The community needs to learn respect

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Saber101
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
Hi everyone

Tonight I was playing some games of DotA with my friends, when we came across a player whose name was 'Stoner Jesus'. He started with blasphemous and extremely offensive 'jokes' and comments regarding Jesus. Upon learning that my team consisted fully of Christians and that we found it offensive, he persisted with his offensive speech. Players such as this one do not respect the beliefs of others and take advantage of them in this way. I believe it's our duty as members of the Steam Community and as Christians to report such abusive behaviour to Valve.

You're free to respond however you wish, but my request is that as many people as possible report this player for his offensive alias and behaviour: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041174325/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please share this with others and please don't let this player continue believing that it's fine to go on with his offensive behaviour.

Thank you
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Welcome to the site! Sorry but without proof (srceenshot etc) I won't report a person I don't know.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Good point, ccgr. I would strongly advise for those who have not been harassed by Stoner Jesus to not flag him.
It strikes me as unethical to conduct a vendetta against him in this manner.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Beyond which why would Steam care if someone's being "blasphemous"?

They'd have to ban about 90% of users in that case...
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Saber101
Noob
Noob
Well, I could go back to the replay and fetch screenshots, but you make a good point, now that I think about it, I doubt Valve would really care. I'll drop it then, I just wish these people would show even the slightest bit of respect though :/
delve
Orodrist wrote:Beyond which why would Steam care if someone's being "blasphemous"?

They'd have to ban about 90% of users in that case...
You could make the point that once someone has been politely informed that they're being offensive and asked to to stop then it ceases to be acceptable speech. Granted there's a blurry line in there but what was described above should probably be reported. Only by the affected players, of course.

Steam does have an interest in maintaining a play-space that people want to visit which is why abuse reports exist. I doubt you could get him on the basis of his name though.