Nintendo Switch

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
J.K. Riki
I imagine they will definitely have more to show off come E3, or even before. That said, I'm already backlogged on the system, lol! Been playing Stardew Valley and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (so good) plus Rayman multiplayer with friends, AND I never got the Zelda DLC so that's waiting in the wings! On top of that there's still plenty of Splatoon fun to be had, and 700 or something moons in Mario Odyssey. :shock:

Such a great little system...
Bannanableu!
Noob
Noob
Nintendo switch sounds fun, but Holding it in your 2 hands can hurt after 5/10 minutes. the game i would be most looking forward to in switch is Mario Odyssey, and Mario Kart Deluxe 8!
J.K. Riki
Bannanableu! wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:29 pm Nintendo switch sounds fun, but Holding it in your 2 hands can hurt after 5/10 minutes. the game i would be most looking forward to in switch is Mario Odyssey, and Mario Kart Deluxe 8!
You may want to look into a cradle style grip if you find the console itself is too cramped! They have a bunch now:
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
There's rumors about Google making a video game console to battle with the PS4, Xbox 1, and Nintendo Switch. https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming ... ndo-Switch

Now take this with a grain of salt as these are just rumors and I wasn't able to find many articles on this topic. Phil Harrison apparently has recently joined the Google team and is the vice president and general manager of Google now. Harrison has actually been a part of many different other companies in the past, including Microsoft and Sony. He helped both of the companies with their consoles when he was working at that respective company. So knowing he has experience with video game consoles, and Harrison talking about video game consoles (in the video that is in the article I provided a link to), some people think that Google is currently making a console and will be announcing and releasing it in the near future.

I think, if the rumors are true, that this will make the console wars even more interesting as Nintendo is currently coming back with the Switch. What do you guys think about these rumors?
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!
J.K. Riki
That seems super odd to me, as Google is all about multi-functionality, yeah? I would think they'd rather release a new Pixel Phone or something that also played games, or some variation of that little stick you plug into the TV (can't remember what it's called). Doing an actual game console doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

On a personal level, IF it happened I wouldn't buy it because I have very little trust of Google, which stems from both how they randomly shut down services and also some interaction (bad interaction) I've had with their customer service in the past. They are like the Anti-Nintendo when it comes to customer service. I wouldn't want to deal with that, myself.

Plus the Switch library is keeping me so busy I don't have time for other consoles, let alone one that's almost certainly based around the Google Play Store for profit reasons.
LuminousLCDLord
Noob
Noob
That is something; Google started off as a search engine, and now it's gone on to basically dominate the electronics market. That is strange considering you'd never expect such a thing; DuckDuckGo wouldn't do that because it's just a search engine, would it? :)

As for the main subject (sorry, we have to get back on topic here. :) ), from what I've seen, looks like Nintendo's bounced back from the Wii U for how well it was designed and how it surpassed the Wii U's lifetime sales in less than a year. I personally haven't played the Switch yet and have no intentions of doing so anytime soon at best; I don't really game anymore, and if I do partake in gaming, I'd just watch a longplay, so personally the Switch doesn't really matter to me much. Plus, I'd be fine with emulating Nintendo's older games rather than spending potentially thousands of dollars on games I'd never really get into or just plain don't really provide me that much.

While we're on the subject of games not really providing me that much, Super Mario Odyssey, from SunnyYT's walkthrough of it, did have charming atmosphere and the new Capture mechanic, but it's art style is so much different from earlier Mario games, almost to where it doesn't even fit IMO - since you used to have flat colors for 'textures', having you be able to imagine what it looks or feels like just like every Nintendo game out there, and now its all gone - and I personally expected it to use Google Earth, meaning you could explore the real world in the game (and not with, since it tends to be confused with Pokemon GO) and have certain favorite or childhood locations saved for visiting later. If that were the case, I assume its sales would've very possibly broke even the original Super Mario Bros.'s, being the first game of its kind.

Also, I personally feel SMO comes very close to the theme of the Super Mario Bros. movie, and while some gamers might appreciate that, I feel it's a bit weird especially considering that the former's rated E10+ (And, in fact, is the first Mario game with an ESRB rating descriptor included in its moral warnings), and the latter's rated PG.

Other such games which were previously E have gotten the same treatment, and that's a little concerning since the same thing happened with family movies and Cartoon Network cartoons in general and most recently, Shantae's latest game was rated T. (Which personally I expected to be rated E10+ just like her last two titles, but I've never expected it to be rated T in that case.)

Other than that, I have nothing else to say about Switch.