Last Game You Beat

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Ugh. I knoooooooow.

And then there's the whole "not resolved until AC: Revelations" bit. Which it largely is. :P
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Diablo 3
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Contra 4.

Easymode. Pleh. So technically, I didn't really beat it. I considered it training for Normal mode, because really, it's incredihard. It's the game I point to when I, or others, say "They don't make hard games anymore".

It's fun. Classic Contra with updated graphics and sound. It looks gewd, too. I miss the spin attack mechanic from Contra III though.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Max Payne 3

I was pretty much blown away. This is a graphically violent game that deals with some very mature themes, namely that there are ramifications for living a life of violence and addiction. Much of it is hard to watch as a spectator, because it's so brutal. But the gameplay is compelling and the story propulsive. The sneer in Max's words has never left over all these years; he's still bitter, still haunted, thousands of miles from home.

This is one of Rockstar's best games. Many of the issues it deals with are dealt with in Red Dead Redemption and Grand Theft Auto 4. That's okay. The same guy wrote all three games, and it's easy to see what compels him. A writer will explore similar themes over the course of his career. Still, it's hard to not see the three as part of a gritty thematic suite, when the smoke has cleared and Max leaves Sao Paulo.

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
Drewsov wrote:Max Payne 3

I was pretty much blown away. This is a graphically violent game that deals with some very mature themes, namely that there are ramifications for living a life of violence and addiction. Much of it is hard to watch as a spectator, because it's so brutal. But the gameplay is compelling and the story propulsive. The sneer in Max's words has never left over all these years; he's still bitter, still haunted, thousands of miles from home.

This is one of Rockstar's best games. Many of the issues it deals with are dealt with in Red Dead Redemption and Grand Theft Auto 4. That's okay. The same guy wrote all three games, and it's easy to see what compels him. A writer will explore similar themes over the course of his career. Still, it's hard to not see the three as part of a gritty thematic suite, when the smoke has cleared and Max leaves Sao Paulo.
That good, huh? I really liked RDR's story; even though it was about as dark as a black hole.

The last game I beat was Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon.
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Vagrant Story. Great game from the PS1 era, back when Squaresoft was still an awesome company.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
blacksinow
You mean, when they actually HAD imagination and talent?
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Nate DaZombie wrote:
Drewsov wrote:Max Payne 3

That good, huh? I really liked RDR's story; even though it was about as dark as a black hole.
This is darker.
blacksinow wrote:You mean, when they actually HAD imagination and talent?
Uhhh... they still make great games. Including Final Fantasy 12 and 13.

JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Finished Professor Layton: and the last specter.
I also beat the side game they added called London Life. :)
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
GarthVader
VIP Member
VIP Member
Assassin's Creed II.

Liked it, but it was starting to get a tad old. And that ending was just plain weird.
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
Hambo (Miniclip), it's similar to angry birds, except better.
GarthVader wrote:Assassin's Creed II.

Liked it, but it was starting to get a tad old. And that ending was just plain weird.
Yeah, I never could understand what was going on in the future. Imo, they should just stop the madness and stay in the past; though, an AC set in the future would be pretty awesome.
GarthVader
VIP Member
VIP Member
Nate DaZombie wrote: Yeah, I never could understand what was going on in the future. Imo, they should just stop the madness and stay in the past; though, an AC set in the future would be pretty awesome.
Same here. Meh, I kinda love the historicalness (yes, I jus' made a word) of the previous Assassin's Creed. I could really care less about what goes on in Desmond's world, honestly. Looking forward to AC3...
uchideshi
Noob
Noob
Last game I beat was Epic Mickey. It was actually pretty fun. :D
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Nate DaZombie wrote:Hambo (Miniclip), it's similar to angry birds, except better.

Yeah, I never could understand what was going on in the future. Imo, they should just stop the madness and stay in the past; though, an AC set in the future would be pretty awesome.

Guys, you've gotta play Brotherhood and Revelations. And you've gotta do the Subject 16 stuff in each game. It explains everything a ton.

Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
Drewsov wrote:Guys, you've gotta play Brotherhood and Revelations. And you've gotta do the Subject 16 stuff in each game. It explains everything a ton.
I've seen some of it, but I still think the story is convoluted. Problem is, it's waaaayyy too late to just give up on Desmond's story. I just hope they wrap it up well.