Cheap, powerful PC build

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
DaveyWavey
Noob
Noob
I was looking at purchasing a new PC for gaming that is reasonably powerful but I wanted to try and get the most bang for my buck. I was going for around the $1,000 mark, but I'm wondering what exactly would be the optimum sort of build for that amount? Im thinking that GPU and CPU should get priority. Any ideas?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
8GB RAM minimum, Intel CPUs are faster but AMD's are cheaper. Nvidia and ATi cards are both good. We've been ATI users for the past few cards though. I may be able to hook you up with a 7970 video card if you're interested.
Marcussurpreme
Noob
Noob
I have many build guides, contact me and I can sort something out with you and help you with one of my guides. from experience I can try and get you a good build. I've messed up on mine, most people do. just let me know. I'll send you a few links, and let me know what you have access too. I made a new budget guide that may be perfect for you!

Just reply if you'd like links, I might even alter it to what you have access to, as a matter of fact I'm happy to alter a guide just to help you. Contact!! :D

My build guide is GTX 980, i7 Intel 4.00ghz, under 1k parts only. (What I would alter for you would be adding a case etc, whatever you fancy to help you out with urs)
Arthrogryposis
Noob
Noob
i have a AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series video card. im look for a cheap yet better card that has at least 2gb ram on it. any ideas?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
what is your budget?