About Next-Gen......

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Apparently, the PS4 and the Xbox One only work on HDTVs.......very disappointing.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
ohnolookout
VIP Member
VIP Member
Well considering the graphics the next-gen games will be running, it's not a big surprise.

People have been pressuring CoD developers to say whether CoD: Ghosts will be 1080p for the PS4 and Xbox One. We demand higher graphics and older technology is being pushed out. It's just how it works. If you're worried about it, you can buy a small HDTV for pretty cheap these days.
Si ergo Filius vos liberaverit vere liberi eritis
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
What they don't seem to take into account is the fact that not many people are gonna want to buy a HDTV just to use a game console. I understand technology moving forward......but I don't understand why technology and its creators are getting stupider along with it.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
ohnolookout
VIP Member
VIP Member
The advancements in technology are just incompatible with older stuff. It's not so much a lack of consideration, it's just one or the other. As far as HDTV's go, it's just the standard now. They're safer, lighter, easier to plug in, take modern inputs, and just look better (from what I remember anyways). You're right, most people wouldn't buy a HDTV just to play games, but the thing is they probably own one anyways.
Si ergo Filius vos liberaverit vere liberi eritis
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Dude..........well, they do look nice anyhow.

So, what games are planned on being bought by you guys?

― Criss Jami
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
If you have an LED monitor, you should be able to use that. HDMI to DVI converters are usually around $10 on amazon, and you have to buy some cord for sound, so that's like another $15. If you don't have an LED monitor, you can get a 1080p one for around $200. So that would be around $225 for the whole kit and caboodle. Much cheaper than an HDTV either way.

It's how I use my 360, and it works really well.
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Pheonix wrote:If you have an LED monitor, you should be able to use that. HDMI to DVI converters are usually around $10 on amazon, and you have to buy some cord for sound, so that's like another $15. If you don't have an LED monitor, you can get a 1080p one for around $200. So that would be around $225 for the whole kit and caboodle. Much cheaper than an HDTV either way.

It's how I use my 360, and it works really well.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HARD I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR THAT INFO!!!!

― Criss Jami
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Yeah, I would have to check what outputs the One or PS4 have on them, because if there's only HDMI for sound, well, that would be a bummer.
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Wait.......LED moniter? :wtc:

.......UUUuuuuhhhhh.....do you know any device that works with SD (Standard Definition) television? :mrgreen:

― Criss Jami
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
HDTVs don't cost that much anymore. Hit up some sweet Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals and get a moderate sized one under 300-400.

I mean, if someone can't afford a cheap/small HDTV... honestly, they probably can't afford an Xbox One/PS4.
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested