New Smash Bros. Characters?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Emwok
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
CelloX wrote:To be honest, based on what I see of greninja, I think he is going to be a semi-clone of lucario, based on his moveset.

Up B: Recovery Dash
Down B: Counter
Basic B: Charging Projectile

Regardless, he looks like he might be interesting to play as. As for characters I would like to see them add, even though they have probably shown all the new ones, I really just want bowser junior to be added. He is perfect for smash, and yet Rosalina got priority over him somehow... (Rosalina is pretty cool though)
Yeah. I had no idea who Rosalina was until I got Super Mario Galaxy. I still haven't beaten that game yet.
Spoiler:

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Emwok wrote: Yeah. I had no idea who Rosalina was until I got Super Mario Galaxy.
Considering that that was the game where she was introduced, you're in the same boat as pretty much everyone else. :wink:
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Still......if Naruto was in Smash............
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Emwok
CCGR addict
I don't watch Naruto or read the anime but from what I've seen he would be pretty epic in Super Smash Bros.
Spoiler:

DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Emwok wrote:I don't watch Naruto or read the anime but from what I've seen he would be pretty epic in Super Smash Bros.
*stares at avatar*

........... :wtc:
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Emwok
CCGR addict
Lol the one thing remotely related to Naruto that I've seen is a really cheesy Jackie Chan movie. I thought the avatar was a pretty funny spoof of those old kung fu movies.
Spoiler:

DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Uh-huuuh......... :shifty:

― Criss Jami
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
It is. The kids costume is straight out of Enter the Dragon.
Servant of the King
I have to say, I'm disappointed by Zero Suit Samus. I did expect her to be in SSB4, but I was kinda hoping they'd make her even a little more family-friendly. Of course, since we live in a fallen world, they just took her and went in the completely opposite direction. Oh well, video games aren't life.

Still, aside from her, it's looking like a really good game so far!
"There is therefore now no condemnation against those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set us free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death."
--Romans 8:1

Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
Servant of the King wrote:I have to say, I'm disappointed by Zero Suit Samus. I did expect her to be in SSB4, but I was kinda hoping they'd make her even a little more family-friendly. Of course, since we live in a fallen world, they just took her and went in the completely opposite direction. Oh well, video games aren't life.

Still, aside from her, it's looking like a really good game so far!
Meh, as much as I hate to say it, Samus has always been sexualized. As long as she doesn't have... physics (if you know what I mean), I'm fine with it. The rocket heels seem a bit odd, but her moveset seems to be improved because of them.
Servant of the King
You're right; I am glad that they didn't take her character as far as they could have. At least she's wearing a non-revealing jumpsuit. I guess I just meant that it's important to guard our minds against temptation, and Zero Suit Samus definitely pushes the line in a couple ways.
"There is therefore now no condemnation against those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set us free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death."
--Romans 8:1

ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Yeah, actually, that is a bit messed up. Samus hasn't always been sexualized. When she was in the ambiguous robot suit, that's all she was. A cool rolly-polly butt kicker. Then they revealed it was a female. Cool! A lead female role that isn't shoe-horned into an objectified stereotype. They had a good thing. As if it wasn't hard enough to make a female role not steeped in sexuality, they apparently can't hold onto it once they have it. It is disappointing that women in games are almost unilaterally pigeon-holed into the same box.

And that's the thing. I'm not even opposed to a bit of sexualization. It's everywhere and not just because "modern culture." No, sexuality is a core part of who we are as biological beings. And we don't have to hide it all the time. Far be it from me to espouse the androgenization of society. But there's a problem when we as a culture have a hard time seeing women outside a certain archetypal filter.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
ArchAngel wrote:Samus hasn't always been sexualized.
Shield your eyes children!
Spoiler:
She's always been slightly sexualized, it's just that it was a step in the right direction back then. Now, she's still one of the better female protagonists out there, but not exactly the best. I'm still psyched to play as her though, I think she is going to be a much stronger character now.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Welp, shows how much I know about Samus.

Dem hips tho.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I was going to say...then Nate did. XD

Much as I love Metroid, that's always been an annoyance to me.