Fictional Character Bracket

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts

Should we do a second bracket?

Yes!
100%
No.
No votes
Maybe later.
No votes

Total votes: 4
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
JesusIsLord713 wrote: She hasn't demostrated her powers a whole lot, but from what I've seen she can be pretty strong if nature calls for it. She lives on a spaceship out in the middle of nowhere. How she travels though is amazing, she uses the powers of the power stars to transform her ship into a comet and go at super fast speeds. The spaceship is pretty much immune at this point, blasting through Bowser's airships as if there just annoying toys. She also has a special powerup star that allows the user to fly for a limited time. Even without the star Rosalina can also fly, but for most of the time she just floats. She can also produce a temporary force field to block damage. She can also spin attack like Mario does in the Galaxy series. Most of her power takes star Power Stars and Grand Stars to use and if lost she can be pretty hopeless.
Actually, judging from the ending of Super Mario Galaxy....
Spoiler:
Some people have interpreted the ending to imply that Rosalina is actually God, as the creator of the universe and all the galaxies. You know how Bowser's goal was to basically remake the universe in his own image? Ros has already done that - and all the characters from the game are living within her creation. You can see the ending sequence here.
Oh, and I apologize for the link I provided earlier. I didn't realize the sound quality on that episode was so bad. Hopefully it's not too terrible that you don't get the gist of how everything goes down. :)

And since I'm at it....
#1 Bowser vs #16 MC Silverfish
#8 Clone Trooper vs #9 Boo
#5 Dr. Robotnik/Eggman vs #12 MC Spider
#4 Rosilina vs #13 Bob the Tomato
#6 Baby Luigi vs #11 Bomb-omb
#3 Captain America vs #14 Larry the Cucumber
#7 Stormtrooper vs #10 Yellow Bird
#2 Luigi vs #15 Koopa Troopa
Bowser will easily win a fight with the silverfish. Even if the silverfish summons its allies, he would be able to use his fiery breath, or withdraw into his spiky shell and spin, until all the anooying little bugs are defeated. I wish I could do that in Minecraft. BOWSER WINS!

Clone Trooper vs. Boo... I presume that this would be a Boo Buddy? In any case, stormtroopers tend to be pretty dumb, and wildly inaccurate shots - clone troopers moreso than others. It would probably get frustrated that he couldn't hit the thing while he's staring right at it (since they often turn intangible when they're being watched) and eventually just give up. BOO WINS!

Dr. Robotnik vs Spider? This would be a rather lopsided battle - a mechanical genius vs. ... a giant spider. And not even the poisonous variety. EGGMAN WINS!

Rosalina vs. Bob the Tomato? Interesting match-up. I wonder if Bob could convince Rosalina to become a Christian? And although fierce, Ros also tends to have a kind, nurturing nature as well. Is it possible to declare a draw? If not, I'd give the nod to Rosalina, simply because she's got more offensive powers.

Baby Luigi vs. Bob-Omb. Now, keep in mind that the only place I've seen Baby Luigi has been the Mario Kart / Party games, and the ending of Super Mario World 2. That being said, since he's more than capable of driving a baby stroller over the finish line, he'd be more than able to defeat one of the more standard Mario enemies. BABY LUIGI WINS!

Captain America vs. Larry the Cucumber. That's not really an even match up, is it? But what if he were... LARRY-BOY! With his super-suction ears and his incredible vehicle... he'd still probably lose. But Captain America would go easy on him. Larry would survive, and the Captain would let him down gently with a speech about the American Way, and commending him for his belief in God. CAPTAIN AMERICA WINS!

Stormtrooper vs. Yellow Bird? As mentioned above, stormtroopers couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if their lives depended on it. (I remember one video game called Dark Forces, a third-person shooter where you could get stormtrooper blasters. Sure enough, even if your targeting reticule was on what you wanted to blast, the shots would go wild. It was comical, really.) While the stormtrooper might get lucky, more than likely he'll end up unconscious with a face full of feathers. YELLOW BIRD WINS!

Last match up ... if Luigi can't even beat a Koopa Troopa, he has no right to call himself a Mario brother. LUIGI WINS!
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Your picks have been implemented!

The matchups were funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Info on the next batch should be here shortly!
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ZappierVirus wrote: #1 Flash vs #16 MC Endermite
#8 Skull the Troll vs #9 Herman Munster
#5 Baby Mario vs #12 Red Bird
#4 Sonic vs #13 Dr. Doofenshmirtz
#6 Peach vs #11 MC Skeleton
#3 Elsa vs #14 B1 Battle Droid
#7 River Tam vs #10 White Bird

#1 Zoom vs #16 Goomba
#8 Perry the Platypus vs #9 Piranha Plant
#5 Katniss Everdeen vs #12 Blue Birds
#4 Captain Cold vs #13 Conan the Barbarian
#6 MC Enderman vs #11 Cookie Monster
#3 Bowser Jr. vs #14 Ghast
#7 MC Wither Skeleton vs #10 Daisy
#2 Iron Man vs #15 Codex
OK, let's see if I can wrap this up....

Flash vs. a teleporting bug? I think Flash has this in the bag. FLASH WINS!

Skull vs. Herman Munster wouldn't be much of a battle. Not only are both of them nearly invulnerable, they also aren't terribly aggressive. They'd probably spend most of the "match" telling jokes and making each other burst into laughter. Before too long, Skull will wander off to play video games, and Herman Munster would head home to comfort his family after their embarrassing losses. HERMAN MNSTER WINS!

Baby Mario vs. Red Bird would be an odd match-up. The baby may not have a whole lot of offensive strength, but like Baby Luigi, has shown to be capable of driving go-karts and playing board games. If Baby Mario were riding Yoshi - as he did in his first appearance in Super Mario World 2 - then his success is virtually guaranteed. I'd give Baby Mario the edge, simply because of his versatility.

As for Sonic vs. Doof, I think Sonic would easily take it. Most of Doofenshmirtz's (did I spell that right? Ah well) traps are designed to capture platypi, not overcaffeinated hedgehogs. And he's shown a tendency to be outsmarted by small mammals in the past anyway... as well as plants. SONIC WINS!

Peach vs. the Minecraft Skeleton wouldn't be much of a match, either. She could use her umbrella to deflect the arrows until she closed within range to smack it to powder. Peach may be a princess, but she's far from delicate. PEACH WINS!

Elsa vs. a Star Wars Battle Droid... you know, I don't think I've seen a "battle droid." Unless it's those dumb things from the first of the prequel movies. If that's the case, then Elsa definitely wins. All she has to do is make the floor slippery. They'll slide into a wall of ice spikes and that's the end of that. ELSA WINS!

River Tam vs. White Bird? She'd bat the bird out of the air and then eat the egg. RIVER TAM WINS!

Zoom vs. a goomba... Little Goomba, or Big Goomba? In either case, all Zoom has to do is remember to jump on top of it, and not run smack into it. Zoom is another Flash clone, isn't he? Seem to be a lot of those in this challenge. In any case, ZOOM WINS!

Perry the Platypus vs. a Piranha Plant won't be much of a challenge, either. Perry is extremely resourceful, and the plant is a stationary object. Perry will easily win this one. Probably by using Doof's defoliageinator that happened to be in the same room. For good measure, Perry will hit the "self destruct" button after shooting the piranha plant, too. PERRY the PLATYPUS WINS!

As for Katniss vs the Blue Birds... she would be able to shoot one of the birds out of the air, but be struck by the other two. Although damaged, she could survive their attack. Unlike the birds. KATNISS WINS!

Captain Cold vs. Conan the Barbarian? I'm not sure who Captain Cold is... probably another Flash villain, right? Unfortunately for him, Conan comes from a realm of ice and snow. Being a barbarian, he's known to walk around in a blizzard... shirtless, of course. Once Conan gets close enough, the captain will be the one out cold. CONAN WINS!

Enderman vs. Cookie Monster... is the Enderman carrying a cookie block? No? Then Cookie Monster would probably lose focus, much to his own undoing. ENDERMAN WINS! (Darn... part of me was hoping Cookie Monster could take it all... ;) )

Bowser Jr. vs Ghast... you know, the Ghast is one of the few Minecraft creatures I haven't run into yet. Probably a good thing, right? In any case, I think Bowser might have an edge because he's pretty stubborn and has a nice selection of weapons to choose from. If he's on his airship with the cannons, then the ghast may have a chance to set it on fire... but not much of a chance before being pelted by Bullet Bills. BOWSER JR. WINS!

The Wither Skeleton vs. Daisy... odd match-up, especially since we just saw an identical battle with Peach vs. Skeleton. I don't see a difference in the outcome, either. DAISY WINS!

Iron Man vs. Codex would be an easy victory for Iron Man, too. He wouldn't even need to land a blow. All Tony has to do is take off his helmet, wink, and compliment Codex. She'd either melt into a gibbering puddle or run into a corner screaming. Maybe a combination of both. She always has had trouble with handsome men who shows an interest in her, and we all know that Tony has a way with the ladies. IRON MAN WINS!

I think that's all of them!
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
I will be reading these later today, but we differ greatly on one thing! #4 Captain Cold vs #13 Conan the Barbarian. I have Captain Cold winning the whole thing, while you have him losing in the first round! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
I post too much.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Lol! I think I'm gonna drop out of this now, to much work. Plus I never started on my bracket, and most of the characters I don't even know their abilities. Glad I could provide some info on Mario and MC characters and ranking them!
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
I smell the makings of a book here...
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
That is all of them!

Some information:

Zoom very similar to The Flash. Zoom is a tad bit slower, but has a bit more in the wits department. Zoom seems to have lost his nerve in the finale, he was defeated by Flash's friends, without the Flash's help. Embarrassing loss there. Distraction work well on speedsters.

I am 95% sure that you spelled Dr. D's name right.

The battle droids that I was referring to are the "dumb things from the prequel movies" :lol:

I think that it is a good thing that you have not seen a ghast. They an be very annoying sometimes.

Wither Skeleton uses a sword instead of a bow, but would probably still lose.

My reasoning on why Captain Cold beats Conan.
Conan might be strong and tough, and he might walk through snowstorms, and he would definitely beat Cold in a fistfight, but there are a number of reasons that a fistfight would never happen.

First, lets review Cold's weapon. Basically, it is a handheld flamethrower, but he projectile is cold instead of hot. And I mean cold. Really cold. Colder than blizzard cold. Absolute Zero cold (no kidding). It seems to have settings for cooling to object it hits, or trapping the target in ice.

Captain Cold is probably at least 10 times smarter than Conan, and would have a game plan thought up in advance.

The round starts. Conan starts moving toward Cold, who is already backing up and aiming his weapon. Conan decides to charge, but before he starts moving Cold fires, and Conan finds his feet frozen to the floor. Conan bends down to break the ice with a strong fist, but Cold fires again and Conan's head is turned into a block of ice. Captain Cold Wins! (Brain freeze, literally :lol: )
I post too much.
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
I am going to post the first chunk of matchups!

Voting Guide:
You get 8 votes to cast.
Don't vote for both players in 1 matchup.
Example:
Zoom Vs
Goomba
Mario Vs
Endermite

You would NOT vote for Zoom and Goomba or Mario and Endermite. Treat the "VS" as "or".

Don't be biased! Poll ends 5/30/16. Ties are decided by a coin flip.
I post too much.
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
I like it as it sits myself.
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
BlockHeadLewie wrote:I like it as it sits myself.
Pardon me, but what does that mean?
I post too much.
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
I know the 'vs' was to be read as 'or' but it just looks natural this way for some reason:
Zoom Vs Goomba
and
Mario Vs Endermite
LoL
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
OK. That makes more since! Thanks!
I post too much.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ZappierVirus wrote: My reasoning on why Captain Cold beats Conan.
Conan might be strong and tough, and he might walk through snowstorms, and he would definitely beat Cold in a fistfight, but there are a number of reasons that a fistfight would never happen.

First, lets review Cold's weapon. Basically, it is a handheld flamethrower, but he projectile is cold instead of hot. And I mean cold. Really cold. Colder than blizzard cold. Absolute Zero cold (no kidding). It seems to have settings for cooling to object it hits, or trapping the target in ice.

Captain Cold is probably at least 10 times smarter than Conan, and would have a game plan thought up in advance.

The round starts. Conan starts moving toward Cold, who is already backing up and aiming his weapon. Conan decides to charge, but before he starts moving Cold fires, and Conan finds his feet frozen to the floor. Conan bends down to break the ice with a strong fist, but Cold fires again and Conan's head is turned into a block of ice. Captain Cold Wins! (Brain freeze, literally :lol: )
I did some reading up on Captain Cold, and although I don't think the matchup would quite happen that way, I do think Cold would end up winning. Conan is smart and makes a significant threat when it comes to melee... but Cold specializes in projectiles and "keepaway" tactics. Also, Conan would be unfamiliar with modern technology; he may recognize the devices as projectile weapons, but only after the first shot - and one shot is all Captain Cold might need to immobilize the barbarian. So I agree with you - Cold would end up winning that matchup.
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
I will switch your pick.
I post too much.
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
The votes are in!

Mario defeats MC Zombie!
Magikoopa defeats Black Bird!
Knuckles defeats James Bond!
Gandlaf defeats Eddie Munster!
MC Iron Golem defeats Grandpa Munster!
Magneto defeats Lily Munster!

And the coin flips for the ties.
Heat Wave and MC Cave Spider tied.
Tails and Toad Tied.

Heads for Toad and MC Cave Spider, Tails for Tails (lol) and Heat Wave.

Heat Wave defeats MC Cave Spider!
Tails defeats Toad!

The next set of battles will be presented shortly.
I post too much.