Good games similar to League of Legends?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Psalm_51
Noob
Noob
Does anyone know of any games similar to League of Legends that are not doused in magic?
TDog9631
Unfortunately all games that I know of that are like LoL have magic. MOBAs have the mana system and as such, there are lots of magic wielding people. The only exception might be Infinite Crisis, which being a DC Comics moba, doesn't really have that sort of thing.
Steam: bE.(Insert witty name) Origin: TDog9631 Battle.net:TDog9631#1737
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
You might want to check out SmashMuck Champions.
The senior art director was an active member at Christian Devs. Good guy, great artist.

I think there is some magic in it, but I'll let you judge it.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Emwok
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Dota 2 is fun, but there are some magic using characters. Fortunately, there are so many other characters that not being a magic based character is no problem at all and I haven't seen many players that use magic based characters.
Spoiler:

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Also, Smashmuck is currently pretty much dead.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Oh, too bad.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
TDog9631
Emwok wrote:Dota 2 is fun, but there are some magic using characters. Fortunately, there are so many other characters that not being a magic based character is no problem at all and I haven't seen many players that use magic based characters.
Until you have a high enough MMR that you start facing people who are good enough to play Invoker, the Archemage. But he's about it for true wizard/magic types.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
ArchAngel wrote:Oh, too bad.
I know right? That game is awesome. It's got one of the best atmosphere's of a MOBA I've seen. There are hints that it'll be revived, but I has mah doubts.
General_Redfox
Have you guys ever tried Natural Selection 2? It's a FPS that's MOBA like. You have one player who has a traditional RTS isometric view who builds buildings and purchases upgrades. They players help build and protect the buildings. The objective is to destroy the other teams main building. For the aliens it's their hive and the humans it's their command center. The game has been in a few humble bundle game deals.
TDog9631
General_Redfox wrote:Have you guys ever tried Natural Selection 2? It's a FPS that's MOBA like. You have one player who has a traditional RTS isometric view who builds buildings and purchases upgrades. They players help build and protect the buildings. The objective is to destroy the other teams main building. For the aliens it's their hive and the humans it's their command center. The game has been in a few humble bundle game deals.
I love it, but none of my friends like to play it. Also every time it's updated you have to pre cache and stuff for like 15 minutes.
Kwan
Awesomenauts is an awesome moba. There are one or two characters that use magic, and there are some other suggestive themes, but it is fairly clean and also extremely fun. I need play NS2 sometime too.
Emwok
CCGR addict
Awesomenauts is awesome. I think the only real magic user is that bug guy with the creepy character theme. The little girl has powers because of her species. She is very scary to go against if you're using Clunk...
Spoiler: