The Wii U

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
LAVA89 wrote:Getting a Wii was better than a PS3 or 360, because the games I wanted on the PS3 \ 360 were also on the PC...with possibly better prices (especially with steam) and controls (if its a first person shooter I'd rather use a mouse & keyboard and if its a 3rd person game, I have a wired 360 controller connected to my computer).

So the Wii U will be probably be same way. However, I'm still not seeing alot of games be announced that have already sold me on the console that I can't already get on the PC. I'm not really excited for New Mario Bros Wii U nor Pikmin 3...and I'm hoping Sonic will have titles on there, but there's no guarantee for that either. Mario Galaxy is pretty much the game that sold me on the Wii, but that didn't come out at launch either. LEGO City: Undercover is pretty much the one game that I can get excited for. However the fact that its not part of LEGO's franchise adaptations makes me worried if they'll do it right.

You said you're hoping Sonic will have new titles on the Wii U, right?

In that case, you haven't been paying attention. This game is coming out on launch day.

Also, please support my video:

I will be doing a video for Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing on PS3, so look for it in the "I'm making videos for you guys on Christ Centered Gamer" thread.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
LAVA89
Krytae wrote: The way Nintendo works, they find a reasonable price and stick with it for years. You probably won't see a price drop any time soon, unless it has a bad launch like the 3DS did.
Oh trust me, I can wait. I waited to get a Wii in its final years last Christmas. :D

The price I truly paid for was not being able to play Gamecube games. Good thing I didn't sell my original GameCube!
DeadManReedeemed wrote:You said you're hoping Sonic will have new titles on the Wii U, right?

In that case, you haven't been paying attention. This game is coming out on launch day.
Ah ok, I should've clarified that I'm waiting for a new platformer Sonic game to come out on the Wii U.

Now if the next main \ platformer Sonic title is multi-platform (which could very well be, looking at Batman Armored edition and Assassin's Creed 3) I might just get it on the PC, if its released for it. Unless there's a touch pad gimmick that really makes the gameplay shine on that console.

This alone pretty much shows me that the new open market of 3rd party titles for the Wii U has its trade offs. Its great for people who only stick to Nintendo, because now they'll be able to play games that would not have been on the Wii due to hardware limitations, but it also doesn't give people who have more than one platform real incentive to go out of their way and get a Wii U, if virtually the same game they want can be played on another system.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
The time is almost here.............

Speculation is rising.

I actually managed to get my hands on a WiiU Gamepad at GameStop today.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
DranzerFrost
Noob
Noob
I was pretty much sold on the WiiU with Pikmin 3 and the new Super Smash Bros. It really helps that I'm a big Nintendo fan though.
Terrabyte20xx
Noob
Noob
A new ad is going to appear on the official Facebook page tomorrow. The hype is really starting to build.
"Because man, somewhere in one of these... MEMORIES is the evidence!"
Spartan_117
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
I'm really hyped for the Wii U but I'm going to wait until more games come out. I don't really want any of them outside Mario and the fixed version of Ninja Gaiden 3.
Terrabyte20xx
Noob
Noob
Spartan_117 wrote:I'm really hyped for the Wii U but I'm going to wait until more games come out. I don't really want any of them outside Mario and the fixed version of Ninja Gaiden 3.
Fair enough, but I'd suggest that you'd look into ZombiU, I'm really looking forward to that game.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing: Transformed.........wonder how the WiiU version will differ from the others.........

Moreover, will me and my family be able to afford the WiiU in the first place.

― Criss Jami
Terrabyte20xx
Noob
Noob
DeadManReedeemed wrote:Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing: Transformed.........wonder how the WiiU version will differ from the others.........

Moreover, will me and my family be able to afford the WiiU in the first place.
I know that Sonic will have 5 player local MP, exclusive mini games, and MAYBE an exclusive character, I don't remember.

And Wii U is going to be $300 for the basic set, and $350 for the deluxe.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
I know that. That's why.......well, I am going to be available for an interview at GameStop in 2 weeks.

― Criss Jami
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Noooo! Don't join the dark side!
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
What????? :|

― Criss Jami
Terrabyte20xx
Noob
Noob
DeadManReedeemed wrote:What????? :|
He's talking about GameStop, with their stupid policies of selling you new games with opened boxes and buying your games for $5 dollars, but then selling them for $50, essentially ripping you off and YES I'M STILL BITTER!!!!!!!!
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
To be fair, their used game prices are pretty good after a year or so, and they have a fantastic return policy. Though I did get scolded once when I returned a bunch of games all at once just because I didn't care for them.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
See, this is the thing about used games, the only people who profit from it are the used game sellers. If you claim that piracy takes money away from developers, used games do just the same. No difference. Only this way, some brick and mortar, like GameStop, gets to buy a copy a game retailing at $30 for $5 and sell it back to the people for $20 and the developer gets zilch. And how is this better than piracy? If piracy is wrong, what makes this sort of profiteering? It's not like the "pirates" even get money, but GameStop sure does.

Does this make them evil, no. I just find there's a bit of hypocrisy in the whole "don't pirate, but buy used" crowd. Does paying money to GameStop really ease your conscience?

But, this isn't really why I don't like GameStop. I just find them overpriced and backwards in their attitude to PC Games. Maybe if I was a bigger console gamer I'd like them more.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim