The OUYA

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Much like the Wii u hehehe
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
ChickenSoup wrote:Much like the Wii u hehehe

Your trolling knows no bounds, Soupy. XD
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Ika_Chan
Noob
Noob
I think the most important thing about the Ouya, is that it helps those who are looking to develop games that are not immoral or blasphemous, to reach an audience they otherwise wouldn't have... those who want their games on their TV, not their smaller pc monitor or android phone/tablet.

As someone looking to help develop morally good/un-offensive games, this is really important. It means my two person team can reach people who are looking for innocent fun, but who like to play from their couch. Right now, I'm sorry to say, we can't get on big-name systems. If it weren't for Ouya, we'd be out of luck.

Yeah, indie games often don't match the big companys' titles graphically... but are the great graphics are also not worth offending God for. I'm sure there are games that aren't knock-your-socks-off graphically impressive, that are nevertheless very fun or challenging.
FamilyFriendlyGaming
DeadManReedeemed wrote:Well, don't count it out just yet, FFG. Who knows: they may do something so shocking you may end up glad you bought one.
Yup. :)

CS,
Dude not sure what you are looking at. But we have plenty of fun games we have been playing on the Wii U. :)

Now the PS4 has nothing of interest - at least not yet. Xbox One has a few games that are fun.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
FamilyFriendlyGamer wrote: CS,
Dude not sure what you are looking at. But we have plenty of fun games we have been playing on the Wii U. :)

This.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
CS,
I'm sure lots of people are having fun with the Ouya.
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
ChickenSoup wrote: I'm sure lots of people are having fun with the Ouya.
This too.

― Criss Jami
FamilyFriendlyGaming
ChickenSoup wrote:
CS,
I'm sure lots of people are having fun with the Ouya.
What is your definition of lots? It would be interesting to see some numbers on OUYA sales, active users/accounts, and polling of owners of the system. I do not have any of that. Do you? Could you please provide some evidence that backs up your statement?
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
You... want a source to prove that some people are enjoying the Ouya? Are you serious?

Look. i'm not comparing the Wii U to the Ouya. The Ouya is a microconsole. It is not intended to directly compete with the Big 3. It fits in one hand, costs $99, and runs Android, for goodness sake. It's a crowdsourced casual indie platform.

If you're talking sales, the PS4 and the Xbox One are poised to quickly outsell the Wii U, which has been out since 2012. THOSE are the Wii U's competitors.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
here are some stats from July: http://indiestatik.com/2013/07/22/ouya-stats/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
And remember, I'm not drawing a comparison between the Ouya and the Wii U. I just called out Nintendo for sticking to certain gimmicks, and you (FFG) said that you've had plenty of fun on it. Since we were originally talking about how you weren't impressed with the Ouya, I said that some people are probably enjoying the Ouya as well. I was implying that a lot of points against the Ouya (sub-par hardware, niche market, but hey--someone's enjoying it, right?) can be made against the Wii U as well and that no one is immune to criticism.
FamilyFriendlyGaming
Chickensoup,

I want to thank you. :) You have given me an avenue to explore something for a possible story. I am going to see if the OUYA folks can provide some system sales stats, as well as their plans for the future. If not an article maybe an interview. Whatever it turns into - it would make a fascinating story. Thank you. :)

I have been critical of the Wii U on multiple angles in the past. I still think they need to do certain things, and I would like to see the Wii U be a short stop gap on the way to their next system. Meaning in 2-3 years release a new system. Don't wait like they did with the Wii.

CCGR,
I found quite a few similar stories after my post yesterday. I was curious to see how it was doing - and not well was the main answer. Developers seem happy to dump something on the OUYA but not do any real work - unless they are new developers trying to learn the overall game publishing process. Something like 21K was the most any developer had made.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Chickensoup,

I want to thank you. :) You have given me an avenue to explore something for a possible story. I am going to see if the OUYA folks can provide some system sales stats, as well as their plans for the future. If not an article maybe an interview. Whatever it turns into - it would make a fascinating story. Thank you.
I have actually had a pretty hard time finding sales stats on the Ouya XD

I've only found articles like the one ccgr posted, which have more to do with app sales/downloads. I haven't found numbers of Ouyas sold; rather, just that they were "slightly disappointing."
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
ChickenSoup wrote:the PS4 and the Xbox One are poised to quickly outsell the Wii U, which has been out since 2012.
The Wii U has sold 3.91 million units. Don't count it out just yet.

As for the Ouya, I might make some games for it.

― Criss Jami
FamilyFriendlyGaming
ChickenSoup wrote:
Chickensoup,

I want to thank you. :) You have given me an avenue to explore something for a possible story. I am going to see if the OUYA folks can provide some system sales stats, as well as their plans for the future. If not an article maybe an interview. Whatever it turns into - it would make a fascinating story. Thank you.
I have actually had a pretty hard time finding sales stats on the Ouya XD

I've only found articles like the one ccgr posted, which have more to do with app sales/downloads. I haven't found numbers of Ouyas sold; rather, just that they were "slightly disappointing."
I sent them interview questions where sales numbers are asked for. As well as giving them an opportunity to plug their plans for the future. I think their interview is the first where I have not thrown any hard balls. Hopefully they will respond in a timely manner. More press can't hurt them. :)