Anybody have an Xbox 360? Please tell me about it.

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
delve
Are you human?: Yes!
And if you get bored with it you can use your kinect to control for a boxing robot
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Well, if I was to get it what games would you recommend (besides Guilty Gear 2: Overture)?
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
DeadManReedeemed wrote:Well, if I was to get it what games would you recommend (besides Guilty Gear 2: Overture)?
To be honest with you bro, unless you like M Rated shooters (Halo, Gears of War) and racing games (Forza), you won't find that many exclusives worth playing. Kinect is there, but that's another $100 out of your pocket.

Though there are two Naruto games, but they aren't exactly given great scores on Metacritic.

There are also a few jRPG's like Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon that might be worth your time.

And *shivers* there is always the Fable series...
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
Krytae wrote:And *shivers* there is always the Fable series...
Hey! The first two games weren't that bad...and considering that's all they ever made...yep, can't wait for the real Fable 3...'Cause that other one was only a joke by the developers...A ****IN' GREAT JOKE LIONHEAD. We're still laughing.
Spoiler:
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
Nate DaZombie wrote:
Krytae wrote:And *shivers* there is always the Fable series...
Hey! The first two games weren't that bad...and considering that's all they ever made...yep, can't wait for the real Fable 3...'Cause that other one was only a joke by the developers...A ****IN' GREAT JOKE LIONHEAD. We're still laughing.
Spoiler:
I agree with you. The third one is so bad, that I cringed while watching a video playthrough of it.

Though, I've only played the second one and I didn't really like it much. My character was fat because I only had sweats to eat, and he became uglier the more I played. I also didn't really like the dog thing much.

As for the first one, I don't know. I heard a lot of bad things about it.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
DMR, Krytae is (fairly) correct. Ish. Dunno about that Fable thing.

Point is, I can't honestly see a reason why you'd want a Magic Box if you already have a PS3. Unless you see an exclusive game that you'd be willing to spend $100+ or so for. :P There's no reason to purchase cross-platform games, so all you're looking at is the exclusive "For X360 only titles". Something to keep in mind.

For myself, a short list from the top of my head of exclusive only titles:

Shadow Complex (Essentially, 2D Metroid flavored like MGS)
Metro 2033 (Amazing game, really. Violent and foul language, but one of those titles you never forget)
Alan Wake (Also an excellent game, Hard to describe, though. )
The Halo series (of the modern titles, ODST and Reach are my favorites, in that order. There's also Halo Wars if you favor RTS, but I've not tried it)
Gears of War (filters for violence and language, but it's still incredibly brutal and verbose with them)
Torchlight (not technically an exclusive, since it's up on Steam, but console wise, it's an amazing Diablo style RPG)
delve
Chozon1 wrote: Torchlight (not technically an exclusive, since it's up on Steam, but console wise, it's an amazing Diablo style RPG)

Unless I'm mistaken Alan Wake, Metro 2033, Gears of War, and Halo are also on PC. Oh, though it looks like Halo went XBox exclusive after 2007?
FamilyFriendlyGaming
DeadManReedeemed wrote:Well, if I was to get it what games would you recommend (besides Guilty Gear 2: Overture)?
Dude, already been telling you about some in past posts. :)

Forza games - Forza Horizon would probably be right up your alley.
Viva Pinata games - main are better than Party
Kinectimals games
Nike+
Zumba games (although some are also on Wii)
Alien Spidy (also on PC)
Tropico 4 (also on PC)
Disneyland Adventures
Dragonball Z for Kinect - mainly if you like DBZ.
NBA Baller Beats - unique to say the least

Stay away from Hulk Hogan's Kinect game. That is one of the worst Kinect games on the market.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
delve wrote:
Chozon1 wrote: Torchlight (not technically an exclusive, since it's up on Steam, but console wise, it's an amazing Diablo style RPG)

Unless I'm mistaken Alan Wake, Metro 2033, Gears of War, and Halo are also on PC. Oh, though it looks like Halo went XBox exclusive after 2007?
I'm uncertain about Gears (after the first, they stopped porting them), but you're right otherwise. Also, the last Halo game for PC was...the second, I think. Couldn't tell you a date.

Regardless, DMR has no Windows system either. :D
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
If I'm correct, Deadman likes to play games that have minimum swearing and violence in them and prefers Japanese games. Could be wrong though.

I also forgot Tales of Vesperia. It's on PS3 too, but only in Japan.
DMR, Krytae is (fairly) correct.
Well, at least I'm fair. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
See, I thought that too. But then he'll post some random game he's enjoying and I'm like "wut".

And hey, I've not played Fable. :P Seems like for every person I hear hating it there's one that loves it. Too grody for me to want to play, so...
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:See, I thought that too. But then he'll post some random game he's enjoying and I'm like "wut".

And hey, I've not played Fable. :P Seems like for every person I hear hating it there's one that loves it. Too grody for me to want to play, so...
Dis b troo. I thought it was ok, while my sister adored it. Well, II anway.
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Yeah, I got part way through Fable III and just kind of lost interest. I think it was Skyrim that caused it.
For a console, I think Reckoning would be a better RPG. It was overshadowed by Skyrim, but it was fun.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Sonic Free Riders got some good feedback as well, and my little brother likes that game so IF I get a 360 I might get that game as well.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Drewsov
CCGR addict
ArchAngel wrote:Yeah, I got part way through Fable III and just kind of lost interest. I think it was Skyrim that caused it.
For a console, I think Reckoning would be a better RPG. It was overshadowed by Skyrim, but it was fun.
Ugh, and I don't know why. Skyrim was such a waste.

I cranked out Fable 3, and I only actually enjoyed it during the last half. The first part of it was, well...

That was basically how I felt. And then I got to actually make choices! I was like, "THIS IS AMAZING STUFF IS HAPPENING HNNNNFFFFHGGHGHGGHGHHAHAHDFSFADADSFSADASDSFSHAGDBSA", and then the game ended, and I was mad.

Stupid Fable. There hasn't been a good one in the series.

Stupid Molyneaux. He hasn't made a good game since Populous. Or Black & White.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...