new adventure needed

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Bluesharky
Are you human?: Yes!
Hey guys(and gales).

You see I want a new video game adventure which is very hard to find because I have ether played it or spoiled the story.

I want something that's fun to play, as a great story with surprises, awesome characters, and awesome bosses.

The game Platforms I have are wii, ds, 3DS, gamecube, GBA, PS2, wiiu,n64, and PC.

I hope you all can help me :)
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Deus Ex.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Bluesharky
not really my style
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Children these days....
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Orodrist wrote:Children these days....
I agree. Probably one of the better SciFi stories in the game world.

You should probably list exactly what your styles are, amigo. And what games you played/spoiled. Otherwise, you're very likely to get a gamut of titles you've already experienced. :P

There's Chrono Trigger, if you haven't played it. I'd still list it as one of my top five RPG's of all time. ^_^ It's for the DS. There's also the Sly series, and the Jak series (both for PS2). Given the popularity, I'd bet you've played those though. If you haven't, the Jak series has a lot of innuendo and immodest characters, but a very interesting storyline and open world gameplay.

You could also give the OG Splinter Cells a shot, if you have oodles of patience and like realistic stories. That's all I've got until you write up that list though.
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
Bluesharky, are you talking about the adventure genre or just videogames in general?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Xenoblade Chronicles is fun from what I have played
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Nate DaZombie wrote:Bluesharky, are you talking about the adventure genre or just videogames in general?
My thoughts, too.

If you're looking for adventure games, see if you can find some of the games in the Monkey Island series. The latest one is available from Telltale Games and is pretty good. (In fact, Telltale has a nice variety of different adventure games in various genres, so their Web site may be worth a look).
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Yeah, my first thoughts were recommending the old school point and clicks.

And bluesharky, if Deus Ex isn't your "style," can you tell us what is?
Also clarify what you're looking into a game besides awesome story/characters/bosses. That's really vague.

Until clarified: Star Control II.
It's an open-world/galaxy adventure with a awesome story and immersive play, awesome characters, and is free.
One of the greatest games of all time.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Bluesharky
alright

stuff I like are adventure, RPG, platforming, strategy, sometime's puzzle,creation stuff, games where you can have a Bestiary, and games with more characters to play as (and also I LOVE IT WHEN YOU CAN PLAY AS THE BOSSES)

Also the only first person shooter I'v played is metroid prime games

I also don't like games that look to much like real life, have swearing, have bad or sad endings and are M rated.

I hope this helps :D
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I guess I'd still recommend Star Control II.

Darksiders? Skyrim?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
I'm very fuzzy when it comes to the Prince of Persia games, but yeah, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time is pretty cool.

I know you said you didn't like Deus Ex, but honestly, that game is just amazing and has a lot of replay value. I get excited even thinking about it, it's that good.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
I second Chrono Trigger.
(I mean even my current avatar on this forum is of one the main characters. :mrgreen: )

Kirby Super Star Ultra is also a fantastic game. :mrgreen:
You have partners, you're able to play as Meta Knight,
and there is a mode where you fight through all the bosses as one of the many partners.
(I only actually manage to beat all the bosses with only two different partners,
so that mode alone can last a long time. XD)

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker is also an amazing game.
(It's probably my favorite of the series. :mrgreen: )

And as I normally do,
I am going to mention the Professor Layton games. (It's my favorite DS series after all. :P )
The first three games can be found for really cheap now,
so I would recommend trying the first game out.
Then if you like it, then totally get the second and third games, because those are amazing. :mrgreen:
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
One idea that occurred to me is Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals. It's a remake of Lufia II for the SNES, and if I recall correctly, you do have several characters you can play and can capture creatures to help you fight as well. Pretty decent storyline, too - at least the SNES version. I haven't played the DS one.

The various LEGO games might be worth a look as well, even though you'll probably know the story (e.g. LEGO Star Wars ends with blowing up the Death Star - whoops, should I have put that in the "Spoiler" tags? :P )
Noobyhead99
Bluesharky wrote:not really my style
Deus Ex is everyone's style. You can play it any way you want.
Don't play Invisible War though, or if you're being turned away from Deus Ex because it's old, play Human Revolution.
Spoiler: