What next gen console are you gonna get?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts

Next gen console?

Xbox One
19%
PS4
19%
Wii U
25%
PC
38%

Total votes: 16
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Since I got a PS4 review code for a game I ordered a PS4 from Sony today.

Here's a cool site for seeing where they are available: http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Unfortunately, PS4 only works on HDTV. And I don't have the money for that. So I'm getting a Wii U instead, and I'll be getting a 3DS XL next year.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
The Wii U has some good games for it and I've been getting a lot of use out of my 3DS XL lately too
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
DeadManReedeemed wrote:Unfortunately, PS4 only works on HDTV. And I don't have the money for that. So I'm getting a Wii U instead, and I'll be getting a 3DS XL next year.
Nice.
Let me know when you get the 3DS,
your going right back onto my buddy list. :)
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Thanks!!

.......speaking of Nintendo.........

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18007#.UolTw5E6rGs
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
llNobleNinjall
Noob
Noob
I really want a XboxOne. But the pricetag is SO steep! I don't know if I'll ever get the money for one... But if I do get one it will definitely be the XboxOne. I can't stand Playstation.
Spy_Piggy
Noob
Noob
Definitely xbox one, when i can get the money for it. :)
bocag1393
Noob
Noob
with all the new "features" of this next gen of consoles I'm probably gonna switch from console gaming to PC, as soon as i figure out how to hook up a controller to my comp.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Especially with Project Spark. That game looks amazing.

― Criss Jami
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
bocag1393 wrote:with all the new "features" of this next gen of consoles I'm probably gonna switch from console gaming to PC, as soon as i figure out how to hook up a controller to my comp.

Just plug in a wired Xbox 360 controller and you're golden!
bocag1393
Noob
Noob
ccgr wrote:
bocag1393 wrote:with all the new "features" of this next gen of consoles I'm probably gonna switch from console gaming to PC, as soon as i figure out how to hook up a controller to my comp.

Just plug in a wired Xbox 360 controller and you're golden!
That's it? no other programming required?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Windows will work with it out of the box :)
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
It'd be even cooler if you had a Microsoft Surface.

― Criss Jami
LAVA89
Yeah. in the end, you can get a decent enough machine that's cheap to play current games and its something that you can continuously upgrade to keep up, instead of having to buy a whole new console every generation. Plus, between the sales on GOG and Steam, games will be alot cheaper. For instance I got Batman Arkham Asylum during a steam sale for 7 bucks years ago while Gamestop STILL has a new copy of the game listed for $20, and that's for all of its ports.

And then as ccgr mentioned, the 360 controller works great. It really feels no different than playing a 360. And my computer is 7 years old. Its living proof that you don't need to shell out thousands of dollars just to play modern games.
bocag1393
Noob
Noob
LAVA89 wrote: Yeah. in the end, you can get a decent enough machine that's cheap to play current games and its something that you can continuously upgrade to keep up, instead of having to buy a whole new console every generation. Plus, between the sales on GOG and Steam, games will be alot cheaper. For instance I got Batman Arkham Asylum during a steam sale for 7 bucks years ago while Gamestop STILL has a new copy of the game listed for $20, and that's for all of its ports.
And let's not forget the humble bundle ;D