Best game in the world in history?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
blacksinow
So, I think we've explored the worst game of all time (if not, then we soon will...) So why not explore the other half, the best video game in history in the world.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Super Mario 3
blacksinow
Though it IS a pretty boss game, good platformer and family friendly... I think the best game in all the history of the world is likely to be Fallout 3. All of the decisions actually meant something and it gives you a genuine look of Washington DC being obliterated.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Fallout 3 is a great game but I only beat it once, I beat Super Mario 3 several times
blacksinow
I'm not a big fan of the princess, she's got a big case of Stockholm Syndrome. I could swear that she lets herself get kidnapped on purpose.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Judging by your logic in Fallout 3, the objective answer would be The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Just sayin.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
LAVA89
The best game of all time is OBVIOUSLY Shaq-Fu.

Duh.
blacksinow
No... you got it all wrong! The best game in the world is any that is developed by LJN!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
SMB3 is a very worthy choice...hard to beat that one, honestly. It redefined the platformer genre, and unlike most "U GUYS IT DEFINED THE GENRE" games, it's actually still worth playing.

I'm sort of learning towards Tetris though. Or perhaps Chrono Trigger, which was the first deep game I ever played. Self-sacrifice, events in the now affecting the future for years to come, and one group of oddballs who banded together to save everything.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Only one game to choose from? But there are so many....

When I think about it, one game in particular tends to come to mind. Morrowind. That game can draw you in and you can spend countless hours just wandering around and exploring... without even beginning the main quest. And even after you finish the main quest, you can keep playing. When you add in the expansions and the modding community, you have yourself a game that may never end, in a game world that you just can't get enough of.
LAVA89
Sarcasm Begin

Sstavix, I had no idea you were a Morrowind fan!

Sarcasm End
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Is it that obvious? :lol:
blacksinow
That is pretty much it though, it can take you hours to reach one city, because the paths are a bit misleading. Especially if you are trying to get to Balmora from Vivec. But I will agree that it DID have a sense of importance, a shame that Skyrim wasn't like this.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
If you used the striders or boat rides, you could get most anywhere inside of ten minutes. If you enchanted a pair of shoes with water walking and knew a good levitation spell (or had decent alchemy skill), maybe half that. Not even considering other stat buffs.

I logged so many hours into that game. Oblivion doesn't even come close to its awesomeness level. I may change my vote to Morrowind, actually. I've sworn off the stuff because I become so involved in that game (I literally played it for days on end), but it's easily the best non-turn based RPG I've played.
blacksinow
On second thought, I think I will too... Because when you found something, it actually MEANT something. And when you were done with Vivec, you could have a really powerful soul gem, hee...