Fictional Character Bracket

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts

Should we do a second bracket?

Yes!
100%
No.
No votes
Maybe later.
No votes

Total votes: 4
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Thanks for the input!

Yoshi as a 4 is good.
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
I'd definitely classify Wolverine as a 2.

A few other characters to consider....

Mega Man. One of Capcom's flagship characters, he looks like a little kid, but is a robot. At the beginning of his games he's only OK in terms of power (probably a rank 6 to 8), but the more bosses he defeats, the more weapons he obtains. I'm thinking the same could apply to this bracket - if he makes it to the next round, he "steals" one ability or weapon from those he defeats. Based on who he beats, he could get quite powerful by the end!

Spider-Man. Why not have old Web-head involved? I'd rank him as a 1 or 2.

Link - the hero of the Legend of Zelda series and the one who bears the Triforce of Courage. In all of his adventures, he ends up obtaining all sorts of interesting items that aids him on his quest, from boomerangs to masks that allow him to change shape. Although he often starts out as simply a pointy-eared farm kid, by the end of the adventure he's a force to be reckoned with. I'd rank him as a 4.

Dracula - more specifically, the one from the "Hotel Transylvania" movies. Even though he's a vampire, he's not bloodthirsty (he actually consumes a blood substitute, according to the original flick). He has all of the standard vampire strengths and weaknesses, but is amiable enough to not be a murderous psychopath, like most vampires. I'd rank him as a 3.

Scooby-Doo. The mascot of "The Mystery Machine," he travels with his human companions (most often Shaggy) to solve mysteries wherever they are to be found. Well... they tend to solve the mysteries while he and Shaggy run away and hide. Still, he tends to be victorious at the end... especially if offered Scooby Snacks! I'd rank him at a 12, but wouldn't argue if he was placed lower.

Juggernaut. Let's have another X-Man villain make an appearance (because the X-Men are the best. :wink: ) This thug (actually one of Charles Xavier's cousins) is immensely strong and nigh invulnerable... and not terribly smart. He wears a suit of armor in order to make more of an impact when he plows into something or someone (it's certainly not for his protection, because nothing can apparently hurt him!). His biggest weakness is his lack of intelligence. He wears a helmet to protect him from psychic attacks, but once that's knocked off, any psychic character can drop him with a thought. Another problem - he weighs a ton. So while he can't be killed in quicksand, or wet concrete, or deep water, it will significantly slow him down. I'd rank him as a 5.

Just a few of my initial thoughts. I'm sure I can come up with a few more later!
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Thanks! This bracket is going to have a bit more variety than the last one.

Also, when suggesting characters, I encourage adding some sort of description. They don't have to be really big, just a short summary of their abilities.

Since we are going the fast route with this bracket, I am editing the poll for another thing.
I post too much.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
ZappierVirus wrote:Also, when suggesting characters, I encourage adding some sort of description. They don't have to be really big, just a short summary of their abilities.
Good point, I will go ahead and do one for the characters I picked right now.

Zero was Docter Wily's final robot, created solely to destroy Megaman. Yet in a twist of fate, Zero lost his memories shortly after awakening, and became one of humanity's greatest heroes, and was a role model and later a best friend to the new Megaman, named X.
Zero's signature weapon is his Z-Saber, he however also uses a chargeable gun, a chain rod, and a boomerang shield that can reflect minor projectiles.

Shadow the Hedgehog was created by Eggman's father. Ever since he was reawakened, he has been known as the rival of Sonic.
Shadow is much like Sonic in terms of speed and power, Shadow however knows how to control Chaos energy. With Chaos control Shadow can warp at will, create and throw spears of Chaos energy, and can nearly freeze time. (Though, I say we ban the time freeze power. XD)

Kirby is Star Warrior who crashed landed on Dream Land, and has since then defeated Nightmare, Dark Matter, and many other sinister villains. Kirby's power is to inhale enemies and objects to gain their abilities and mastery of said abilities. If he inhales a sword, he becomes a master swordsman, or if he inhales fire he becomes a manipulator of flames.

Bass.EXE is from an alternate megaman universe, where instead of Robot Masters, there were sentient computer programs called NetNavis.
His abilities include floating, teleportation, dual machine guns, swords, a flamethrower, and he can also make huge bombs and burning wheels out of of dark energy.

Then there is Yoshi, I am sure everyone knows him. :)
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Thanks for the information! I will start putting them onto a bracket soon, I have been busy recently.
I post too much.
Woiv
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Not likely
I think this is a great idea, love the creativity!! :) ;)
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
I have not had the time to do this, and I only have 5 more days. Sorry.
I post too much.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
It's alright.
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Hey, real life comes first. Don't worry about it!
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Thanks for understanding.
I post too much.
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
We have had some wifi improvements, so I can be on the forums occasionally if we still want to do this.
I post too much.
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
I'm back!

Our internet has been improved, and I have enough spare time to do this again! (If people are still interested)

I will be changing the poll shortly so we can vote on if we want to try a second round. I have already set up a complete bracket, but I was thinking we could swap out some repeats and token characters for more variety.

Since I already have the bracket finished, the process of picking/replacing characters should go much faster.

I hope people are still interested in doing this again!
I post too much.
evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Bring it! :D