Courageous

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Anyone planning on seeing this?

http://www.courageousthemovie.com/

We don't do movies with 3 kids but I will definitely add this to my rental queue
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I have doubts that I won't see it eventually. But I stopped going to theaters after I realized people wet themselves during movies, and then I sit in that seat.
BigBrother
Noob
Noob
I am definitely going to go see this movie. One of my friends and his wife saw it with their small group last night and they said it was amazing. Life changing even.

I've decided to get a group of people together to go see it and go through the study guides.

I just don't see how a person can pass up an opportunity to learn how to be a better husband/wife or parent.
FamilyFriendlyGaming
Saw it a few months back at an early screener for community leaders. I hate to say this, but I was not impressed with it. I loved Fireproof and Facing the Giants.

Part of my displeasure is their huge marketing campaign. They are selling books related to the movie, and clothing, etc. It just feels like they are trying to make a lot of money off of it. Which bothers me.

Another issue is they are attacking men. Some people complained that Fireproof was a little anti-man. He gave up everything for her, and she gave up nothing. Not exactly a balance there.

Back to Courageous.
Spoiler:
It comes across as too preachy. There is a lot of great humor. I felt it was not realistic though. The one character that goes bad - he turns over a new leaf once in jail. Sorry I don't buy that. I would expect him to be bitter. Not immediately see the light. The end scene is so unrealistic that it made me sick. They have a police shootout, and once the bad guys start to run they decide to chase them down and subdue them. Cops would shoot them once they had a clean shot. The girl ran so they had a clean shot. But they had to end with a fist fight. The whole thing about dressing up, and putting it on a plaque bothered us as well (Yolanda was at the showing too). She thought that was stupid. Make a big ordeal out of it that costs money. Both of us believe in just doing it. Do it day to day. The women just fall into line in this movie, which does not accurately represent the general population as well. At least one should have been portrayed as not understanding to give some drama. Or the teenage daughter not getting it - something.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Flywheel, their earliest/earlier movie was that way.
jester747
Forum Moderator
FamilyFriendlyGaming wrote:
Another issue is they are attacking men. Some people complained that Fireproof was a little anti-man. He gave up everything for her, and she gave up nothing. Not exactly a balance there.
Sir, it's called chivalry.

And there's not supposed to be a balance. Man was created for God, but Women were created for Men.

Honestly, women are a gift we never deserved. It's annoying that most guys don't know that.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
True love goes both ways and is not self serving.
PMJ
Noob
Noob
I am looking forward to seeing this movie as it will be coming to Brisbane, Australia soon. I have seen the preview and my friend at Fathering Adventures (www.fatheringadventures.com.au) highly recommends this movie. :D :)
What is Love?
Alex Kidd
Noob
Noob
I saw this movie last night with my wife and we both really liked it. I had a few minor issues with it but overall it is great. I think this movie will make some feminists pretty upset but I agree with Jester that it is not balanced. Men are called to be the leaders of their household. Everyone will have to answer to God for their actions but when it comes to the family, men especially so. God will one day ask you "what did you do with this family I gave you" and many will say "I did better than average... I think" but I want for my answer to be "I sought to daily to lead and care for them, not how the World says to but how Scripture says to". Modeling my household after Scripture is so anti-cultural that even within the church I am/will be considered pretty weird and/or extreme. This is ok with me, I dont do what I do to fit in I do it as an act of worship.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Good man, you sexist punk.

>.>

:D

First part of that sentence amigo.
Alex Kidd
Noob
Noob
Chozon1 wrote:Good man, you sexist punk.

>.>

:D

First part of that sentence amigo.
LOL... I agree. Also sweet homestar avatar. I havent watched it in a while but new strongbad emails use to be the highlight of my week.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Dunno who originally put it in the gallery, but I do love me some Homestar. Thankee.
Alex Kidd
Noob
Noob
Any one else see the Duggars ( from that 18 Kids and Counting show) in the background? They were extras in the movie. I only saw them in one scene, Im not sure if they were in others or not.
bgpablo
Courageous is on video!!! I'm going to buy it right away! When I saw it in the theatre, I was so challenged to be a better man for God and for my family. I think it also put a fire in me for my school work, which is in a bit of a rut right now.

I am so glad those guys listened to their calling from God and made these movies. Before Courageous, Facing the Giants really moved me.

I feel like these movies are a great new way for the Church to reach the unchurched!
BG
If a tree falls and no one is there to hear it... well, we can be glad that we're all safe!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
We borrowed it, but have yet to watch it. I'm actually looking forward to it now, since I've heard the movies keep getting better.

Either way, I agree with your sentiments of being thankful there's someone making this kind of movie.