The Witcher 2

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
firefek
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
Hi, I'm new to this forum but I have a question for you guys.

A friend of mine recently gave me a copy of The Witcher 2, much to the horror of my parents, but I have heard very good things about it recently. I'm guessing from a Christian standpoint the game obviously fails because it has sex, graphic violence, magic and monsters. Could I ask, roughly what rating would it be given?
GarthVader
VIP Member
VIP Member
By rating given, are you speaking of the score that this website would give it? I have never personally written a review, so I cannot say for sure, but having played the Witcher 2 (and LOVING it but also being APPALLED at the content) I would have to say that it would score very low.

The sexual content is very graphic (read: horrendous); I was very disappointed with that aspect and it has kept me from playing through the game again.

The violence is pretty rough, too, but I've seen much much worse and didn't find it too troubling (for me, at least).

The language was worst in the first game, in my opinion, but it's still pretty harsh here. Just about every word in the book is used, not only in sequences of dialogue, but also from the random chatter found throughout the cities.

I hope you find this helpful. Technically, The Witcher 2 is a masterpiece of gaming wonder. "Morally," it's a mess.
firefek
Noob
Noob
I see, thanks a bunch. I sort of expected as much. It's almost kind of funny, my parents were repulsed enough by the title having the word witch inside it. Looks like I won't be playing it.
Ruebeard
Noob
Noob
there is a pending review by one of our members. Keep a look out for it!
"Not all who wander are lost" J. R. R. Tolkien