New Smash Bros. Characters?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
micah211
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
I have to say it would be awesome if they added some more sonic characters but i dont think they will. if they did it would most likely be shadow or knuckles. I think they should add daisy, bowser jr, and blood falcon.
I literally do nothing
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
DeadManReedeemed wrote:
Emwok wrote: I also think they should add Batman.

I'm sorry. But Batman just can't be in the game. He is RARELY associated with Nintendo and it's just plain odd. I understand you'd want him in the game, but you can't just add random characters like this guy:

Warning: Minor language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa4MCA1KjTQ
Skimmed through that vid and I actually think Fierce Diety Link would be awesome >_> but perhaps overpowered :P
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
ChickenSoup wrote:Skimmed through that vid and I actually think Fierce Diety Link would be awesome >_> but perhaps overpowered :P
How about a Young Link based off of Majora's Mask,
they could make it so he can switch forms with masks. (Deku, Goron, Zora Link anyone?)
Then Fierce Diety Link would work perfectly a final smash. :mrgreen:
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
I don't think adding multiple versions of a character is gonna work in this game. We need different characters with different appeals. Just adding "Young Link"s and "Dr. Mario"s just because they might be a good addition is just dumb right now.

Some may be disappointed or offended by what I'm saying, and I'm sorry. But think:

would you want more of your favorite characters besides the one to be added, or have that space taken up because of some minor variation of a character?
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Well personally,
I am hoping Toon Link makes it back in,
yes he is what people call a clone character.
Though this is the reason I am hoping he returns.

Link has always been my second favorite character in Smash Bros,
but then when Brawl came out Adult Link's speed was slowed down a lot. (Not to mention he had low jumping.)
Toon Link on the other hand, felt much more like the Adult Link I would play in Melee,
and I have also noticed some people play as Toon Link rather than Adult Link for the reason above.

I agree that different versions of the same character is generally a bad idea,
but if the original character is going to be changed a lot, I think making a clone is a rather smart move.

though on a final note,
When I was talking about Young Link from Majora's Mask,
I was talking about him having a vastly different move set than what he had in Melee.
You would be surprised on how a few masks could change one's move set.
Though yeah, he would still be a version of Link... just with a much different move set.

baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
JOJ650s wrote:
ChickenSoup wrote:Skimmed through that vid and I actually think Fierce Diety Link would be awesome >_> but perhaps overpowered :P
How about a Young Link based off of Majora's Mask,
they could make it so he can switch forms with masks. (Deku, Goron, Zora Link anyone?)
Then Fierce Diety Link would work perfectly a final smash. :mrgreen:
Dude, that's a great idea! Maybe you should give Namco Bandai some feedback telling them about your idea. :D

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should've been more specific." -Lily Tomlin
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
In that case, let's Modern and Classic Sonic in this game.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
DeadManReedeemed wrote:In that case, let's Modern and Classic Sonic in this game.
If done right, sure.
You do you want Classic Sonic to have that makes him different from Modern Sonic?

DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
JOJ650s wrote:
DeadManReedeemed wrote:In that case, let's Modern and Classic Sonic in this game.
If done right, sure.
You do you want Classic Sonic to have that makes him different from Modern Sonic?

Nope. Just for the heck of it.

― Criss Jami
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Ah, well in that case it's more likely we would end up with different Sonic character like Tails, Knuckles or Shadow.

micah211
VIP Member
VIP Member
if they added another sonic character it would possibly Dr. Eggman or Shadow. because if you think about it they always add the enemy of the character too. Waluigi would be cool to add and daisy.
I literally do nothing
baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
They announced that Peach will be going into the next game. Personally, I wasn't very surprised by this. Speaking of princesses, I thought it might be cool if they added Princess Daisy in there, too.

Also, the official name for the new Smash Bros. games have been announced; they are Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for 3DS.

Not quite the flashy name people were expecting, but at least it's not something really stupid.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should've been more specific." -Lily Tomlin
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
I know this is off-topic, but micah211..........I'VE GOT TO GIVE YOU A REP POINT!!! :D

― Criss Jami
micah211
VIP Member
VIP Member
Was it something I said, or does it bother you that I don't have one :?:
I literally do nothing
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Click the reputation point and you will see why.

― Criss Jami