more an Maxis' way of wasting time.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Remake of Sim City 4? What are you talking about?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Oh, man. I've been waiting for that for years
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
M_Unlimited
I love sim city, I hope the new one is as good as the old ones. I have Sim City 2000, 3000 and Sim city 4 deluxe. A friend got me hoked on it. I think that is when I got into pc games. I played on the Nintendo before that. Then he got me into Halo for the pc, then I got my Xbox for the other Halo games lol

:( I miss my friend....
@Cheryl: Thanks for a wonderful community. It is a pleasure and honor to be a part of it.

Image ssss

Av0vo
Noob
Noob
ArchAngel wrote:Remake of Sim City 4? What are you talking about?
Nuff Said.
jester747
Forum Moderator
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.