Nintendo Switch

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Wow that is a big back-date.
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
True, but I'm glad, gives me a longer time to earn money to buy it.
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
JesusIsLord713 wrote:True, but I'm glad, gives me a longer time to earn money to buy it.
I completely agree.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Sorry I haven't updated you guys for a long time about this. Completely forgot this topic existed. :roll: :lol: :oops:

Anywho, even now there still isn't a lot of info on the console itself. The reason Nintendo has been so quite about revealing the console is because they don't want copycats (such as Microsoft and Sony) to steal Nintendo's ideas.

It's been revealed that the console will most likely be a handheld console hybrid. Which means you can play it on a TV like you would with a home console but you can also play on it like a handheld console. I think this feature will become VERY handy if you want to play on your game console on the go.

The release date is still the same, March 2017.

From the looks of it Nintendo will once again be battling with other consoles to get the most sales and such. Rival consoles are the Xbox Scorpio (I think that's the name) from Microsoft and the PlayStation Neo from Sony.

Currently there are a few games confirmed to be released on the NX between at launch and a few months after launch. Games include:

Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Warriors
Just Dance 2017
Some holiday 2017 Sonic game
Dragon Quest X

These games aren't confirmed but have a decent chance of being released on the NX in the future

Dragon Quest XI
Mech Super Extended

Of course games from other Nintendo series such as Mario, Kirby, Star Fox, etc will be released on the NX at some point. But there has been very little or no info on these games at the moment.

Well there's the update! I'll update again ASAP and hopefully I won't forget this time. :D :lol:
Last edited by JesusIsLord713 on Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

1.12 is here!

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Thanks for the info!

BTW it is quiet instead of quite.
I post too much.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Lol thanks.

1.12 is here!

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Some more rumors have came about regarding the NX. Don't quote me on these because some rumors have a good chance to be false.

It's rumored that the consoles true name is "Focus" which to me is a pretty weird name. Then again this rumor is likely to be false.

The console will most likely be finally revealed in September at one of their events.

Some games like HD remakes of old games and new games (super Mario Focus, Super smash bros Focus, HD remake of Smash bros Melee, etc) are rumored.

The rumored price of the console would be somewhere between 300-350$.

That's about it! I think I will finally get some true information when it's revealed next month so stay tuned until then!

1.12 is here!

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Dragon quest 11 confirmed to come to NX!

1.12 is here!

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Cool!
I post too much.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Sounds like there is a very high chance that the NX will go back to using catridges like the consoles did before the Gamecube came out.

The catridges will also most likely be the same or about the same size as the catridges used for the DS and 3DS.

1.12 is here!

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
That is a smart move, discs can be damaged easier than cartridges, and discs are larger than cartridges.
I post too much.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
The main reason they stopped using cartridges for home consoles was because people preferred discs since they were able to store a LOT more data on them than cartridges do.

Yeah they are way less easier to break. It would make the games last a lot longer than they will on the Wii or Wii U.

Speaking of the Wii, I think I'm gonna have to stop using mine in the near future. It's finally starting to show its age because it is now having the same trouble my previous 2 Wii's have been having, not being able to read discs. It's still able to read them, but for some of the discs that have never had problems the Wii would just randomly not be able to read it anymore and I would have to restart the game/system.

Better get started with beating all the Wii games on the Wii U...sigh... :?

I also cannot play Gamecube games on my Wii U since it's not compatible with it. I guess I'll have to say goodbye to Crazy Taxi and Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door.

1.12 is here!

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Oh and I forgot to mention this last week, but the NX will most likely be region free as well.

1.12 is here!

ImperialR
JesusIsLord713 wrote:The main reason they stopped using cartridges for home consoles was because people preferred discs since they were able to store a LOT more data on them than cartridges do.

Yeah they are way less easier to break. It would make the games last a lot longer than they will on the Wii or Wii U.

Speaking of the Wii, I think I'm gonna have to stop using mine in the near future. It's finally starting to show its age because it is now having the same trouble my previous 2 Wii's have been having, not being able to read discs. It's still able to read them, but for some of the discs that have never had problems the Wii would just randomly not be able to read it anymore and I would have to restart the game/system.

Better get started with beating all the Wii games on the Wii U...sigh... :?

I also cannot play Gamecube games on my Wii U since it's not compatible with it. I guess I'll have to say goodbye to Crazy Taxi and Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door.

One thing lost in the change from cartridge to disk- more potential due to the fact that the technology can change.

Ever wonder why games near the end of the NES life span looked soooo much better than LoZ and the first SMB? The cartridge had it's tech better near the end. If an advancement is made in the capabilities you can put in the cartridge, it can take advantage of it. Like when the original Star Fox came out, it was the first game on the SNES to use graphics like that. Heck, anyone remember when a gameboy cartridge was shaped different? A kirby game came out on Gameboy that had gyroscopic capabilities so you could tilt your gameboy and kirby would roll like a ball around in the game in that direction. Or the Genesis Sonic and Knuckles game, where you could literally attach yet another sonic game to it, either Sonic 2, or Sonic 3. do this for Sonic 2, and you could play the ENTIRE GAME as Knuckles, even with his gliding. Do it with Sonic 3, and the two games become one long storyline, complete with SAVE SLOTS. First Sonic game with Save Slots well...Ever?

On a CD...Well it's cheaper, but you're limited to what the system alone can do, the CD just has the data for the game on it, and can't contribute to the resources of the game console.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
One of the NX's rivals, the Playstation Neo, was revealed yesterday and now has the name "Playstation Pro".
The Playstation Pro is really just a power upgrade from the Playstation 4, and it also supports 4K resolution.

As for the actual NX, no new news has come up yet. Although it's very highly rumored that the console will most likely make an appearance somewhere between around next week and early October.

1.12 is here!